Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglymph04

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: 2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft Reply with quote

2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft

- Brent Grimes, CB, Falcons. Age: 30.
Brent Grimes is coming off a torn Achilles' tendon. He'll be 30 in July, so it'll be tough for him to bounce back.

-E.J. Biggers, CB, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
E.J. Biggers took over for a suspended Aqib Talib in Week 6 and played surprisingly well in coverage. He's a liability in run support, however.

- Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions. Age: 26.
Sammie Lee Hill could start for some teams, as he does a decent job of pressuring the quarterback. He just hasn't had much of a chance in Detroit because he's been behind Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and Corey Williams on the depth chart.

-Glenn Dorsey, DT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
Glenn Dorsey is a bust as the fifth-overall selection in 2008. He can stop the run when healthy, so he's serviceable in that regard. I'd also like to see what he can do in a 4-3, a system more suited toward his strengths.

- Roy Miller, DT, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
Roy Miller doesn't offer anything as a pass-rusher, but he's a primary reason why the Buccaneers had one of the league's top run defenses in 2012.

-Phil Loadholt, OT, Vikings. Age: 27.
Phil Loadholt was one of the most penalized linemen in the NFL this past season (11 penalties), but he made up for it with his powerful run-blocking and sound pass protection. Our O-Line coach can fix the penalty situation.

-Martellus Bennett, TE, Giants. Age: 26.
Martellus Bennett was solid all around for the Giants in terms of receiving and blocking. He proved that he can be a quality starting tight end in the NFL, so he'll be rewarded accordingly.

-Michael Bennett, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 27.
One of the more underrated players in the NFL, Michael Bennett is a solid pass-rusher and a premier run-defender. He plays all three downs and deserves a big contract.

-Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25
If he get release due to redskins salary cap situation bucs should pick him up

- Rob Turner, C/G/OT, Rams. Age: 29.
Rob Turner had a decent 2012 campaign for the Rams. He played center and guard, and he's capable of lining up at right tackle as well.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB, Xavier Rhodes,Florida State
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – WR,KR,PR Tavon, Austin, WVU
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – FS Phillip Thomas, Fresno State
108. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -LB Gerald Hodges, Penn State
122. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- (via New England Patriots)- DE Michael Buchanan, Illinois
139. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
170. Tampa- FB,RB Lonnie Pryor, Florida State

Feel free to comment!!!! Hope everyone enjoy!!!
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best overall off-seasons I've seen that was somewhat realistic too.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid. Id change out Grimes for DRC though. Younger, no big injuries, smaller contract, still a little upside. Really like the Dorsey and Bennett brothers pick ups / resign. McCoy, Miller, and Dorsey will be a solid DT rotation. Also, I like how you didnt cut Wright. Yes, he will most likely get restructured but I doubt he hits the market. Kid made an Adderall mistake. Its not like he pistol whipped someone. DRC, Rhodes, Wright, Biggers, Johnson would be an outstanding CB group.

As far as the draft goes I like how you drafted us Rhodes. People are going crazy on Millner and Id love to have him but I just dont think its gonna happen. Few CBs have #1 potential in this draft and Millner is the closest one to a sure thing so his value will rise more than it should. Honestly, I really like Rhodes and think he has the most upside of anyone. I like the pick.

I really like Tavon Austin too and could see us drafting him due to opening up the slot and becoming a dynamic kick and punt returner. But when it comes down to it I dont think we want Quincy Black for $6 mil. this year and unless he renegotiates and is recovered from his injury, I dont see him back. So we have a SLB gap. I like the idea of drafting Khaseem Greene. Schiano recruited him and with him Foster and David we would have one nasty LB group. Still torn on this pick though. Really it just depends on what we do with Black. But you really cant go wrong with either player, Austin or Greene.

Lastly, I like the Lattimore pickup. However, this dude was on pace to be the next NFL Pro Bowl back until his horrific injury. If he is able to come back I dont want Martin's backup to be a guy that should be earning pro bowls. You know what I mean. We need a guy that is content with being a backup RB and the best backup RB to Martin that he could be. Not a guy that wants to spread his wings.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could get Lattimore that late. I doubt he lasts that long though.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
bglymph04

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Solid. Id change out Grimes for DRC though. Younger, no big injuries, smaller contract, still a little upside. Really like the Dorsey and Bennett brothers pick ups / resign. McCoy, Miller, and Dorsey will be a solid DT rotation. Also, I like how you didnt cut Wright. Yes, he will most likely get restructured but I doubt he hits the market. Kid made an Adderall mistake. Its not like he pistol whipped someone. DRC, Rhodes, Wright, Biggers, Johnson would be an outstanding CB group.

As far as the draft goes I like how you drafted us Rhodes. People are going crazy on Millner and Id love to have him but I just dont think its gonna happen. Few CBs have #1 potential in this draft and Millner is the closest one to a sure thing so his value will rise more than it should. Honestly, I really like Rhodes and think he has the most upside of anyone. I like the pick.

I really like Tavon Austin too and could see us drafting him due to opening up the slot and becoming a dynamic kick and punt returner. But when it comes down to it I dont think we want Quincy Black for $6 mil. this year and unless he renegotiates and is recovered from his injury, I dont see him back. So we have a SLB gap. I like the idea of drafting Khaseem Greene. Schiano recruited him and with him Foster and David we would have one nasty LB group. Still torn on this pick though. Really it just depends on what we do with Black. But you really cant go wrong with either player, Austin or Greene.

Lastly, I like the Lattimore pickup. However, this dude was on pace to be the next NFL Pro Bowl back until his horrific injury. If he is able to come back I dont want Martin's backup to be a guy that should be earning pro bowls. You know what I mean. We need a guy that is content with being a backup RB and the best backup RB to Martin that he could be. Not a guy that wants to spread his wings.

Lil' Shorty that sounds like a good plan but I think I will stay with Brent Grimes due to the fact he would come cheaper than DRC. We can get Brent for a prove that you are healthy deal and if he play like he did before he got hurt we will definitely get a steal. Yes McCoy, Miller, and Dorsey will be a solid DT rotation but I also added Sammie Lee Hill in that rotation. No, I didn't cut Wright but he must restructure his deal along with Gerald McCoy to free up some more money. My projection group is Grimes, Rhodes, Wright, Biggers, and Johnson.

I also believe Milliner will be gone but Rhodes is physical player and Greg Shiano likes that.I read in another article a while back that Xavier Rhodes used to be a WR that converted over to conerback.

I really like Tavon Austin I think he will be a dynamic player just have to keep an eye his touches so he can last throughout the season. He will be the playmaker that we need on offense and special teams. I am not sure if Quincy is coming back but if he do they definitely have to restructure his deal. I like Khaseem also but I really think Gerald Hodges is alot better in coverage than him and he is a better tackler to me than Khaseem Greene.

Yes he was on the way to pro bowl back but his knee is messed up and it will take time for that to fully heal unless he is Adrian Peterson. I know he wont be content with being a backup but Lonnie Pryor is and we can trade Lattimore later down the road. I think Lonnie Pryor will be a great player in the NFL and is a sleeper.
Evil Betty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You copied and pasted Walterfootball's free agent descriptions? Really?

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents.php
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Betty wrote:
You copied and pasted Walterfootball's free agent descriptions? Really?

http://www.walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

Haha I saw that too last night and I thought they'd look familiar.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since more than half of this mock draft is seemingly copyrighted material I'm going to lock this up.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2149

Webmaster wrote:
You are not allowed to reproduce copyrighted content. If I see people repeatedly doing this they will get banned from these forums. You may discuss other websites’ content, but you may not post that content here word for word. For example; you may post a topic saying I hear Kiper has Alex Smith going number one to SF, what are your thoughts? YOU MAY NOT post Kiper’s complete mock draft.

In general here are the guidelines when discussing articles from other websites.

1. Preferred method is to just link to the article.

2. Quoting from free public articles is allowed provided its not more then a sentence or two and a link is provided to the source.

3. No quoting and no paraphrasing is allowed from articles that are part of any websites paid content or member only content.

4. Never copy and paste a complete article to the forums.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: