Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mayock: Fisher Could Battle Joeckel To Be 1st OT Taken
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Mayock: Fisher Could Battle Joeckel To Be 1st OT Taken Reply with quote

Just on the broadcast of the Senior Bowl, word for word from one of the best NFL Draft analysts in the business.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did look really strong in a couple of the clips I saw yesterday. They're saying his lower body is damn near elite right now.

Hey, his stock goes up, it only helps us one way or another. Either one of the two big boys is there at 7 or someone else falls.

Warmack, Fisher Joeckel are all worthy at 7.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not of the belief that 2 Senior Bowl practices all of a sudden jumps a guy I had pegged for the end of round 1 pre-Taylor Lewan to what is potentially the top 3.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the combine comes around and Joeckel blows it up it wont matter anymore.

Still believe he will take a QB with his first pick. Just a feeling nothing to go off of.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen a lot of Joeckel but people are saying he's overrated. I think both are franchise tackles. Fisher probably has a higher ceiling because of his frame but if Joeckel stayed his senior season he would've dominated. Again we're guaranteed 1 of the Big 3 lineman so it's all good.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I haven't seen a lot of Joeckel but people are saying he's overrated. I think both are franchise tackles. Fisher probably has a higher ceiling because of his frame but if Joeckel stayed his senior season he would've dominated. Again we're guaranteed 1 of the Big 3 lineman so it's all good.

Joeckel is said to rival Joe Thomas as the best OT prospect of the past 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I'm not of the belief that 2 Senior Bowl practices all of a sudden jumps a guy I had pegged for the end of round 1 pre-Taylor Lewan to what is potentially the top 3.

Which basically just means you along with a lot of other people didn't correctly evaluate him.

If scouts think he looks better than Joeckel two days in, than clearly this guy was rated a lot higher than everyone thought on actual teams boards. This guy may have been a borderline top 10 guy the whole time, though with the other OTs returning he's been elevated a bit
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

I trust Mayock. Said this kid came into practice with a monster chip because he's at a smaller football school.

I love that. Remind me of Ryan Clady (when Boise was just entering national recognition.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Which basically just means you along with a lot of other people didn't correctly evaluate him.

If scouts think he looks better than Joeckel two days in, than clearly this guy was rated a lot higher than everyone thought on actual teams boards. This guy may have been a borderline top 10 guy the whole time, though with the other OTs returning he's been elevated a bit

Or clearly scouts are overreacting to a limited sample size which would be, oh I don't know, about the 1000000th occurence.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the myth that people jump up this time of year continues to be perpetuated.

I love Fisher, I have always touted him as a top 15 guy, I don't think he challenges Joeckel.

It is not the fact that the last two days of practice have elevated Fisher, it is just that he has not been seen by any of the mass media because he plays at Central Michigan and they are only now just seeing what he can do.

If you read Optimum Scoutings preview for the North Squad he mentions Joeckel and Fisher could end up in a battle for the #1 tackle spot.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I love how the myth that people jump up this time of year continues to be perpetuated.

I love Fisher, I have always touted him as a top 15 guy, I don't think he challenges Joeckel.

It is not the fact that the last two days of practice have elevated Fisher, it is just that he has not been seen by any of the mass media because he plays at Central Michigan and they are only now just seeing what he can do.

If you read Optimum Scoutings preview for the North Squad he mentions Joeckel and Fisher could end up in a battle for the #1 tackle spot.

Bolded: Hm, I don't understand this as it seems to directly contradicts itself. If they're "now just seeing what he can do" then they very much are making an opinion on simply 2 practices.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Or clearly scouts are overreacting to a limited sample size which would be, oh I don't know, about the 1000000th occurence.

But that is not the case, most scouts have not moved Fisher up or down their board in the past two days. You will have seen one of two reactions;

1 - This is what I have seen on tape all year, already had him as a top 10 guy
2 - Never saw this on tape, the tape does not like back end of the first guy.

Don't confuse Mayock for a scout, he is a media member, he is pushing hype on a guy who the major media have ignored to this point.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Me neither but the issue with Fisher was lack of experience against top level competition which he didn't face much at CMU and that's why at least my grade for him was lowered. Now that he's dominating the Senior Bowl, it's hard to find faults in his play. Not top 3 yet though. He'd have to blow up the combine to have a chance at that.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Not top 3 yet though. He'd have to blow up the combine to have a chance at that.

What exactly are you going to see at the combine that is going to be able to change your grade on an Offensive Tackle??

apollo14000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
Not top 3 yet though. He'd have to blow up the combine to have a chance at that.

What exactly are you going to see at the combine that is going to be able to change your grade on an Offensive Tackle??

I'm not changing my grade. He's a top 10-15 talent to me. Just saying a great combine performance could make him a top 3 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: