Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Dream Offseason Reply with quote

Simple off-season...no cap figures. Dream a bit, but I think it's realistic to a degree. Thoughts?

Release
1- QB Matt Cassel: Even if he is the "best" QB on the roster, I don't want him in the era. Let the past stay in the past.

Re-sign
1- LT Brandon Albert (5years. The thought here is keep him at LT, and move to LG as he ages while bringing in a younger LT later.)
2- WR Dwayne Bowe (4 years)
3- DE/DT Glenn Doresey (3 years) The guy has flashes and won't command top dollar unless a 4-3 team still sees him as quality in the middle.
4- P Dustin Coulquitt (4 years) Top 3 in the league. Can't let him walk. If Dorsey can wrap up Albert and Bowe, I'd be all for franchising the guy.
5-DB Travis Daniels (1 year) Versatile enough to warrant a spot on the 53
6-LS Thomas Gafford (3 years) Mistake free LS. All you can ask for at the position.

Restructure
1-Tyson Jackson-Can't afford to pay 14.5m.
2-Justin Houston (5 years) We still have 2 years left on his rookie deal, but we could extend him now, front load the contract while we have the cap room, and free up cash to reload when Tamba and DJ age out. He will command top dollar in 2 years.

Free Agency
1- CB Aqib Talib (2 years) Great option opposite Flowers. I still don't trust Javier on the outside. I think he will get a ton of looks, but all for cheap/short term offers. Reid did a good job keeping Vick in line, and could do the same here.
2- S Willie Moore: (5 years) Will be a top, all pro level safety for years. The Falcons can't afford to keep all their FA's. Yes, I know we have EB, but I think his skills can translate to FS well and let him ball hawk more. Also, Hunt needs to fill the seats. KU and MU in the secondary would be cool for the locals.
3- QB Alex Smith (2 years) If cut (speculation) Reid could do wonders for the guy...no qb in the draft or FA could start immediately. We need a rental. I expect him to play with a chip on his shoulder.
4- TE Delanie Walker: Good blocker, potential in recieving game, cheap, and lines up at FB every now and then.

Draft
TRADE: (of course) We're not gonna get an RG3 deal due to the lack of top players, but I have us trading to Buffalo's 8 overall, second, fourth, and a second or third next year. I think they are our best trade partner that would want to jump Jax for Geno.

Trade: We trade the Buffalo first to TN who wants to jump the Jets for Milliner. We get their first (#10) and their third.

1- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, UT: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1996183/cordarrelle-patterson
I like the guy opposite Bowe, and he is pretty much his clone. Would be an instant replacement when he leaves and makes him expendable in the near future. Not exactly a need pick this high, but good value considering the need for weapons in Reid's passing game.

2a (2) ILB Kevin Minter, LSU
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664390/kevin-minter
Dependable, instinctive, smart, leader. Not a thumper, but reliable tackler. Projects as a first, but I see him falling due to lack of need of the position.

2b- (Cool TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664437/tyler-eifert
Mismatch TE, but lacks the speed of the super elite.

3a- (1) DE Datone Jones, UCLA: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631952/datone-jonesWill def shoot up to a early second or earlier if the reports out of Mobile practice is true. As of now, he's an early 3rd and a good pass rusher from the front.

3b (10) QB Tyler Bray, UT: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737685/tyler-brayTop potential arm in the draft. Needs seasoning. I really think he is the QBOF. I really think he could pick up the WCO quickly and potentially start year 1 by week 10.

3c (compensation for Carr)- DT, Sylveter Williams NC
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824167/sylvester-williams
Flashy but inconsistent. Compares to Gerrad Warren. I like it.

4- CB/Returnman Tyran Mathieu. LSU
My draft philosophy is that you take BPA rounds 4-7. The guy messed up, but he has talent in the return game immediately and can learn the secondary position.

4-RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina
Would have been a top 15 pick if not for the injury. Again, see draft strategy from above.

5- WR Denard Robinson Michigan
Project with the thing you can't teach...speed. Why not?

6- FB Lonnie Pryor FSU
Top FB with ability to churn out tough yards.

7- QB Jordan Rogers Vandy
Good genes obviously. Played in the SEC and led team to one of it's most succesful seasons. Worth a look in the 7th...much like Flynn was for Dorsey in GB.

Roster
QB:Smith, Bray, Stanzi/Rogers
RB: Charles, Lattimore, Draugn, Gray
FB: Pryor
WR1: Bowe, Breaston
WR 2: Baldwin, Newsome
WR 3: Patterson, McCluster, Wylie/Robinson
TE: Moekai, Eifert, Boss, Walker
LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, ?
C: Hudson, ?
RG: Asamoah
RT: Allen. Stephenson

LE: Jackson, Jones, Bailey
NT: Poe, Williams, Toribio
RE: Dorsey, Pitoitua
OLB: Houston
ILB: DJ, Greenwood
ILB: Minter, ?
OLB: Hali
CB1: Flowers, Arenes, Mathieu
CB2: Talib, Brown, Daniels
SS: Moore, Menzie?
FS: Berry, Lewis

What do you think?
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ALOT of money, there's no way we could do this and still be under the cap. If we resign Bowe and Albert, we could probably realistically only sign one semi big FA. If you factor in J. Hou's extension I highly doubt we'd be able sign any.

Really not a bad start though. Only complaint would be starting QB, as A. Smith at 3-5 mil would be pushing our Cap limit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good: I like drafting Eifert, Lattimore and Robinson (who may be best served at running back in the NFL, not wideout).

The bad: I don't like most everything else and don't see guys like Talib and Moore hitting the free agency market.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream off season without a qb?

What you smokin brah? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: