Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Payton reinstated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Quote:
@Saints: The NFL announced Head Coach Sean Payton has been reinstated, effective immediately #Saints

Time to officially start the offseason!

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge having him back so early! Does this increase our chances of getting back our second rounder?
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still doubt we get our second back, but boy would that be nice

Adopt-a-Saint
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel better about getting our 2nd back than I did last week at this time, but not a lot better.

Quote:
"Sean fully complied with all the requirements imposed on him during his suspension. More important, it is clear that Sean understands and accepts his responsibilities as a head coach and the vital role that coaches play in promoting player safety and setting an example for how the game should be played at all levels" - Roger Goodell

Like I said, I don't think we get it back, but that sounds a bit promising.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I feel better about getting our 2nd back than I did last week at this time, but not a lot better.

Quote:
"Sean fully complied with all the requirements imposed on him during his suspension. More important, it is clear that Sean understands and accepts his responsibilities as a head coach and the vital role that coaches play in promoting player safety and setting an example for how the game should be played at all levels" - Roger Goodell

Like I said, I don't think we get it back, but that sounds a bit promising.

If we get our second back, I vote we go for Tavon Austin. Wink

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
64 330 2 62

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
81 6 1
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching the Senior Bowl? Lane Johnson looks like a stud

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Wow... ok, where to start?

I know, how about here...

Rodger Goodell is such a PUNK!!!

His PR train is in full motion. 1st he uses the Sean Payton reinstatement to try to fan the flames of the burning wild fire that is the New Orleans fan base. Then he has his media outlets (ESPN) begin stories about how it was all Rodger Goodell's effort that kept the Saints in New Orleans after Katrina when Benson wanted to jump ship to San Anton.

Here's a news flash people... There is a reason the Superdome has hosted sooo many Superbowls. The city of New Orleans is a CASH COW for the NFL!!! Rodger Goodell could care less about the city of New Orleans and any of the people in it. He and Tags made a decision with there wallets, NOT with there hearts when they drove the effort to keep the Saints here so the media can save me the whole "Goodell is a friend of New Orleans".

Now he makes a mockery of us and our coach by using him as a tool in his PR movement. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Of course Payton is playing the part of the good little drummer boy because there is nothing he can do about the lost 2012 season now but what he can do is try to protect the 2013 season from the same faith. If you truly want to know Paytons true feelings on this matter, look no further than his mouthpiece throughout this whole ordeal Joe Vitt.

"I will forgive but will never forget"

Those are the true sediments on how this franchise feels. Aside from the fact that they are all still forced to be PC on the subject in hopes of getting their 2013 2nd round pick (which they desperately need) back.

Don't buy into this bull people... I for one won't!

WHODAT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:

How are you watching it?

Johnson was one of the players I really wanted to get a look at... felt he could be a player we could target after trading down a few spots.

NS922

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J88-RdWnNT0
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Wow... ok, where to start?

I know, how about here...

Rodger Goodell is such a PUNK!!!

His PR train is in full motion. 1st he uses the Sean Payton reinstatement to try to fan the flames of the burning wild fire that is the New Orleans fan base. Then he has his media outlets (ESPN) begin stories about how it was all Rodger Goodell's effort that kept the Saints in New Orleans after Katrina when Benson wanted to jump ship to San Anton.

Here's a news flash people... There is a reason the Superdome has hosted sooo many Superbowls. The city of New Orleans is a CASH COW for the NFL!!! Rodger Goodell could care less about the city of New Orleans and any of the people in it. He and Tags made a decision with there wallets, NOT with there hearts when they drove the effort to keep the Saints here so the media can save me the whole "Goodell is a friend of New Orleans".

Now he makes a mockery of us and our coach by using him as a tool in his PR movement. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Of course Payton is playing the part of the good little drummer boy because there is nothing he can do about the lost 2012 season now but what he can do is try to protect the 2013 season from the same faith. If you truly want to know Paytons true feelings on this matter, look no further than his mouthpiece throughout this whole ordeal Joe Vitt.

"I will forgive but will never forget"

Those are the true sediments on how this franchise feels. Aside from the fact that they are all still forced to be PC on the subject in hopes of getting their 2013 2nd round pick (which they desperately need) back.

Don't buy into this bull people... I for one won't!

WHODAT!!!

So.... He shouldn't have reinstated him?

What could Goodell have done to not be the bad guy in your eyes? Sweep this under the rug? Act like it didn't happen?

I'm tired of Saints fans playing victim. It's getting old, and allows this whole situation to linger that much longer. Get over it man, nobody is out to get us, and we aren't the target of anything. We're not being picked on or bullied, and we're not the pawns in Goodell's game.

tldr: ranting and raving about Goodell is getting old. Really freaking old.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Quote:
So.... He shouldn't have reinstated him?

What could Goodell have done to not be the bad guy in your eyes? Sweep this under the rug? Act like it didn't happen?

I'm tired of Saints fans playing victim. It's getting old, and allows this whole situation to linger that much longer. Get over it man, nobody is out to get us, and we aren't the target of anything. We're not being picked on or bullied, and we're not the pawns in Goodell's game.

tldr: [b]ranting and raving about Goodell is getting old. Really freaking old

Of course he should have reinstated him... Weeks ago!!!

I for one NEVER said that the Saints shoulden't be punished so you can get outta here wuth that nonsense but the severity in which we were punished was absoutly disgraceful and out of line. It was the most severe suspensions that I have seen placed on a franchise in my time and the proof did not meet the punishment especially when compared to other franchises and what was levied against them for similar situations.

If your so tired of it then get out... but to think people and fans should just forget about it and agree with you to apiese your personal view point is absurd. Don't agree with me if you don't want to but in no way tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion.

Who do you think you are... Rodger Goodell?

FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

How are you watching it?

Johnson was one of the players I really wanted to get a look at... felt he could be a player we could target after trading down a few spots.

NFL Network. Might not have to trade back, people are saying he's more talented than Nate Solder was.

Adopt-a-Saint
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Of course he should have reinstated him... Weeks ago!!!
Why? The original suspension was scheduled to end after the Super Bowl, Payton was brought back in time to see the Senior Bowl and get draft boards ready. When Goodell reinstated him today it was simply a PR move, but reinstating him weeks ago is just the right thing to do? I get the feeling that you'd be making Goodell the bad guy no matter what.

Quote:
I for one NEVER said that the Saints shoulden't be punished so you can get outta here wuth that nonsense but the severity in which we were punished was absoutly disgraceful and out of line.
Based on what? There is no structure to base the suspensions on so something of this magnitude is going to have to be played by ear. It's not like illegal hits or substance abuse where you can look at past suspensions and decide what to do.

Big Ben was suspended 8-games for something he wasn't charged with. Why is a HC getting suspended 1 season for the biggest NFL conspiracy in ages such a "disgrace"?

Quote:
It was the most severe suspensions that I have seen placed on a franchise in my time and the proof did not meet the punishment especially when compared to other franchises and what was levied against them for similar situations.
Can you give me an example of these "similar situations"? I doubt they're as similar as you're making them out to be.

Quote:
If your so tired of it then get out... but to think people and fans should just forget about it and agree with you to apiese your personal view point is absurd. Don't agree with me if you don't want to but in no way tell me I'm not entitled to my own opinion.
Don't take things so personal. I've never said you can't have your own opinion. I've said it's old, it is. I've said I'm tired of it, I am.

You telling me to "get out" is just as much you tell me I can't have an opinion as anything I've said to you. If you don't see that then there's no reason even debating with you.

Quote:
Who do you think you are... Rodger Goodell?

Laughing Like I said, the longer fans make this about Goodell rather than about the Saints, the longer it's going to linger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
FLOODx wrote:

How are you watching it?

NFL Network. Might not have to trade back, people are saying he's more talented than Nate Solder was.

Wow... impressed!

Nate Solder blew up the Senior bowl... except for when Cam Jordan was man handling him of course! Wink

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Sean Payton reinstated Reply with quote

Scoop, if you figure to have problems with this situation lingering... you might wanna reevaluate your status as a Saints fan.

This topic isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Get ready for the whole battle cry nonsense next season, the screw Goodell cheers and rants in the dome. I was born and raised in this city, these people will never forget. This will be engrained for generations upon generations. It will always be remembered as the year Saints fans were robed of a home superbowl.

Like it or not, right or wrong... doesn't matter. That's the way it is and will always be around here.

You say move on, I'm sure we will but it will never be forgotten and as a Saints fan you might wanna get used to that sediment because it's gonna be around for likely your lifetime and mine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: