Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Rookie Review: Hanna, Coale, Wilber + More UP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Ronald Leary, OG

Lance Dunbar, RB

Ben Bass, DL

Cole Beasley, WR

Caleb McSurdy, LB

None of these guys are special.

The gm loves Leary. I hope he doesn't let that cloud his view come draft time.

Yes, I am sure the rest of the Staff thinks Leary is garbage but only the GM loves him, nice insight there

Where did I say they think he is garbage ? The water in Flower Mound must be vitamin deficient.

My, I assumed you were saying only our GM loved him, I'm sure the rest of the staff were in agreement, That's why he was activated so the Raiders wouldn't take him off the practice squad. Nothing wrong with the water in FM and I take vitamins so not sure what you meant by the last comment,
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/mel-kiper-other-than-morris-claiborne-cowboys-didnt-get-much-from-2012-draft.html/

Kiper downgraded our 2012 draft from a C+ to a C. Basically, we got nothing but Mo. He also states that we have done well with our 2nd round picks like Lee and Carter, so the move up to get Mo is somewhat questionable.

I don't get reevaluating a draft after only 1 year. If we go by that standard, 1 year after we drafted each Lee and Carter, we got nothing out of them. What terrible draft picks. I think the first year is for learning. The second they should be up to speed, and becoming a contributor. The third, they should be what they are gonna be.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/01/mel-kiper-other-than-morris-claiborne-cowboys-didnt-get-much-from-2012-draft.html/

Kiper downgraded our 2012 draft from a C+ to a C. Basically, we got nothing but Mo. He also states that we have done well with our 2nd round picks like Lee and Carter, so the move up to get Mo is somewhat questionable.

I don't get reevaluating a draft after only 1 year. If we go by that standard, 1 year after we drafted each Lee and Carter, we got nothing out of them. What terrible draft picks. I think the first year is for learning. The second they should be up to speed, and becoming a contributor. The third, they should be what they are gonna be.

Yeah...don't understand evaluating a draft class after a single season. Not really fair.

^^^Deadpulse
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:

This. I'd read a re-grading of the 09 or 10 draft. 11? 12? Please

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

One word is needed to describe the 2009 draft.

Abomination.

^^^Deadpulse
matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

One word is needed to describe the 2009 draft.

Abomination.

Haha I meant for the entire league. I've got my opinions on how Dallas did. Although I suppose the 09 draft on the whole was a rather weak one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:

Regrading the 09 draft. F to F-. Only because we don't use Z as a grade.
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Ronald Leary, OG

Lance Dunbar, RB

Ben Bass, DL

Cole Beasley, WR

Caleb McSurdy, LB

None of these guys are special.

The gm loves Leary. I hope he doesn't let that cloud his view come draft time.

I don't know if Jerry loves Leary but didn't he hand over a very large signng bonus for him? Something like $300K? That's where the love comes from. Give him that much money and the kid is going to stick around at least through 2013 training camp and exhibition schedule.

I agree that I hope the unknown ability of Leary does not preclude us from drafting a G.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: