Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I realize I have changed this 4 times now, but the more I learn the more I change my mind...so here goes 4.0

2) Tonyy Jefferson FS OKL
3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
4) Travis Kelce TE Cinncinnati
5) Tyrann Mathieu KR/CB/S LSU
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT
7) Ray Ray Armstrong S Miami

I think this is pretty realistic

Would we really want to take on two head cases in the same draft? Does the 2011 Lions draft not give us pause?

Not to mention Ray Ray just isn't very good.
Neither is Marcus Davis.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
I realize I have changed this 4 times now, but the more I learn the more I change my mind...so here goes 4.0

3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT

Would we really want to take on two head cases in the same draft? Does the 2011 Lions draft not give us pause?

Neither is Marcus Davis.

And Tony Jefferson has played himself into a 3rd round to 4th round pick.

Dont know why we would need a TE so high?

I like Webb and Mathieu, but I hate Ray Ray and Marcus Davis had a lot of drops, but his measurables are intriguing.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT

Neither is Marcus Davis.

I honestly felt no need to comment on Davis because I said the same thing about him earlier. He frustrated me as a Hokie fan and I have no interest in him doing the same thing to me as a Redskin fan.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT

Neither is Marcus Davis.

I honestly felt no need to comment on Davis because I said the same thing about him earlier. He frustrated me as a Hokie fan and I have no interest in him doing the same thing to me as a Redskin fan.

And we all ready have a WR on our roster that gives me a heart attack anytime he is wide open looking to catch a pass. Don't need 2.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT

Neither is Marcus Davis.

I like Webb and Mathieu, but I hate Ray Ray and Marcus Davis had a lot of drops, but his measurables are intriguing.
I'm not too high on Ray Ray and Marcus Davis either, but we are talking about guys who have starting talent and we are getting them in round 6 and 7. They are low risk, high reward draft picks. I like it.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

3) Kevin Reddick ILB UNC
5) B.W. Webb CB W&M
6) Marcus Davis WR VT

Neither is Marcus Davis.

I took a TE in the 4th because I fell its our #3 need. I dont think Davis will come back this year, and Paul is just not tat good. Read up on Kelce. I think he would be great value in the 4th...nasty blocker and above average hands. Could use a lil work in route running, but that what TE coaches are for.
I really like freddy, but Achellies injurys take for ever to heal. They are much worse to rehab than knees. I hope Im wrong but I think we go in a different direction to save a lil money.
Marcus Davis could turn into a steal!!!! The kid is big and fast. We really dont know what he can do because Logan Thomas couldnt get the ball near him when he was open. With some coaching he could be good. Anyone taken in the 6th is going to be a project...
Read up on Ray Ray. He has never been in trouble with the law and has no connection to drugs that I know of......He accepted gifts...Some was from his girlfriend.... He went back to Miami and finished his degree. Show matuity to me. Before he got let go by Miami he was being projected in the top half of the draft. For a team starved for FS he could be a stel in the 7th.....Mathieu is a much bigger risk and I got him mocked 2 rounds ahead of Ray Ray.
Tony Jefferson really had one bad game. Yes, Tavon Astin made him look bad, but he made alot of people look bad. Look at his body of work...The only thing I dont like about him is hes a lil small.....TBH I dont care who we take in the spot as long as its a FS.....Thomas, Rambo, Jefferson, Reid, we desperatly need help at that position!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW I found an iteresting little article about Tony Jefferson. Looks like my Mock is gonna change again...LOL

Quote:
The report claimed, through anonymous NFL scouts, that OU coaches have been bashing their former safety for his practice habits and lack of work ethic during his time in Norman.

Im not sure how much stock I put into anonymous quotes, but something to keep an eye on......good article

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2013/01/23/report-tony-jefferson-getting-bashed-by-his-former-ou-coaches/
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
WOW I found an iteresting little article about Tony Jefferson. Looks like my Mock is gonna change again...LOL

Quote:
The report claimed, through anonymous NFL scouts, that OU coaches have been bashing their former safety for his practice habits and lack of work ethic during his time in Norman.

Im not sure how much stock I put into anonymous quotes, but something to keep an eye on......good article

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2013/01/23/report-tony-jefferson-getting-bashed-by-his-former-ou-coaches/

If he had such a poor work ethic and the coaches are willing to go to this length to protect NFL teams from him than why did they continue to start him?
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

Quote:

hmm. That could definitely knock him down a round from late 2nd to 3rd, to the 4th. He could be a steal in round 4

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my last pre-combine Mock 5.0
I got a few surprises for you!!!

2nd D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
3rd Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati
4th Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
5th Duke Williams S Nevada
5th Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
6th Micah Hyde CB Iowa
7th Wes Horton DE/OLB Southern California

Im really dont think Duke Williams would drop that far, but I think this would be a crazy good draft for us.

Fred Davis
Brandon Banks
Santana Moss
Jamal Brown
Madieu Williams
Roy Helu
Kory Lichtenstiger
Chris Wilson
Dejon Gomes
Cedric Griffen
D Hall
Cendric Golston
Tenard Jackson
Will all be cut or not resigned....

FA...
Gosder Cherilos or Phil Loadholt
Keenan Lewis
Cary Williams
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, I'll leave the draft part to others

Marcus21 wrote:
Fred Davis
Brandon Banks
Santana Moss
Jamal Brown
Madieu Williams
Roy Helu
Kory Lichtenstiger
Chris Wilson
Dejon Gomes
Cedric Griffen
D Hall
Cendric Golston
Tenard Jackson

Only surprises on there for me are Helu and Gomes. Why would you cut those two since they're incredibly cheap (and in Gomes' case, at a position that we're already thin at)?

Quote:
FA...
Keenan Lewis
Cary Williams

We might be able to get one of those.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

6th Micah Hyde CB Iowa
1. I think that's too high for Swearinger by a round, possibly two
2. I like Kelce but I don't envision us taking a TE that high, even if Davis is gone

3. Too low for Taylor by a round, maybe two
4. I agree with the rest of the picks, but is think somewhere in there we take an ilb.

Quote:
Fred Davis
Brandon Banks
Santana Moss
Jamal Brown
Madieu Williams
Roy Helu
Kory Lichtenstiger
Chris Wilson
Dejon Gomes
Cedric Griffen
D Hall
Kendric Golston
Tenard Jackson
I'm with woz in that it makes no sense not to bring back Helu and Gomes, they are young and cheap. They will be in camp to battle for a roster spot again. It makes no sense to cut them. I also believe that both Kory L and Golston will be brought back on reasonable contracts as well. I don't think Kory L will be highly sought after by other teams because of his injuries the past two years and he fits will well in the zbs but not man blocking scheme. Golston has been a great redskin, he might not make the team next year but I do believe he'll be back in camp competing for a back up job again.

Quote:
FA...
Keenan Lewis
Cary Williams
everything I've read about Cherilos since someone brought him up the other day leads me to believe he's not a good fit for the zbs, and I know Loadholt won't be. Both are big powerful run blockers built for the man blocking scheme, not for the zbs scheme. I also see no way that the Lions nor Vikings let either of them walk.

I think Keenan Lewis is getable because the Steelers are in one of the worst cap positions in the NFL. They simply can't afford to keep him without cutting several guys. I'd definitely be in favor of cutting Hall and brining in Kennan Lewis who should be cheaper than the 8.3 million we have to pay Hall this year.

Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
As usual, I'll leave the draft part to others

Marcus21 wrote:
Fred Davis
Brandon Banks
Santana Moss
Jamal Brown
Madieu Williams
Roy Helu
Kory Lichtenstiger
Chris Wilson
Dejon Gomes
Cedric Griffen
D Hall
Cendric Golston
Tenard Jackson

Only surprises on there for me are Helu and Gomes. Why would you cut those two since they're incredibly cheap (and in Gomes' case, at a position that we're already thin at)?

Quote:
FA...
Keenan Lewis
Cary Williams

We might be able to get one of those.

From what I hear Helu still cant run or work out....Way to injury prone. I think we draft a back like Taylor that can share reps with Morris and be used more on 3rd down. Morris/"Whay ever back Shanny drafts"/Royster will be our backs in this scenario.
Gomes is pretty horrible against the pass and average against the run. I got Merriweather/Doughty Swearinger/Duke Williams as our safties in this scenario.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

6th Micah Hyde CB Iowa
1. I think that's too high for Swearinger by a round, possibly two
2. I like Kelce but I don't envision us taking a TE that high, even if Davis is gone

3. Too low for Taylor by a round, maybe two
4. I agree with the rest of the picks, but is think somewhere in there we take an ilb.

Quote:
Fred Davis
Brandon Banks
Santana Moss
Jamal Brown
Madieu Williams
Roy Helu
Kory Lichtenstiger
Chris Wilson
Dejon Gomes
Cedric Griffen
D Hall
Kendric Golston
Tenard Jackson
I'm with woz in that it makes no sense not to bring back Helu and Gomes, they are young and cheap. They will be in camp to battle for a roster spot again. It makes no sense to cut them. I also believe that both Kory L and Golston will be brought back on reasonable contracts as well. I don't think Kory L will be highly sought after by other teams because of his injuries the past two years and he fits will well in the zbs but not man blocking scheme. Golston has been a great redskin, he might not make the team next year but I do believe he'll be back in camp competing for a back up job again.

Quote:
FA...
Keenan Lewis
Cary Williams
everything I've read about Cherilos since someone brought him up the other day leads me to believe he's not a good fit for the zbs, and I know Loadholt won't be. Both are big powerful run blockers built for the man blocking scheme, not for the zbs scheme. I also see no way that the Lions nor Vikings let either of them walk.

I think Keenan Lewis is getable because the Steelers are in one of the worst cap positions in the NFL. They simply can't afford to keep him without cutting several guys. I'd definitely be in favor of cutting Hall and brining in Kennan Lewis who should be cheaper than the 8.3 million we have to pay Hall this year.

I have seen alot of Mocks that have Taylor drafted in the 4th...I dont think thats to much of a reach.
Kelce would be great value for us in the 3rd. Prolly the best all around TE in the draft. Not the most flashy, but for what we do he would be perfect.
Swearinger is going to be a great FS in the NFL, and I see him going ahead of Thomas, McDonald, Cyprien, Jefferson, and Rambo. Hopefully to us. I like Thomas, but I read he really struggled when he went up against better competition....The Oregon game.... Vacarro, Reid, and Elam will be gone before we pick, so we take the best FS left!!

Polumbus was great in the zone blocking scheme....terrible in pass protection. Loadholt and Cherilos are great in pass protection. Cherilos is the best RT in the game at pass protection. I would sacrifice one for the other

I would be fine to let Polumbus and Compton fight out the RT position in camp, and sign 2 corners in FA (Keenan Lewis and Cary Williams) Most of you guys think RT is a huge need so I adressed it....
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepfan Taylor is an every down back and in our system that is not something we need since we all ready have one.

Look for a transition back like Barner, Ellington, etc. Guys that can be motioned out to a slot position.

Besides I think the Falcons are going to go for him or Eddie Lacy in the draft. And dont count the Broncos, Dolphins or Jets from snagging up a guy like him. With the success of Morris, I dont see the Skins wasting a 4th round pick on Taylor when there could be a RT, ILB, or another CB out there.

2 S's huh?

Well I can tell you that Swearinger needs a bit of work. He is not a 2nd rounder and even after the combine, he may, may move up to the 3rd.

If any 2nd round S to look at and like is Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, or David Amerson. Tony Jefferson has been on a slide as of late because of his play at the Senior Bowl. The same thing happened to Robert Lester.

I am still not sold on a TE so high in the draft, especially if we sign Fred Davis. We had Cooley and didnt use him, and cut him before the season started, and Cooley was an all pro TE.

Ace Sanders is an interesting prospect.

Micah Hyde I like, but is a project.

Don't know much about Wes Horton.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: