Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Bennett
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting how the league in general didn't feel Avril and Bennett had great value. I think it speaks volumes that the organization may be right that Bennett really isn't a full-time starter for the long-term in this league.

It looks like there will be opportunity get some of the veteran DEs even cheaper.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Very interesting how the league in general didn't feel Avril and Bennett had great value. I think it speaks volumes that the organization may be right that Bennett really isn't a full-time starter for the long-term in this league.

It looks like there will be opportunity get some of the veteran DEs even cheaper.

I just don't think Bennett's pass rushing potential is much higher than the nine sacks he got this season, it's hard to commit long term serious money to that. He's a solid starter/good backup guy, & I would have no problem to sign him to the deal Seattle just for insurance that Clayborn and Bowers could stay healthy but he was probably too offended that we did not sign him before FA started.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

Quote:
Seahawks agreed to terms with DE Michael Bennett, formerly of the Buccaneers, on a one-year, $5 million contract

OUCH Laughing

Either Mark offered a REALLY low number to him or he just left because he was pissed.

1 year deal for $5 mil.... Shocked

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I just don't think Bennett's pass rushing potential is much higher than the nine sacks he got this season, it's hard to commit long term serious money to that. He's a solid starter/good backup guy, & I would have no problem to sign him to the deal Seattle just for insurance that Clayborn and Bowers could stay healthy but he was probably too offended that we did not sign him before FA started.

You certainly have a valid point because Bowers was considered the starter before he tore his achilles. I think Rosenhaus may have overplayed his hand before free agency especially with guys like Freeney and Abraham released.

I like Bennett and wish him the best, but I'm not losing sleep over losing him. Now if we lose Revis then I will be upset. Rolling Eyes
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better call up Osi.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, it's all gonna come down if Clayborn and Bowers can stay healthy throughout the season next year. If they do, his loss is not a big deal. If they can't, we will we would have offered a little bit more.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs need to just come in and offer him 7-8 mill a year
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wtf I didn't even see that he signed with the seahawks?? 1 year at 5 mill??!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf is going on
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
oh wtf I didn't even see that he signed with the seahawks?? 1 year at 5 mill??!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf is going on

He had an offer on the table from us, and I would be willing to bet it was higher than that. I think it's clear he just wanted to be in Seattle, where he got his start. I would bet he had other better offers than 1 year for 5 million.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we had a deal similar to Seattles offer. He took it there to really try and up his market value for next year, where he'll be 27 and still relatively young.

Tampa saw him as a back up and probably would have not started if Bowers didn't tear his achilles. In 2011, Bowers was beasting towards the end of the year when Bennett was out.

Bowers healthy can be a great thing for us. But that's the issue. Can we rely on him to be healthy?
Gruber74

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Pro Football Talk:

Michael Bennett didn't give the Buccaneers a chance to match his offer from Seattle.
Leading up to free agency, Bennett said he’d give the Bucs an opportunity to match any offer he gets elsewhere. "I just didn’t feel any love from them at all," Bennett said. "And that’s kind of disappointing, because for a team that you put everything you had into for four years to do that, you’re just kind of, ‘OK, whatever.’"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/bennett-didnt-give-bucs-option-to-match-seattle-offer/
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/315932464885399553

Quote:
Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

This may explain why we didn't pursue him more aggressively.

They haven't announced whether he will need surgery or not, but if he does it could take upwards of 6 months to heal.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:
Seahaws DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

They haven't announced whether he will need surgery or not, but if he does it could take upwards of 6 months to heal.

So he either won't start the season, or he won't be anywhere close to 100%.

My dad had a torn rotator cuff, and it was pretty bad. Obviously my dad was not a professional athlete, but he couldn't even lift his arm above his head. I assume that even for an NFL athlete it would be pretty problematic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

So he either won't start the season, or he won't be anywhere close to 100%.

My dad had a torn rotator cuff, and it was pretty bad. Obviously my dad was not a professional athlete, but he couldn't even lift his arm above his head. I assume that even for an NFL athlete it would be pretty problematic.

Kind of shows the organization probably didn't screw up by not resigning Bennett. I wish Bennett the best, I hope he can overcome this injury, but it was the right call not to resign him.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Kind of shows the organization probably didn't screw up by not resigning Bennett. I wish Bennett the best, I hope he can overcome this injury, but it was the right call not to resign him.

Things make a little more sense now, yes. But why haven't we signed anyone else? We have 0 depth, assuming both Clayborn AND Bowers play all 16 games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: