Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My try at a skins only Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
When Devin Hester was at the U, he was a corner....Im pretty sure people thought he was the second comming of Deion Sanders. He switched to wide out by the Bears because they were horrible at that position. That is a very different set of circumstances then Denard Robinson....

Yeah, Denard Robinson is not that good as a WR and needs a LOT of work. If he cannot field punts, how is he going to be a KR/PR.

I think this discussion is going in circles and there is really no validity that says that Robinson is going to amount to anything. He didnt look good at the position he is looking to get drafted at and he was not the best QB either. He is a good athlete overall, but not for any one particular position in the NFL.

And Yes, Hester was a CB in college. He had speed. So the Bears thought, hey, lets get him on offense. And well, that didnt work out so well.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
i totally get what you are saying but we are talking about a 7th round pick. Almost all 7 round picks don't play a down in the NFL. So why not take a chance on a punter who may have pro bowl talent in the 7th round?

Sure, we could take a position player but most likely that player won't make the team.

I'm a bit surprised to see this coming from a fan of a team that has seen Rob Jackson, Maurice Hurt, and Richard Crawford become valuable role guys.

We've actually done quite well for ourselves finding gems in the seventh relative to the NFL as a whole.
Chris Neild also. Lets see here though, out of the last 5 drafts we've had what 8 or 9 7th round picks. We've had 4 guys turn into role players a good percentage no doubt, 50%, but you're telling me you wouldn't take a chance on a rookie punter?

You'd rather pay a veteran punter 2 or 3 times as much money as a rookie punter would make and that veteran is older and doesn't have possibly a 15 to 20 year career in front of him?

Come on guys work with me here. Wink

We are talking about one late round draft pick on a punter. It's worth it. d'oh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
i totally get what you are saying but we are talking about a 7th round pick. Almost all 7 round picks don't play a down in the NFL. So why not take a chance on a punter who may have pro bowl talent in the 7th round?

Sure, we could take a position player but most likely that player won't make the team.

I'm a bit surprised to see this coming from a fan of a team that has seen Rob Jackson, Maurice Hurt, and Richard Crawford become valuable role guys.

We've actually done quite well for ourselves finding gems in the seventh relative to the NFL as a whole.
Chris Neild also. Lets see here though, out of the last 5 drafts we've had what 8 or 9 7th round picks. We've had 4 guys turn into role players a good percentage no doubt, 50%, but you're telling me you wouldn't take a chance on a rookie punter?

You'd rather pay a veteran punter 2 or 3 times as much money as a rookie punter would make and that veteran is older and doesn't have possibly a 15 to 20 year career in front of him?

We are talking about one late round draft pick on a punter. It's worth it. d'oh!

I dont think it is. There is not a lot that has to be evaluated at their position, so I am not inclined to agree they should be drafted.

For Kicker's and Punters its usually pretty simple:

Kick.
Ball.
Far.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I dont think it is. There is not a lot that has to be evaluated at their position, so I am not inclined to agree they should be drafted.

For Kicker's and Punters its usually pretty simple:

Kick.
Ball.
Far.
yes, kick ball far.... And be accurate! It's a special skill that not everyone can do. They are very, very important to teams and often times how they perform determines wins or losses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesnt sway me to say they should be drafted. Its the only thing they do day in and day out. So I would hope for them to be accurate when you have that much time to practice.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Still doesnt sway me to say they should be drafted. Its the only thing they do day in and day out. So I would hope for them to be accurate when you have that much time to practice.
not even for a million less on the redskins cap?
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

rookie udfa kickers would be way less than drafting one.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Just like the LS position. I think that C's should be able to long snap, and they used to some time ago, but teams wanted to go to a smaller frame guy like a TE since defenders are not allowed to line up over the LS.

You want smaller guys at Long Snapper because they have to actually run down the field and be a pursuit player. Having a 300 pound Center doing that is not a good idea.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

rookie udfa kickers would be way less than drafting one.
sure, so would any positional player... Geeze! Shocked Rolling Eyes
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Just like the LS position. I think that C's should be able to long snap, and they used to some time ago, but teams wanted to go to a smaller frame guy like a TE since defenders are not allowed to line up over the LS.

You want smaller guys at Long Snapper because they have to actually run down the field to chase those pursuers. Having a 300 pound Center doing that is not a good idea.
exactly. A LS has to be in good shape because he's part of the punt coverage. They are more the size of Lbs or DEs, not offensive lineman
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Incidentally, while this has nothing to do with the thread, I think Sundberg does a pretty good job of getting down the field. He's not a slow Long Snapper at all.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^Incidentally, while this has nothing to do with the thread, I think Sundberg does a pretty good job of getting down the field. He's not a slow Long Snapper at all.
he definitely does
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
When Devin Hester was at the U, he was a corner....Im pretty sure people thought he was the second comming of Deion Sanders. He switched to wide out by the Bears because they were horrible at that position. That is a very different set of circumstances then Denard Robinson....

Devin Hester was a decent corner/slash wide receiver in college who was an amazing kick returner. The Bears picked him for that reason.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Devin Hester was a decent corner/slash wide receiver in college who was an amazing kick returner. The Bears picked him for that reason.

And they tried to convert him to WR, which is what he plays now. He at least had some WR experience in college, unlike Robinson who is going to be learning the route tree and a whole myriad of components into becoming a WR.

Hester at least had some coaching from Isaac Bruce to become a better WR. Robinson is going off of pure instinct. Again, just dont see him being a productive addition to what he have all ready.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Mike23. Why take in a project like Denard? Maybe he'll work out and be a solid return man and 3/4 wr in the NFL. It's not a given though.

If you are asking me and its between keeping Dez Briscoe vs drafting another WR late in the draft to take his spot? at the moment I'm keeping Dez Briscoe. Briscoe has talent and has proven he can be a reliable wr in the NFL.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: