Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Lots of corners showing stuff this week.

If we want to go with CB in the second we should have some good options.

This Trufant kid is looking like a stud. I love how competitive he's been this week, not backing down from anyone.

I love Trufant's swagger. It probably turns some people off but I think that it's great he goes out there and wants to compete at that high of a level without backing down. He has problems getting beat deep but he could be a nice CB #2 who receives safety help over the top against speedsters.

He's a good fit for the defense.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was looking around on DraftNasty (Corey Chavous' site). Not sure how legit they are, but by their grading scale, Alec Ogeltree got a 3rd round grade.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman is up to talk about the Senior Bowl on NFL Network next. He's likely not going to spill too many beans but it will be nice to hear him talk about this class.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
Spielman is up to talk about the Senior Bowl on NFL Network next. He's likely not going to spill too many beans but it will be nice to hear him talk about this class.

Aww shoot I shut it off before this. What'd he say?
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Was looking around on DraftNasty (Corey Chavous' site). Not sure how legit they are, but by their grading scale, Alec Ogeltree got a 3rd round grade.

Take it with a grain of salt. Chavous also had Reiff rated higher than Kalil, and Kirkpatrick as the best prospect in the draft IIRC from an interview with PA last year.

I think for an up and coming draft site, trying to gain steam, the best way to really get rep is too be a little "out there" with projections, to think outside the box and outside of the norm.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Take it with a grain of salt. Chavous also had Reiff rated higher than Kalil, and Kirkpatrick as the best prospect in the draft IIRC from an interview with PA last year.

I think for an up and coming draft site, trying to gain steam, the best way to really get rep is too be a little "out there" with projections, to think outside the box and outside of the norm.

Site launched in 2010 I think. I honestly wonder how many people visit the site.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
Chavous also had Reiff rated higher than Kalil, and Kirkpatrick as the best prospect in the draft IIRC from an interview with PA last year.

Not according to their Big Board from last year. They had Kalil listed as #4, behind Trent Richardson, Luck and RGIII.

I do find it amusing looking back at the 2010 Big Board though...Tim Tebow is listed as the 6th best QB, behind Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Dan LeFevour, Jimmy Clausen and Armanti Edwards. Smile

I wouldn't take their round ranking as what is really representative of where that player will realistically be taken, as there are 32 picks in each round. They grade them on a scoring scale, so they have predetermined cut-off points for round picks. If you look at this year's big board, they have only 9 players as Round 1 grades. That's obviously not possible that only 9 players will go in the 1st rd. I'd look at it as more like that's the lowest round they'll be drafted in. While they may list Ogletree as a 3rd round pick, it's more likely that he'll go higher, but it'll likely be no lower than the 3rd round. If you go strictly by where he's ranked in their scale, he'd go in the 2nd rd.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton is far and away the best senior receiver this year.
chuck44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Jenkins, the big DT from Georgia, has looked great this week. If we are stuck at 23 I think he would be a good pick.

Sylvester Williams or Sharif Floyd would also be DT options at that pick.

Plenty of options deep in round one this year.

I agree...if we got 1 of those guys at 23 i would be giddy...it would instantly improve our run defense and LB play...Phat Pat made EJ a probowler..alot easier to make tackles...Follow that up with 4th rd pick like
Kwame Geathers from Georgia...talk about massive 6 6 355 long lineage of NFL players in his family..and our Dline is STOUT
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Thanatos wrote:

Aww shoot I shut it off before this. What'd he say?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/0ap2000000130044/How-do-GMs-win-the-Senior-Bowl

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

I wonder what the impact his lack of height will have. I wasnt concerned when he was originally thought to be 6-2, however, measuring 6-0 could potentially push him down a little bit. Though that isnt always the case, I think Patton's stock did take a little hit measuring two inches less than expected. He is a darn good player though, and someone to consider in round 2.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I wonder what the impact his lack of height will have. I wasnt concerned when he was originally thought to be 6-2, however, measuring 6-0 could potentially push him down a little bit. Though that isnt always the case, I think Patton's stock did take a little hit measuring two inches less than expected. He is a darn good player though, and someone to consider in round 2.

I have a hard time believing he will be there beyond the first five picks in the 2nd, maybe the first 10.

Here's something interesting as well

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline

Hearing scouts are now branding Desmond Trufant/CB/Washington as a "lock 1st round pick"...more notes in an hour..
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt take Jon Jenkins with pick 23.
As stated before I think its a poor use of resources to use your 1st round pick on a prospect who under the best case scenario will be off the field on 3rd down (in pass downs 3 and medium/long).

He does not get pass rush and I find he does not really push the C/OG back (into the QB space). He tends to stay close to the LOS and attempt to smuther RBs

Hankins gets more pressure (pass rush) then Jenkins, but Hankins likely wont be available. Granted Jenkins is better in run defense, but the difference that Hankins offers in pass rush significantly beats Jenkins.

I want to use that 1st round pick on a prospect who is without a shred of doubt, a 3-down full time starter (offense or defense), [assuming they are not gased from the previous play].

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
As stated before I think its a poor use of resources to use your 1st round pick on a prospect who under the best case scenario will be off the field on 3rd down (in pass downs 3 and medium/long).

He does not get pass rush and I find he does not really push the C/OG back (into the QB space). He tends to stay close to the LOS and attempt to smuther RBs

Hankins gets more pressure (pass rush) then Jenkins, but Hankins likely wont be available. Granted Jenkins is better in run defense, but the difference that Hankins offers in pass rush significantly beats Jenkins.

I want to use that 1st round pick on a prospect who is without a shred of doubt, a 3-down full time starter (offense or defense), [assuming they are not gased from the previous play].

I really don't like many of the early DTs. The one exception is Sly Williams.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

I really don't like many of the early DTs. The one exception is Sly Williams.

Floyd, Short and Williams are the only DTs that really interest me.

Honestly, this years free agent class is pretty good at DT, id rather just sign a 1 technique player in free agency then try and find a starter in a draft that is somewhat underwhelming at the position. Id like to see a WR and LB in the first two rounds, I think those two positions have darn good value in both rounds.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 5 of 100

Jump to: