Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killacam wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:
Somewhere in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, we really need to address RT

Actually we dont. The progression lies on Tom Compton. Tyler Polumbus played well last year and really held down the spot.

We are not as desperate at RT as we are at S.

But I am not opposed to a RT sitting there and no value for any other position at our 3rd round pick, taking that RT.

And Compton played how much last season when we needed a RT? He's a 6th round pick of a reason.

Umm....wasn't Alfred Morris a late round pick as well??? for a reason??? hmm...that's a closed minded view. hehe
this is true and the Texans starting Rt Derek Newton was a 7th round pick, he's developing into a decent tackle in the zbs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to get a corner to develope in the draft, but Im starting to think Jordan Poyer is no the one. I had no idea how small he is.....5'10 175 pounds. We have a stable of small corners...Im hoping we get one with a lil more size that can play tough man to man!!!

Im putting together my Skins Mock 2.0.....Get ready to tear it apart fellas..lol
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are looking to get a late round CB to develop, we have to remember that we have Crawford who is coming around to being a Dime CB, Chase Minnifield is coming off IR and was kept there for a reason, instead of cutting him. So he is another one.

But if you are looking for depth:

Robert Alford, SE Louisiana
Micah Hyde, Iowa
Marc Anthony, California
B.W. Webb, William & Mary
Devin Smith, Wisconsin
Nigel Malone, Kansas State (Had a good showing at the East West Shrine Bowl)
Josh Johnson, Purdue
Branden McGee, Miami (FL)
Sheldon Price, UCLA
Adrian Bushell, Louisville

One guy that I really like that could drop to the 5th, is Carrington Byndom. He is smart and plays very good man to man. He does have a tendency to bite on double moves and has trouble recovering, but he is a very smart player and doesnt make mistakes.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I have done a lil more research and this is my Mock 2.0

2) Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
3) Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
4) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) Devin Taylor DE/OLB USC
5) Tyrann Mathieu FS/CB/KR LSU
6) Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7) Brad Wing P LSU

I got my info from: www.nfldraftscout.com They seen to think this is about where these players will be...except for Brad Wing. Just wishful thinking for me
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.W. Webb is a hell of a corner. Have watched him play against JMU and he's going to be a good one.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.W. Webb could be a good development player.

Logan Ryan. Hrm. Wonder who you see the Redskins passing on in the 2nd for FS. Baccari Rambo is having a rough going at the Senior Bowl practices and we'll see what he can do in the game.

I like Kevin Reddick, but I think he goes earlier than the 4th.

Devin Taylor is from South Carolina, to be clear, and he is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl practices. Eric Fisher had a hell of a time with Taylor in practices.

I like Mathieu, but I think he goes earlier.

Micah Hyde is a great project player as well. Good size.

Never draft a K/P. Ever. They can be had as UDFA.

NFL drafts scout is good, so is walterfootball.com, or drafttek.com. You can select the link in my sig and find some options as well.

Just some ideas.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
B.W. Webb could be a good development player.

Logan Ryan. Hrm. Wonder who you see the Redskins passing on in the 2nd for FS. Baccari Rambo is having a rough going at the Senior Bowl practices and we'll see what he can do in the game.

I like Kevin Reddick, but I think he goes earlier than the 4th.

Devin Taylor is from South Carolina, to be clear, and he is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl practices. Eric Fisher had a hell of a time with Taylor in practices.

I like Mathieu, but I think he goes earlier.

Micah Hyde is a great project player as well. Good size.

Never draft a K/P. Ever. They can be had as UDFA.

NFL drafts scout is good, so is walterfootball.com, or drafttek.com. You can select the link in my sig and find some options as well.

Just some ideas.

University of South Carolina = USC.... You prolly not from the south LOL
Marcus21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Vacarro, Jefferson, and Thomas are gone before we pick. I also think Corner is a mush bigger need than most on this forum. Josh Wilson was acctually worse statisticlly than D Hall....and thats pretty horrible. Crawford has showed promise, but nothing great. Mennifield hasnt played football in almost 3 years, and his knee is...well who knows???? I think we have a better chance of getting a quiality FS in the third than a CB....

I thought Rambo was having a pretty good Senior Bowl.....I could be wrong?
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I would really like to get a corner to develope in the draft, but Im starting to think Jordan Poyer is no the one. I had no idea how small he is.....5'10 175 pounds. We have a stable of small corners...Im hoping we get one with a lil more size that can play tough man to man!!!

Im putting together my Skins Mock 2.0.....Get ready to tear it apart fellas..lol
thats not small for a cb, that's average
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I think Vacarro, Jefferson, and Thomas are gone before we pick. I also think Corner is a mush bigger need than most on this forum.
there is no way imo that 5 or 6 safties are taken from picks 15 or so till 53.

Quote:
Josh Wilson was acctually worse statisticlly than D Hall....and thats pretty horrible.
I'm sorry, but This statement couldn't be more false. Judging off of what statistics? Josh Wilson and DeAngelo Hall were middle of the road starting CBs last year and that's with some of the worst safety play in the league. If you go by pro football focus and pro football outsiders analysis.

If we fix our Free Safety problem, both Wilson will look better. They were both key in this teams turn around after the bye week, they played well. A few of the games down the stretch they looked like pro bowlers out there. Hall could be gone because of his contract but not because of his play down the stretch and Wilson played well. He shut down Torey Smith who just lit up Champ Bailey in the playoffs like a Christmas Tree.

I advocate us signing or drafting another CB to compete with them and Crawford but if Hall takes a pay cut to stay, he'll definitely be here and Wilson is relatively inexpensive for a starting cb at 3.9 million next year so he'll be back as well.

Quote:
Crawford has showed promise, but nothing great.
true, but bes a welcome surprise on D and on special teams. He's here to stay as a 3 or 4 cb

Quote:
Minifield hasnt played football in almost 3 years, and his knee is...well who knows????
what?? This isn't close to being true. He played 12 games in each of his college seasons.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=155670

He missed his rookie year because of micro fracture and ACL surgery but before that he didn't miss any games in college. It's also been reported that he's doing great in his recovery and is feeling good.

Quote:
I think we have a better chance of getting a quiality FS in the third than a CB....

I thought Rambo was having a pretty good Senior Bowl.....I could be wrong?
you could be right but that still doesn't hide that fact that Safety is this teams greatest problem on either side of the ball right now. We won't really improve on defense if that position isn't upgraded.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Uh, no. USC is in California.

And this is coming from the son of two Bruins.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

USC = University of Southern California.

University of South Carolina. And I live in Virginia.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
TKellion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my offseason I let Fred Davis walk. D.Hall,C,Griffin and B Merryweather will not return to the team for 2013.We will have Doughty,Gomes and Bernstine at S and Wilson,Crawford,Minnifield plus the other roster fodder at CB

2) Phillip Thomas S
Everything I have read about him at the SB or seen myself says this guy can handle center field or in the box.

3) David Amerson CB/S
One big corner, cant wait to see his #s at the combine

4) Kiko Alonso ILB
This guy can play the run and drop in pass coverage.

5) Xavier Nixon OT
He is athletic enough to play ZBS

Pass rusher to add to rotation

6) Michael Williams TE
TE who can line up and block or catch passes

7) Ray Ray Armstrong S
Im willing to take a flyer on him with a 7th round pick,risk vs reward
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

USC = University of Southern California.

University of South Carolina. And I live in Virginia.

I live in North Carolina and everyone in NC and SC call South Carolina
USC....just like people in Texas call the University of Texas..UT and poeple in Tennessee call the University of Tennessee..... UT. ts a regional thing.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
In my offseason I let Fred Davis walk. D.Hall,C,Griffin and B Merryweather will not return to the team for 2013.We will have Doughty,Gomes and Bernstine at S and Wilson,Crawford,Minnifield plus the other roster fodder at CB

2) Phillip Thomas S
Everything I have read about him at the SB or seen myself says this guy can handle center field or in the box.

3) David Amerson CB/S
One big corner, cant wait to see his #s at the combine

4) Kiko Alonso ILB
This guy can play the run and drop in pass coverage.

5) Xavier Nixon OT
He is athletic enough to play ZBS

Pass rusher to add to rotation

6) Michael Williams TE
TE who can line up and block or catch passes

7) Ray Ray Armstrong S
Im willing to take a flyer on him with a 7th round pick,risk vs reward
i dont like not bringing back Davis, and B Meriweather. I can live with not bringing back Hall (if hes replaced with a starting caliber FA cb and C Griffin) but Davis and Meriweather are special talents that we badly missed last year after they got injured. If these two maintain clean like they have for a while now off the field, i want them back, i know we need them.

The draft I love it except for Xaiver Nixon. He practiced horrible at the senior bowl this week. National Football Post said he looked slow and not quick enough in either the run game or pass pro. He was hyped up as having a zbs build, being athletic and with long arms but so far it hasn't panned out like that. I think he'll be a late round pick at the moment.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-Summary-Eight-Players-Who-Struggled-Most-This-Week.html

Quote:
7. Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida (6054, 311 and 5.50 E): From the first practice it was clear that Nixon was over-matched athletically playing offensive tackle. He could not kick-slide out in time to protect the corner vs speed rushers and lacked the feet and agility to re-direct and adjust to fast pass rush moves back inside. His lack of quickness also hindered his ability to get into good run blocking position and often led to him grabbing and holding his man. Nixon slid inside and played some guard this week and was more effective there, but his struggles to bend knees and block with leverage hindered him there too. Nixon is not going to be a high draft pick, but will likely be selected late because of his size, long arms and experience starting three plus seasons at Florida.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: