Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Bennett
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
If Bennett does want to test fa, he is as good as gone!

No chance with the amount of money we have combined with a few rushers being available do we wait for him.

I mean really, why would we sit back hoping he comes crawling back to take our offer? We "wait" for him, he chooses to go elsewhere and the other top guys are also gone... I thought something was up when we are hearing about all of these other guys and nothing was coming out about Bennett. Potential guys like Melton, Michael Johnson, Spencer, Avril, Freeney, Knighton, Osi, Bryant on the market why wait?

I would love to have him but I think there is zero chance he is back if he isn't signed before fa hits.

A couple of things to keep in mind. First, free agency is a little bit different this year in that free agents can speak to other teams I believe three days up to the start of free agency. The player can't officially sign with a team until the free agency period officially begins. Second, I don't believe if Bennett hits free agency he is automatically gone. Remember Davin Joseph's negotiation was handled the same way. Also, I'm assuming Bennett's relationship is pretty good with the organization, which typically means the player will come back with the best offer he has received to see if his original team wants to match. Tampa has great weather and Florida's tax laws are favorable to a player.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Clayborn/Bowers, and last seasons, 'pleasant surprise', Te'o-Neshiem, I wouldn't be surprised if we used the franchise tag on Bennett, this would allow us to evaluate Clayborns and Bowers returns from injurys etc, whilst allowing us another year of Bennetts production...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times believes free agent DE Michael Bennett has "probably played his last game for the Bucs."Per beat writer Rick Stroud, Bennett is "bound to have a higher maket value to other teams than he does to the Bucs," who apparently only view him as a nickel rusher. Bennett is expected to be a hot commodity in a market bereft of young pass rushers. Bennett notched nine sacks last season after registering just five in 27 games between 2010-11

WOW!!!!

-Either Bowers has shown something special and he will be our starter next season

-We are going after Avril

-We are drafting a end in April (Tank Carridane?)

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times believes free agent DE Michael Bennett has "probably played his last game for the Bucs."Per beat writer Rick Stroud, Bennett is "bound to have a higher maket value to other teams than he does to the Bucs," who apparently only view him as a nickel rusher. Bennett is expected to be a hot commodity in a market bereft of young pass rushers. Bennett notched nine sacks last season after registering just five in 27 games between 2010-11

WOW!!!!

-Either Bowers has shown something special and he will be our starter next season

So hard to figure what is fact or smoke screen this time of year. However, I can't believe they would be satified at DE with a depth chart of Bowers, Clayborn, Te'o, and Morgan. Certainly another player has to be acquired either in free agency or the draft.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pass rush sucks, now we are going to let our best one go? Something must be in the works.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

WOW!!!!

ugh, why would we let our own guy go but sign a guy like Avril for top 5 money? Unless they really don't think Bennett is that good, which they do obviously have the inside info on him, then it just doesn't make sense to me.

We have the cap room, we have a need at D-line, we need Bennett
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

WOW!!!!

ugh, why would we let our own guy go but sign a guy like Avril for top 5 money? Unless they really don't think Bennett is that good, which they do obviously have the inside info on him, then it just doesn't make sense to me.

We have the cap room, we have a need at D-line, we need Bennett

More production, faster, younger?

Seeing how good overall Bennett is against the run as well as getting after the qb I can see a 3-4 going hard after him.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a stat on rotoworld. Bennett had almost 200 more pass rushing attempts than Avril and Avril had .5 more sacks in 200 few attempts.

Not that I'm saying Avril is worthy of top 5 money but Michael Bennett is about to go from underrated to over paid. Dom made it clear he won't do that.

Edit. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42708/310/bennett-the-best-free-agent-de
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
There was a stat on rotoworld. Bennett had almost 200 more pass rushing attempts than Avril and Avril had .5 more sacks in 200 few attempts.

Not that I'm saying Avril is worthy of top 5 money but Michael Bennett is about to go from underrated to over paid. Dom made it clear he won't do that.

Edit. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42708/310/bennett-the-best-free-agent-de

well that's great but we all know Avril is obviously the better pass rusher, Bennett is the run stopper/more all around player
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

well that's great but we all know Avril is obviously the better pass rusher, Bennett is the run stopper/more all around player

Maybe the FO thinks that we can bring Bowers in on rushing downs cuz he is similar to Bennett in the fact that he can stop the run but also give some pass rush but sign Avril to have that one DE that can really bring the pass rush. Maybe the FO sees Bowers and Bennett as similar players and they want a better pass rusher instead of two of the same.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

You starting to come around to the dark side Red? Wink

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

You starting to come around to the dark side Red? Wink

Haha not necessarily. I'm not willing to give Avril that much money. With the amount of cap space we have I can see us front loading a deal similar to what we've done for nicks and Jackson.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome an Avril signing just not the amount he wants. Same with guys like DRC and Sean Smith.

I'm not sure what free agency will bring but I'd have to say its too risky for us to just let Bennett walk and rely on a injury prone Bowers to take over. Something is got to be up dominiks sleeve at de. Atleast I hope so.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Thing is Bennett is solid but will get paid like a top notch pass rusher. He's had technically 1 solid year and he'll get paid big time for it. Very good run defender but not necessarily a great pass rusher. Something we need. Run stopping de don't get big money. Someone will be disappointed if they think they're getting a elite pass rusher in Bennett.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe Bennett gets resigned. I don't believe any of the rhetoric that comes out this time of year. Posturing to get the best deal on either side.

I have little doubt Bennett will come back to the Bucs and give them a chance to match any offer from a team which may be higher. The Bucs did Bennett a favor by not franchising him. It is a safe bet he will make more guaranteed money in his new contract then the franchise tag, hence it would not be a reach he would come back to the Bucs with the best offer he received to match.
leadkills

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally from this season have been more impressed by neisham than Bennett, its not like Bennett was being a premier pass rusher it took him a good amount of time to get the sacks and those were mostly coverage sacks. (which is surprising to say with our pass coverage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: