Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDog19851

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Chance Warmack? Reply with quote

Curious if people think Chance Warmack could be equally effective in the zone blocking scheme? Would love to see a screen game at some point in Miami, especially if Bush is resigned. I know this wouldn't be a sexy pick and Miami needs weapons on offence, but Warmack seems like the surest thing in the draft.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many different ways to obtain playmakers then just drafting one in the 1st round. So I am not really concerned about the sexy pick that whole sexy pick talk always bugs me but thats for another time. The 49ers have 3 1st rounders on that line including iupata who was a guard and drafted early so I wouldnt be against drafting warmack he can play any scheme he is athletic for his size and can get to the second leval. I do think his strength is man power though. If we do look 0-LINE early I would hope for a trade back and draft cooper who is born to zone block.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a trade back and Cooper would be nice. The important thing is hitting with our early picks sexy or not. Another reason I want to pick up Wallace, Jennings and maybe Cook in FA. Less pressure to reach for a wideout who we could grab in the second.

^^^Kempes^^^
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is my favorite player in the Draft and would be ecstatic if the Dolphins drafted him at 12. The guy is agile and strong enough to play in any system and is easily the most pro-ready player in the draft....he's the Andrew Luck of guards.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know too much about Cooper, so i will have to take a look at him. I haven't had a chance to analyse all the guys in the draft this year. I did get a chance to watch quite a few Alabama games this year and was very impressed with Warmack, he looked like a man among boys out there. As far as a sexy pick, I wasn't supporting that logic. I just know a lot of fans want to see offensive weapons added through the draft. As do I, but I would rather see best players available at any position of need. Guard is a big hole that Warmack would solidify, with little to no chance of being a bust in my opinion. Not saying he should be the pick, but definitely worth a look.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not.

I forced myself to watch N. Satan & him specifically play. Yes he moves OK for a big guy & he is strong as an Ox but ...
I wouldn't draft him in any rnd, he screams Richie Incognito.
He needs to be in a power running team.

And there is no way in hell I'd EVER draft a OG in the 1st rnd till I made the Playoff in back to back yrs.
Treat them like you would a quality RB in the 2nd - preferably the 3rd rnd.

Besides Mia needs to bring in some serious competition for J. Martin at OT before we go drafting an OG.

sug
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Absolutely not.

I forced myself to watch N. Satan & him specifically play. Yes he moves OK for a big guy & he is strong as an Ox but ...
I wouldn't draft him in any rnd, he screams Richie Incognito.
He needs to be in a power running team.

And there is no way in hell I'd EVER draft a OG in the 1st rnd till I made the Playoff in back to back yrs.
Treat them like you would a quality RB in the 2nd - preferably the 3rd rnd.

Besides Mia needs to bring in some serious competition for J. Martin at OT before we go drafting an OG.

sug
yes he can play zone but He is better suited for man power and my biggest concern would be how much bigger does he get he carry's 325 pounds at 6-2 after a couple years will he still be able to get to the 2nd leval.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: