Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did great!! I'd be very happy with your draft.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, we really need to address RT
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:

Actually we dont. The progression lies on Tom Compton. Tyler Polumbus played well last year and really held down the spot.

We are not as desperate at RT as we are at S.

But I am not opposed to a RT sitting there and no value for any other position at our 3rd round pick, taking that RT.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Eh, that is just his opinion. If he states that Haslett is looking for a playmaking S, than who better than the one S that actually led the FCS in INT's.

I wouldnt mind Jefferson. At all. I think he is going to be a stud too. But Thomas just intrigues me and I think that he is just scratching the surface of his ceiling.
do you know of Thomas played FS or SS though at Fresno State?

When I read his bio they say he played SS. Some scouts project him as a SS in their analysis and some project him as a FS. I'm a bit miffed on where he will actually play in the NFL.

He played SS at Fresno but I think they ended up having a lot of single high safety packages where Thomas played center field. Thomas has the size of a FS at 6'1, 215. I think that he is elusively quick and he could cover the field.

I believe he could project to FS or SS. So it doesnt really matter in a sense what he played, I feel he can project to either S position.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Actually we dont. The progression lies on Tom Compton. Tyler Polumbus played well last year and really held down the spot.

But I am not opposed to a RT sitting there and no value for any other position at our 3rd round pick, taking that RT.

And Compton played how much last season when we needed a RT? He's a 6th round pick of a reason.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

And Compton played how much last season when we needed a RT? He's a 6th round pick of a reason.
I'd say it depends on who's available. I agree RT is still a need. Polumbus is an ok run blocker but he's still a poor pass blocker. We know nothing about Compton as you said. If they do pass on drafting an offensive tackle in the draft, that's probably an endorsement of how they feel about Compton though.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

I'd say it depends on who's available. I agree RT is still a need. Polumbus is an ok run blocker but he's still a poor pass blocker. We know nothing about Compton as you said. If they do pass on drafting an offensive tackle in the draft, that's probably an endorsement of how they feel about Compton though.

Exactly. While we need secondary help, let's not go full retard. We're an injury away from having Jordan Black/Compton and Tyler Polumbus as our two starting tackles.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

You do realize Tyler Polumbus was rated one of the worst OT's by PFF? He's hardly played well

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

You do realize Tyler Polumbus was rated one of the worst OT's by PFF? He's hardly played well
I read that also. Again. He's average/ok in the run game and horrible in pass pro. If he can be, he needs to be upgraded.

Can we get by for another year or 2 with Polumbus as our starting Rt? Yeah, I think we all know we can.

Do we want him starting for another year or 2? I think everyone's answer has to be A resounding NO!

Especially with RG3 coming off major knee surgery. We need to do a whole lot better at pass protection and our main problem with pass protection along the OL is Polumbus.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Exactly. While we need secondary help, let's not go full retard. We're an injury away from having Jordan Black/Compton and Tyler Polumbus as our two starting tackles.
I still can't believe Jordan Black made our roster last year! Laughing I totally agree man. He didn't draft all secondary players though, Marcus21 mixed it up. I see us taking as many as 3 secondary players in this draft, but we may only draft one Safety. It all depends on if they retain Hall and Meriweather as projected starters next year and who we add in free agency. I think everyone loves what Crawford brought to the table last year as a rookie. Then, word is Chase Minifield is feeling good while rehabbing his knee and it's only been 8 months. If they are confident in Minifield's recovery, with Crawford's development and we sign a CB in free agency to compete with Wilson for the #2 job but who will likely be our nickel cb, then we could not even take a cb in this draft. Then, there is also Cedric Griffin who played better as the season went on before his suspension.

I have no clue what they are going to do at CB but they may do enough in Free Agency and feel comfortable with Minifield's recovery that they don't draft a CB.

lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

While I agree Polumbus struggled mightily using PFF as a source is kind of silly. They also had Winston Justice rated as one of the best tackles in the league this season and Willie Colon was ranked as the 7th best tackle in the league in 08' even though he was flagged 13 times lol. PFF is good for somethings but it is highly flawed as well.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

While I agree Polumbus struggled mightily using PFF as a source is kind of silly. They also had Winston Justice rated as one of the best tackles in the league this season and Willie Colon was ranked as the 7th best tackle in the league in 08' even though he was flagged 13 times lol. PFF is good for somethings but it is highly flawed as well.
i think Winston Justice did have a pretty good season this year and they don't have penalties into their equation, maybe that's something they should do though.

killacam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Umm....wasn't Alfred Morris a late round pick as well??? for a reason??? hmm...that's a closed minded view. hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Johnson T Oklahoma is an interesting prospect in the second. A former QB and TE in junior college. The dude ran a 4.75 at 305 pounds. Looked great at the senior bowl!!!!! That dude has zone blocking written all over him!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Wow Johnson T Oklahoma is an interesting prospect in the second. A former QB and TE in junior college. The dude ran a 4.75 at 305 pounds. Looked great at the senior bowl!!!!! That dude has zone blocking written all over him!!!
definitely. The only reason he would make to us though is because teams don't think he's strong enough for their man blocking schemes. I have a feeling he won't make it to us in round 2 though. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: