Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So, correct me if I’m wrong here…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: So, correct me if I’m wrong here… Reply with quote

So as reported by Ed Werder…
Quote:
As part of the bounty punishment, Goodell fined the Saints $500,000 and took away second-round picks in 2012 and 2013. However, Goodell left open the possibility of restoring the 2013 second-rounder and instead docking the team a later-round pick if he is satisfied with the club's level of cooperation in the bounty matter.

Then the statement issued by Goodell himself…
Quote:
Sean fully complied with all the requirements imposed on him during his suspension. More important, it is clear that Sean understands and accepts his responsibilities as a head coach and the vital role that coaches play in promoting player safety and setting an example for how the game should be played at all levels.

Am I wrong to think that the only reason we wouldn’t get our 2nd round pick at least modified is because Rodger is still bitter that the players won?

I mean… Benson, Payton and Loomis all played ball. The coaching staff did as well, but the players fought the tough fight and won. So in my estimation the only people Goodell should have a problem with is the players but Tags put all the blame on the club and Rodgers words clearly indicate that he is very happy with how the club complied with his asinine suspensions.

So in theory… if our 2nd round pick isn’t either returned to us or modified into a later round selection then that would mean, hold up… wait for it…

RODGER LIED TO US!

No way, he wouldn’t do that… would he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should just make a "Rant about Goodell" thread so you can put all your posts in there.

We don't know all the behind the scenes stuff that the CLUB (not just Payton, Goodell's statement only speaks of what he observed with Payton) had to cooperate with, and we have no idea how cooperative they've been.

You're just looking for a reason to play victim, that's clear as day. As long as you have that attitude, you'll find plenty to be mad about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodell has already gone on record saying that he is pleased with not only Payton's compliance but also Tom Benson and the Saints organization as well. The facts are that he did indeed leave that door open and he is now on record of saying the compliance was meet so what is left?

You know so much... What now would be the reasoning for Rodger at least not modifying the pick?

The players?

Well his boy Tags is on record saying it was the clubs fault... suspensions vacated remember.

So which is it? he's satisfied but not enough?

Come on TD... Yes I hate the man and yes you don't that much is clear but even you can look and see by the comments made by all parties and figure out that it the pick isn't adjusted, then Rodge took things a little to personal.

Yet, we should be the ones to "let it go".

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitter? No, if he didn't give us the 2nd round pick back its because he doesn't feel we earned it back. We broke the rules, you should be THANKING Goodell if he gives us that 2nd back not expecting it back.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Goodell has already gone on record saying that he is pleased with not only Payton's compliance but also Tom Benson and the Saints organization as well. The facts are that he did indeed leave that door open and he is now on record of saying the compliance was meet so what is left?

You know so much... What now would be the reasoning for Rodger at least not modifying the pick?

The players?

Well his boy Tags is on record saying it was the clubs fault... suspensions vacated remember.

So which is it? he's satisfied but not enough?

Come on TD... Yes I hate the man and yes you don't that much is clear but even you can look and see by the comments made by all parties and figure out that it the pick isn't adjusted, then Rodge took things a little to personal.

Yet, we should be the ones to "let it go".

You want to send me a link to a quote of Goodell saying he was pleased with the Saints organization?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot in the dark for the both of you...

Do you feel the Saints should get their 2nd rounder back or modified into a later pick?

If so, why?

PS: I know were arguing but hot dam this is the most action we've had in here in weeks!!! Laughing

Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

Do you feel the Saints should get their 2nd rounder back or modified into a later pick?

If so, why?

PS: I know were arguing but hot dam this is the most action we've had in here in weeks!!! Laughing

I honestly don't know, I'd say yes because by all accounts Loomis and Payton did as they were told BUT I don't know the behind the scenes details.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

If so, why?

I honestly don't know, I'd say yes because by all accounts Loomis and Payton did as they were told BUT I don't know the behind the scenes details.

I'll say this... The Saints were punished enough and even if the Commish feels keeping the 2nd rounder is justified then whos to argue but if the league truly wants to put this to bed and bury the hatchet once and for all with Saints fans then Goodell should compromise with the fans of the Saints for they were the victims in all this (especially the season ticket holders) and return the 2013 2nd round pick.

Whether or not Goodell feels the club has earned it, if he wants to in any way repair the relationship between him and the people of New Orleans (If he even cares about that) the future of that pick will be a big deal.

A lot of people want to move on, most Saints fans realize that there's nothing we can do about the 2012 season but they also know much is needed to rebuild for 2013 and with our defensive woes and cap situation that pick is vital to our future success.

I think a lot of Saints fans just want compromise and until they get it they have a feeling that Goodell is dragging this into 2013. He made his point, the Saints were punished more and suffered than any NFL franchise I can remember. If we all truly wanna put this behind us, return the pick... leave 2012 in 2012.

SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're getting worked up over something that hasn't even come to fruition yet? We won't know what's going to happen with that pick for weeks still. Personally, I've always felt and still feel the Saints will get their pick back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, can we just move on from this bounty crap/we are victims schtick already? I am tired of hearing Goodells name. I could care less about the pick if means we just move the hell on.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
You're getting worked up over something that hasn't even come to fruition yet? We won't know what's going to happen with that pick for weeks still. Personally, I've always felt and still feel the Saints will get their pick back.

Honestly... I have always felt the same.

I always felt Payton would be reinstated in the week leading before the superbowl in a PR effort by Goodell and that the pick would be either returned or modified in the week leading up to the draft for pretty much the same outcome.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I could care less about the pick if means we just move the hell on.

Would you honestly feel this way around draft time?

PS: Good hearing from ya there Navy Man! Wink

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:
I could care less about the pick if means we just move the hell on.

Would you honestly feel this way around draft time?

PS: Good hearing from ya there Navy Man! Wink

Yes if it meant we would never hear about the bounties again.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: