Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Sabotage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Funny hearing Tim Brown make outlandish claims about tanking when he didn't show up for the game himself. Laughing

Who are you?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Maybe Bill was an idiot for trying to change the scheme on Friday.

Bill Callahan being an idiot makes a lot more sense. I don't think he was stupid enough to act in order to lose a SB. What kind of moron would do that?
What did he gain by trying his best to lose? A pat on the back from Gruden?

+1

I dont buy the sabotage necessarily, because what coach would purposely blow a chance to win a Super Bowl? However, the guy is clearly a moron for changing the entire gameplan two days before the biggest game of his career. Brown, Ritchie and Romo have all confirmed the same thing, and it makes the Barrett Robins debacle a little more clear.

this.

Quote:
Robbins pleaded with Callahan to stick with the original game plan. As the center, Robbins was responsible for making line calls, which he had practiced all week.

" Do not do this to me. I don't have time to make my calls, to get my calls ready. You can't do this to me on Friday. We haven't practiced full speed, we can't get this done,'"

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_22425744/super-bowl-sabotage-tim-brown-hints-raiders-coach

-i know:
-gruden and callahan were tight
-callahan was mad at the way gruden was shipped out
-callahan didnt like al or being in oakland without gruden
-lynch and others said they knew all the plays we would run
-robbins was a strait baller that year and woulda handled sapp etc and made the right line calls on the blitzes that kept killing us.
-i always hated callahan but i never knew why. but it seemed like he just had this idgaf attitude.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks and sounds like Tim Brown can not move on after the lopsided loss in a Super Bowl.When your best isn't good enough make excuses for loss after 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
Funny hearing Tim Brown make outlandish claims about tanking when he didn't show up for the game himself. Laughing

Who are you?

Seriously. Get out, Troll.

Anyone that knows Timmy knows he is classier than most any player in the league, before or since.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly always thought it was generally about not changing the calls and offense, and Gruden knew it all. Dumb on the deepest level by Callahan but I never thought of sabotage.

However, I just thought of this tidbit, and now I am actually wondering.

Gruden taught the calls to his defense during the week? That's alot for a defense to learn in such a short time, on top of what is already on their plate. Not only what's on their plate as far as practice, game plan prep, and SB week obligations. Add learning the opponents offensive calls in that span of time. ---How did he even know for certain we would be using the same calls?
To those who would say the Raiders didn't have enough time to change the calls, how can that possibly be if the opponent had enough time to learn them?

I guess Gruden could watch tape from the previous parts of the year and hear them. Still - you put that much time and effort into teaching your defense the opponents calls during a Super Bowl prep week? What if Oakland changes them, then you wasted all that time and effort and probably go into a Super Bowl not prepared well enough in all the actual facets of the game aside from trying to essentially cheat? I have to believe now that Gruden gambled on a cheat move, rather than properly prepare his team for this game?

It just smells fishy, like Gruden banked on us using the same calls way too heavily. Like he KNEW the calls were the same. Maybe it was just a big time gamble on his part that paid off big, and he has huge huevos. Or he knew for sure (wink, wink) we would be using the same calls..

Last edited by holyghost on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Jerry Rice backs Brown dont get why u would change the game plan so close to the game.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Who are you?

Anyone that knows Timmy knows he is classier than most any player in the league, before or since.

Who's trolling? He was the biggest nonfactor in the biggest game of his life. Did you guys even see the game? He doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

Crate Diggin': Hip Hop 101 w/ thrILL! & Willink
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Who are you?

Who's trolling? He was the biggest nonfactor in the biggest game of his life. Did you guys even see the game? He doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

He's right. The game was a horrendous showing all over. As So Cal natives we saw the highlights more than anybody it seemed. At the Time the Raiders were LA's team before they got terrible again.

thrILL is a good guy from the Entertainment board. Even though he's kinda rubbing it in, he means no harm.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:

Well said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56GiantPens66 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Well said.

Not really..."didn't show up" is a weak-arse comment. So you're trying to say he didn't run his routes or block, and dropped a lot of balls?

Now if you disagree with the comments he made today, that's another story. Saying he was somehow at fault is offensive and disrespectful to all Raider fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Well said.

Not really..."didn't show up" is a weak-arse comment. So you're trying to say he didn't run his routes or block, and dropped a lot of balls?

Now if you disagree with the comments he made today, that's another story. Saying he was somehow at fault is offensive and disrespectful to all Raider fans.

My only thought of it is the Raiders got stomped 48-21.The Bucs were just the better team.Time for Tim Brown to come to grips with this and stop with obvious sour grapes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Room Slayer wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Well said.

I think what he was saying was Brown really wasn't much help either that game, wasn't a factor, etc. 1 catch for 9 yards in the 1st quarter.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Who are you?

He's right. The game was a horrendous showing all over. As So Cal natives we saw the highlights more than anybody it seemed. At the Time the Raiders were LA's team before they got terrible again.

thrILL is a good guy from the Entertainment board. Even though he's kinda rubbing it in, he means no harm.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO HE IS!

You talk bad about Tim Brown around me, we have a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

It just smells fishy, like Gruden banked on us using the same calls way too heavily. Like he KNEW the calls were the same. Maybe it was just a big time gamble on his part that paid off big, and he has huge huevos. Or he knew for sure (wink, wink) we would be using the same calls..

Teams successfully gameplan for an opponent in a week or less all season long. How long do teams have from the conference championship to the Super Bowl, two weeks? That is plenty of time to gameplan and go over their calls. My guess is Gruden knew Callahan used the same calls because he had been all season long. All he had to do was watch some film and do some homework and voila! Not only did Gruden know the calls, but he also knew the tendencies and preferences of all of our players. Gruden built that team, Callahan just rode it as far as he could and then blew it at the end. Honestly, the only thing that sounds fishy is Callahan changing the gameplan last minute. Makes no sense.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
War Room Slayer wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Who are you?

Well, the leg he's standing on is his career. Which is quite distinguished. He is known for being a classy guy too. The other thing is Jerry Rice came out and said the same thing that Brown said. Tim Brown on his own making comments is odd.... but when Jerry Rice speaks, we listen. He wouldn't risk his reputation on a grudge or a lie. I think there's probably something to this, every player in the league knows that you don't, under any circumstances, change the gameplan on a friday. However I think "sabotage" was probably the wrong word. That implies specific intent, and that's hard to fathom.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: