Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gregg Williams free to pursue NFL coaching jobs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chamilitary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope he goes to the eagles so they won't take donatell from the niners.
anteros77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
The guy was a bad/average at best defensive coordinator before the bountygate scandal.

And you based that on what? Saints defense? A defense that just set the record of yards given up in an entire season?

I don't see him getting work this season. I just checked Wikipedia... He's only 54 Shocked He can get back in the game in a few years.
Saints defense while he was DC wasn't very good, other than 2009 getting turnovers.

It wasn't great...but it did improve dramatically under Williams and regress dramatically when he left and Spags came in.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anteros77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
The guy was a bad/average at best defensive coordinator before the bountygate scandal.

And you based that on what? Saints defense? A defense that just set the record of yards given up in an entire season?

I don't see him getting work this season. I just checked Wikipedia... He's only 54 Shocked He can get back in the game in a few years.
Saints defense while he was DC wasn't very good, other than 2009 getting turnovers.

It wasn't great...but it did improve dramatically under Williams and regress dramatically when he left and Spags came in.

Weren't they also without Vilma and a few others for most of the season?
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anteros77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Williams was an average at best DC. Every Saints fan wanted him gone, and he was fired after losing that 49ers game.

The defense regressed when Spags came, but that doesn't automatically make Williams a good DC. The guy only knows how to blitz, and when it's not working he has zero ability to make any adjustments.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
anteros77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Weren't they also without Vilma and a few others for most of the season?

Entirely new LB corps, new defensive scheme, missing 2 of our defensive captains, and our defensive QB in Vilma. Not to mention our #1 WLB was out the entire season, as well as most of our CB depth.

Somehow all of this info makes Williams a good DC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
anteros77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Williams was an average at best DC. Every Saints fan wanted him gone, and he was fired after losing that 49ers game.

The defense regressed when Spags came, but that doesn't automatically make Williams a good DC. The guy only knows how to blitz, and when it's not working he has zero ability to make any adjustments.

Eh. We all wanted him gone but I think we were all wrong. He had zero talent and he still managed to put together an average defense, he can turn a good defense into an elite one.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
According to the Saints players and fans, there was NO BOUNTY Gate, so why shouldn't Williams simply be allowed to come back and coach somewhere??? Every one is now clean shaven.. why should be pick on Williams?

Huh? There was a bounty gate. It's common knowledge.

I hate the Jaguars
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
anteros77 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Eh. We all wanted him gone but I think we were all wrong. He had zero talent and he still managed to put together an average defense, he can turn a good defense into an elite one.

The Saints have talent. They need a coach who can get the most out of that talent.

Spags and Williams haven't been able to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet he has a bounty out on coaches so he can get a job

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubt he gets a job this year, but wouldn't surprise me if he gets hired next year.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Highly doubt he gets a job this year, but wouldn't surprise me if he gets hired next year.

I could see him getting a 1/2 year "prove it" contract this season if a DC is fired halfway through the season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Interesting, I was thinking he may be barred from the NFL for good. Given the fact he's been an outstanding defensive coordinator, I'm thinking someone will give him a call if not this year then next... despite his level of involvement in Bountygate.
He really needs to go to college, the UFL, or the CFL for a year first and get a job removed from bountygate. Until then, I can't think any owner wants to bring that in house.
I agree.

He should try to get a DC job at a good school right now and work his way up to a college HC. Heck, if he starts winning or bringing the program success, you know NFL owners would be calling him up for a job. The NFL is going crazy for colleges coaches nowadays.

[]_[] Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: