Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Draft Chat: Path to the Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gordon Bombay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we need help at WR, but I am really starting to like some of these defensive guys. I'd love to take S Kenny Vaccaro in the first to pair with Harrison, a LB that drops in the second, and then the left over of the pools of WR's. Vacarro looks GOOD.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-I am told Keenan Allen/WR/Cal has not looked anything special in combine training nor has he separated himself from the almost dozen wide outs hes working out with in Florida. Its not that Allen has been bad rather he does not show the wow factor you want to see in a potential top twelve pick.

- On the other hand I am told Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has really stood out and could be the surprise at receiver during the combine. Hes run terrific routes, caught everything in sight and is running very fast. The comparison to former USC receiver Steve Smith is being made and like Smith, Bailey could end up in the second round.

- Another wide out thats been impressive is Conner Vernon of Duke. Hes shown some of the most consistent hands in training and runs outstanding routes. One other thing to keep an eye out for; Ive been told though Vernon does not have the breakaway speed, as evidenced by his tape, he runs the fastest ten yard splits of anyone hes training with (including the aforementioned Allen and Bailey). His problem if from 20-to-40 yards. That being the case, Vernon will get a lot of looks from teams that run the west coast offense based on his ability to get off the line. Im also told Vernon is a solid kid which will further help his cause.

- Ryan Swope of Texas A&M has also looked terrific in the lead up to the combine. Scouts estimated Swope runs in the mid 4.5s but I hear the reality is different. Hes been running in the low 4.4s during training and has stood out in the jumps and agility drills. Most are already familiar with his sensational pass catching skills but if Swope is able to turn some heads at the combine with his athleticism and speed then say hello second round.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

-----------

Some WR notes.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
-I am told Keenan Allen/WR/Cal has not looked anything special in combine training nor has he separated himself from the almost dozen wide outs hes working out with in Florida. Its not that Allen has been bad rather he does not show the wow factor you want to see in a potential top twelve pick.

I wonder how much his knee injury is impacting this, and whether or not teams will give him the benefit of the doubt because of it or whether it will knock him down in evaluations.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a big Conner Vernon fan for a while. The single most productive NCAA WR over the last 4 years.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAndre Hopkins has good hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

- Another wide out thats been impressive is Conner Vernon of Duke. Hes shown some of the most consistent hands in training and runs outstanding routes. One other thing to keep an eye out for; Ive been told though Vernon does not have the breakaway speed, as evidenced by his tape, he runs the fastest ten yard splits of anyone hes training with (including the aforementioned Allen and Bailey). His problem if from 20-to-40 yards. That being the case, Vernon will get a lot of looks from teams that run the west coast offense based on his ability to get off the line. Im also told Vernon is a solid kid which will further help his cause.

Great hands, but not great speed. Dare I say Cris Carter?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I wonder how much his knee injury is impacting this, and whether or not teams will give him the benefit of the doubt because of it or whether it will knock him down in evaluations.

Thats part of the problem with this year WR corps.

I was not impressed with Keenan Allen as the top WR in this draft and then I was not overly excited about Patterson because of how raw he is. I think the value in the WRs will come in the 2nd round. You'd get more finished products and similar quality as Round 1 WRs.

Thats why I'd advocate taking defense in Round 1 and WR in Round 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1 Gopher at the Combine this year....MarQueis Gray. If he gets drafted at all, he'll be a TE. He's one of the good guys, even if he never really delivered on the promise I had for him. I hope he does well at the Combine.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Spielman also clarified that #Vikings have NINE draft picks. They did end up keeping their own sixth rounder. Was "some confusion" with that

So...

1. 1st
2. 2nd
3. 3rd
4. Det 4th
5. 4th
6. 5th
7. 6th
8. Zona 7th
9. 7th

Edit:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Vikings_end_up_with_nine_draft_picks_including_their_own_6throunder021513
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I don't expect Patterson or Allen to be there at our pick, I'd be cool with Justin Hunter or DeAndre Hopkins as 1st round WRs.

Otherwise, I'd look to Alec Ogletree, Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown with our 1st/2nd pick.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want nothing to do with Hunter in the first.

I'm in line with CriminalMind on this one; defense in the first round.
chuck44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

- On the other hand I am told Stedman Bailey/WR/West Virginia has really stood out and could be the surprise at receiver during the combine. Hes run terrific routes, caught everything in sight and is running very fast. The comparison to former USC receiver Steve Smith is being made and like Smith, Bailey could end up in the second round.

- Ryan Swope of Texas A&M has also looked terrific in the lead up to the combine. Scouts estimated Swope runs in the mid 4.5s but I hear the reality is different. Hes been running in the low 4.4s during training and has stood out in the jumps and agility drills. Most are already familiar with his sensational pass catching skills but if Swope is able to turn some heads at the combine with his athleticism and speed then say hello second round.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741

-----------

Some WR notes.

who were you told by....do you know someone there that has been watching....or is it speculation by the media who is watching
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poster wasn't told. It's a quote from an article, so the author of the article was "told."

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a likely first-round pick in the 2013 draft and one of the top prospects at inside linebacker, was arrested recently for DUI.

Link

------
What was your favorite "the Vikings should draft Alec Ogletree moment?"
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Quote:
Former Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a likely first-round pick in the 2013 draft and one of the top prospects at inside linebacker, was arrested recently for DUI.

Link

------
What was your favorite "the Vikings should draft Alec Ogletree moment?"

Jerome Felton was arrested for a DWI (or was it a DUI?) before the season began in June. People make bad decisions every once in a while, it's just important that they don't keep making the same bad decisions.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: