Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Sabotage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strangest thing to me is the timing of this disclosure......why wait all this time....makes no sense to me.

It may be true but to wait all this time then suddenly come out with this makes it sound like it's easier for the players to blame coaches, game plans etc. than simply not executing, dropping passes, missing blitz pickups and throwing interceptions.

I watched Timmy B for all his professional career and have the upmost respect for him, so that makes me feel there may be an element of truth. Just seems so wierd as i don't recall any prior rumours or hearsay......
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Bill Callahan deserves a good ole fashioned lynching..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Maybe Bill was an idiot for trying to change the scheme on Friday.

Bill Callahan being an idiot makes a lot more sense. I don't think he was stupid enough to act in order to lose a SB. What kind of moron would do that?
What did he gain by trying his best to lose? A pat on the back from Gruden?
DEADstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Timmy on some stuff.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just a screwed up game. The whole Robbins situation and Callahan not changing the plays up. Still feel a pain in my chest whenever I think of the game. Timing doesn't make much sense along with some of the reasoning. Callahan didn't help himself the following year with his "dumbest team" speech.

Funny thing is Callahan may be calling plays for the Cowboys soon according to Jerry Jones.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Yea the story sounds like complete BS. Even if you hated your players and team, why the hell would a person not want to win a superbowl just for themselves? It makes zero sense.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Bill Callahan being an idiot makes a lot more sense. I don't think he was stupid enough to act in order to lose a SB. What kind of moron would do that?

+1

I dont buy the sabotage necessarily, because what coach would purposely blow a chance to win a Super Bowl? However, the guy is clearly a moron for changing the entire gameplan two days before the biggest game of his career. Brown, Ritchie and Romo have all confirmed the same thing, and it makes the Barrett Robins debacle a little more clear.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he was over thinking the Super Bowl. I mean he's playing against his former boss in the biggest game.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

+1

I dont buy the sabotage necessarily, because what coach would purposely blow a chance to win a Super Bowl? However, the guy is clearly a moron for changing the entire gameplan two days before the biggest game of his career. Brown, Ritchie and Romo have all confirmed the same thing, and it makes the Barrett Robins debacle a little more clear.

Jerry Rice was just on ESPN and he just validated what Tim Brown said WOW Bill Callahan is a Loser
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jerry Rice agrees with Tim Brown. Holy crap.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Rice also said that Bill Callahan did not like him
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
Jerry Rice also said that Bill Callahan did not like him

Charlie Garner agrees with Tim Brown, sort of

Posted by Mike Florio on January 22, 2013, 3:26 PM EST

We may need to put together a scorecard of the former Raiders who disagree and who agree with the suggestion by receiver Tim Brown that former coach Bill Callahan deliberately sabotaged Super Bowl XXXVII by changing the game plan two days before kickoff.

While three teammates who have spoken out so far disagree with Brown (Rich Gannon, Bill Romanowski, Lincoln Kennedy), former Raiders running back Charlie Garner sees a little merit in Brown’s contention.

“There may be something to what Mr. Brown has been saying,” told 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly. “I really don’t know the validity of which he despised the Raiders but I also know that he didn’t want to be there, too.”

Regardless of the reason, Garner agreed that something happened. “We came out with another game plan and it just was not what we practiced. . . . We as an organization and as a team had been through a lot of adversity so we were accustomed to it. Had we just stuck to the original game plan, I believe that we would have been successful.”

If Brown’s goal was to shine a fresh light on a game played a decade ago, Brown has been extremelty successful.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what really happened, one thing is sure, the gameplan should have been run heavy with a lot of Wheatley between the tackles. Their tampa 2 was filled with undersized players in the front 7 and the potential weakness to attack was obvious.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those asking saying "why now?", this story about Callahan changing the game plan has been brought up a couple of times already throughout the years. The only difference now is, Tim Brown used the word "sabotage".

The only certain out of all this was the gameplan changing & Callahan's incompetence in keeping the plays the same after Gruden left. Gruden knew this team inside & out. The whole situation at the time was a chaotic mess.

Sidenote: Anyone notice who was on our staff? Aaron Kromer, Marc Trestman, and Jim Harbough.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny hearing Tim Brown make outlandish claims about tanking when he didn't show up for the game himself. Laughing

Fly Fellowship 6.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: