Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree has a history of substance use. Suspended four games earlier this year due to drug use.

Seems like he is continuing to make bad decisions.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree had character concerns coming into the process so it's not surprising. Should make him available at 23 if the organization leaves him on their boards.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Ogletree has a history of substance use. Suspended four games earlier this year due to drug use.

So who is the top linebacker on the Vikings board now? Minter or Brown?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is probably the better fit; they are meeting with Te'o at the combine as well.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree could be available is round 3 now. With his character concerns, plus this, it will be hard for him to get drafted early.

He will probably be off a lot of team's boards, probably even Spielman's.

There is a difference between Felton (cheap free agent with no history vs rookie with a history and early draft pick). Spielman looked the other way with Felton, but he will probably avoid Ogletree now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Brown is probably the better fit; they are meeting with Te'o at the combine as well.

Yep, Brown should be the best LB in round one to look at. Id throw in Khaseem Greene and Gerald Hodges in as round two LBs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Who wouldn't want to meet with Te'o at the combine? I would like to know all the details of that whole "relationship" and the teams will attempt to perceive a blatant lie or the naive truth.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I really think we will be major players for Manti Te'o. We have great camaraderie in our locker room, I don't think his scandal would be a big deal to them as long as he brings it on Sunday. Plus Manti is far and away the most complete linebacker in the draft. He isn't great in coverage but he is serviceable. Certainly better than anyone we've had back there in awhile and I have no concerns with him defending the run. Would be a solid pick for us.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree was arrested his freshman year for theft as well, suspended for 1 game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Thanatos wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I really think we will be major players for Manti Te'o. We have great camaraderie in our locker room, I don't think his scandal would be a big deal to them as long as he brings it on Sunday. Plus Manti is far and away the most complete linebacker in the draft. He isn't great in coverage but he is serviceable. Certainly better than anyone we've had back there in awhile and I have no concerns with him defending the run. Would be a solid pick for us.

We've had enough of "serviceable in coverage." We need somebody who is good at covering if the Tampa 2 is going to work successfully. I've had enough of the Vikings getting burned in the middle of the field because the MLB blows their coverage. The Vikings might have great camaraderie in the locker room but it takes one person to get mad at him and then the whole scandal is brought back up again. I hope our front office goes nowhere near him despite having a Notre Dame fetish.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, we finally need to address the MLB spot for good and grab a supremely athletic MLB who excels in getting down field. Even if that player is a slight liability against the run. Ogletree is perfect for us but this arrest probably has him completely off the big board. Getting T'eo would be be basically like adding another E.J. Henderson in my opinion. Great run defender, good player in short area coverage but dreadful getting 15 yards down field to defend the "alley".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are too harsh on Manti. A lot of false opinions have been forced due to his Bowl game performance and the scandal. Te'o is much better than Brinkley and Henderson in coverage. Even before this year. A lot of Te'o's ( Question ) INT's were flukes but watching Te'o he is more than capable of covering a zone, although he will struggle with TE's one on one which is a problem around the entire NFL.

It's rare to find a guy who can both cover and attack the backfield. Guys like Ogletree and Arthur Brown do possess great coverage ability; but they are lacking in run support, especially if you want to put them in the middle of an NFL defense. With the way our tackles played last year adding a Ogletree or Brown would be a mistake as they both struggle to fight off blocks. Te'o's coverage ability is overblown around these parts.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
-I am told Keenan Allen/WR/Cal has not looked anything special in combine training nor has he separated himself from the almost dozen wide outs he’s working out with in Florida. Its not that Allen has been bad rather he does not show the “wow” factor you want to see in a potential top twelve pick.

I wonder how much his knee injury is impacting this, and whether or not teams will give him the benefit of the doubt because of it or whether it will knock him down in evaluations.

Never been highly impressed by Allen but he is talented and productive. I've compared him to Miles Austin before and I still find it to be a good comparison. Despite his size, Allen isn't a good jump ball receiver and he isn't very physical. However, he is dangerous with the ball in his hands and is underrated as a vertical player. Allen would best served landing in a WCO where he can get the ball quickly and turn up field.

Allen IMO, is still a bit raw as well. He was recruited by Cal as a five star Safety and was widely expected to play there in college before ultimately choosing to play offense. He has limited upside but I think his floor his higher than anyone else in the class.

Good Luck Chris Cook.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Allen a lot as a good fit with the Vikings offense. If he falls to pick 23, I wouldnt be upset with the selection. He might not have some of the pure raw potential that Cordarrelle Patterson and Terrance Williams possess, which could push him down the board as the #3 or #4 WR.

Based on potential, id probably rank Patterson and Williams as #1 and #2 respectively.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I agree, we finally need to address the MLB spot for good and grab a supremely athletic MLB who excels in getting down field. Even if that player is a slight liability against the run. Ogletree is perfect for us but this arrest probably has him completely off the big board. Getting T'eo would be be basically like adding another E.J. Henderson in my opinion. Great run defender, good player in short area coverage but dreadful getting 15 yards down field to defend the "alley".

Actually from everything I've read and seen on Arthur Brown he is very solid against the run...the only knock on him is his size, but it's never really held him back in terms of shedding blocks or anything and he has the frame to add another 10 pounds if he needs to. In case you can't tell I would love to have him on this team; he is my #1 mancrush at the moment.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100

Jump to: