Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Bennett
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Michael Bennett Reply with quote

There hasn't been much talk about Michael Bennett. He is one of our biggest fa in the last few years, led our team is sacks this past season and helped anchor the best rush defense in the league.

Is it a given we sign him? Does he want to stay here or does he want to play with his brother in NY? What do we offer and for how long?

I personally don't want to lose him.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think their is a good chance he prices himself out of Tampa. And wouldn't surprise me if he does. He's not an elite player ad honestly more of a rotational guy. I wouldn't give more than 5.5 mil a year for him.

If his asking price gets up to 7 million I'd let him walk ad go after Payl Kruegar who is clearly an upgrade.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty stupid for us not to re-sign him.. if we gave Eric Wright 7 mill a year I don't see why we wouldn't sign bennett for around that especially since he's one of our own
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's best as a rotational pass rusher..can come in fresh and wreak havoc. You can never have enough pass rushers, so why create another need? I would keep him, easy decision.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think alot of people around here take for granted what Bennett does. He's one of the top ends in the league at defending the run. He plays a big part in what we did to stop the run.

DRD mentions it alot, but the guy nearly had 10 sacks this year, and is still developing. You dont let pass rushers going into their prime hit the open market. Dom was the one that found him on Seattle's PS, now he will give him the contract he has earned.

No problem paying a guy like him 8 million a year. I think he'll take that with a ton of guareented money like we did for Nicks and V-Jax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 million per is closer to what he will sign for.

5.5 million... guy wouldn't even walk in the room to negotiate at that price!

I really, really like the Bennett/Bowers combo. Both rotating in keeps each other fresh. Our defense also doesn't drop off in the run game with either of them.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't pay a rotating defense end 8 mil a year. I saw the Eric wright comment. Why make te same mistake in overpaying to resign a player?

I watched every game and Bennett just isn't consistent. I'd love to keep the guy to rotate in but you're telling me you'd pay top end money for a solid De?

The deal I'd give him: 5 years 32.5 mil. That's be the max with a front loaded salary.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R&P, you keep on saying that he is a rotational DE. Why? Why is he not a starter?

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Top end money"....

Jared Allen $12 per

Dwight Freeney $12 per

Julius Peppers $14 per

Mario Williams $16 per

That is top end money. Some of those contracts were signed 6 plus years ago also, imagine what they would be signing for today... 15-18 per?

It's like some of us are bargin shoppers. I have noticed some comment on signing DRC for something like 5-6 per. He is going to want/get a 5/40 million dollar contract, same with Smith.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
R&P, you keep on saying that he is a rotational DE. Why? Why is he not a starter?

I didn't see a consistent motor. He disappeared many times and I just didn't see a legit threat off the edge from the left side. He's solid LDE who isn't worth 8 mil a year. I just don't see him as a high impact defensive lineman

I like Bennett and think he's solid but I'd be careful overpaying for a free agent player who's solid.

Eric wright ring a bell? I would t have minded him at 4 mil a year.

Quincy black? We vastly overpaid for him after a solid year as well at 6.25 mil.

Same with Michael Koenen a PUNTER. 6 years 20 million at 3.25 mil a year.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Wright sucks...most people knew that except our front office it seems. We know exactly who Bennett is, an amazing run stopping defensive end who is also a pass rush threat for 6-10 sacks a year. You are willing to let that guy walk despite the fact that we can barely rush the passer WITH him, all because he might want 8 mil a year rather than 5? Sounds pretty silly to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Eric Wright sucks...most people knew that except our front office it seems. We know exactly who Bennett is, an amazing run stopping defensive end who is also a pass rush threat for 6-10 sacks a year. You are willing to let that guy walk despite the fact that we can barely rush the passer WITH him, all because he might want 8 mil a year rather than 5? Sounds pretty silly to me.

I like Bennett. I think he's a good player. Solid de. What I've been saying is not to overpay for him. Our best scenario would be if Michael Johnson signs first with Cincy and sets the market.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

Quote:
Buccaneers DE Michael Bennett is expected to test the open market when the free-agent signing period begins on March 12.
Despite some conversation between Bennett and the Bucs, there presently is no momentum toward a deal being struck before the signing period begins. Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season and was versatile for the Bucs, with nearly 11% of his snaps coming at defensive tackle. With both Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers on the roster, Bennett appears to be the odd man out.

Goodbye Bennett, hello Avril!

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Buccaneers DE Michael Bennett is expected to test the open market when the free-agent signing period begins on March 12.
Despite some conversation between Bennett and the Bucs, there presently is no momentum toward a deal being struck before the signing period begins. Bennett had a career-high nine sacks last season and was versatile for the Bucs, with nearly 11% of his snaps coming at defensive tackle. With both Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers on the roster, Bennett appears to be the odd man out.

Haha I just posted this in the Bucs General addition.

And no to Avril. He'll command more than Bennett and I'm not sure if he's that much of an upgrade.

In the scenario we lose Bennett, then Paul Kruegar should be tops on our list. He would be about 2-3 million cheaper than both guys and his Motor is non stop. Love the way he plays.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Haha I just posted this in the Bucs General addition.

And no to Avril. He'll command more than Bennett and I'm not sure if he's that much of an upgrade.

In the scenario we lose Bennett, then Paul Kruegar should be tops on our list. He would be about 2-3 million cheaper than both guys and his Motor is non stop. Love the way he plays.

I would have no problem paying a guy $10 mil per that has averaged 10 sacks over the last 3 seasons and is only 26 years old!

Avril will add the speed our line is missing.

Kruger would be a solid grab as well but hasn't had the consistent production, he is older and has been playing in a 3-4. As for the 2-3 million cheaper, don't be so sure. All three (Bennett, Avril, Kruger) will be looking for $10 per.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: