Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Ryan Fitzpatrick Reply with quote

Fitz has a huge contract and there are rumblings that he could possibly be released due to a new coach and inconsistencies. I know we have a second year QB about the same age as him. I would be interested in taking a look at him and have him push Weeden in the offseason. Anyone else have any feelings on possibly taking a look at him if he becomes available?
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooooo
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea why don't we also bring in Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, and Daunte Culpepper to have a real open competition?

Worst idea ever.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my top 2 FA QB's would be Alex Smith (if released) & Matt Moore

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Yea why don't we also bring in Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, and Daunte Culpepper to have a real open competition?

Worst idea ever.

It is not the worst idea ever in all seriousness.
It isn't a good one...But I didn't see Tim Tebow, Derek Anderson Matt Castle or Brady Quinn mentioned anywhere.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Worst idea ever.

It isn't a good one...But I didn't see Tim Tebow, Derek Anderson Matt Castle or Brady Quinn mentioned anywhere.

Who is matt castle?

malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Worst idea ever.

Who is matt castle?

Crappy alter ego of matt cassel.
Thanks for getting hung up over that though.
cortes02

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of Weeden but give the man one more year to see what he can do. If he doesn't do well then get your next QB high in the draft. I do not want the Browns to bring in any new QB's to make the QB situation any more confusing.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
I am not a big fan of Weeden but give the man one more year to see what he can do. If he doesn't do well then get your next QB high in the draft. I do not want the Browns to bring in any new QB's to make the QB situation any more confusing.

Peace!!

yeah but you also shouldnt stick the new staff with a QB they dont like.

It be great to see what Weeden can do but if the Coaching staff doesnt like him than they should be allowed to get a QB they like for at least a year.

I actually could live with Smith. Has experience with Norv. We prolly could get him for 3years and draft a QB next year and have him wait behind Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Worst idea ever.

Who is matt castle?

Crappy alter ego of matt cassel.
Thanks for getting hung up over that though.

Not hung up over anything,

Just didn't know if it was an even crappier qb than Matt Cassel that I didn't know about Wink

Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:

Peace!!

It be great to see what Weeden can do but if the Coaching staff doesnt like him than they should be allowed to get a QB they like for at least a year.

I actually could live with Smith. Has experience with Norv. We prolly could get him for 3years and draft a QB next year and have him wait behind Smith

Yes, I think Weeden will get better in Chud's offense, but my opinion doesn't matter. It's all about who these guys like and I'll just need to see what they can do.

I could live with Smith too, I just wonder what we need to do to get him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
buno67 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:

Peace!!

Yes, I think Weeden will get better in Chud's offense, but my opinion doesn't matter. It's all about who these guys like and I'll just need to see what they can do.

I really want to see what Weeden could do in Chud/Norvs system...

Well I know Smith will get $7.5million guaranteed money if he is on the roster past 04/01/13. IMO I see the 49ers possibly cutting him before that date to save some money so the Browns could pick him up. He could want to come to Cleveland since it be one of few teams with a (possible) need at QB and he will know his OC and has the best pass blocking LT in the game blocking his blindside. I cant see a team trading for him because they can all honestly see him being cut. The 9ers could find a back up for cheaper in FA or the draft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Entropy wrote:
buno67 wrote:
cortes02 wrote:

Peace!!

I really want to see what Weeden could do in Chud/Norvs system...

Well I know Smith will get $7.5million guaranteed money if he is on the roster past 04/01/13. IMO I see the 49ers possibly cutting him before that date to save some money so the Browns could pick him up. He could want to come to Cleveland since it be one of few teams with a (possible) need at QB and he will know his OC and has the best pass blocking LT in the game blocking his blindside. I cant see a team trading for him because they can all honestly see him being cut. The 9ers could find a back up for cheaper in FA or the draft

Yea thats what i'm hoping for.

brownsfan214

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this in all honesty, I would MUCH rather bring in Jamarcus Russell during training camp than have Fitz. Russell is making a comback, down to 308 pounds now. GO JRUSSEL!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamarcus Russell should be blacklisted from the league

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: