Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl Sabotage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Super Bowl Sabotage Reply with quote

Can't believe no one has posted this yet.

Thoughts??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000129516/article/tim-brown-slams-callahan-for-raiders-super-bowl-loss

Brown has always been a pretty model citizen IMO and it's odd this comes out a decade after the azz whooping.

PM sig requests.
MTRaider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the worst days of my life as a Raider fan!
Tim Brown always came across as a straight shooter.....
I hope there's going to be some follow-ups with other members of that team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats certainly interesting. Allegations aside, changing the entire game plan two days before the Super Bowl sounds fishy and downright stupid. IIRC, that TB defense was good all around, but was especially nasty against the pass.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Brown has absolutely nothing to gain out of this really is the mot shocking thing. He's going to get into the Hall eventually so he doesn't need the pub. He's not a media junkie so there's no motive there. He's always just been a solid, stand-up guy.

There's another report that had this excerpt:

Quote:
Brown explained that the change had a specific impact on Robbins. “Barret Robbins begged Coach Callahan, ‘Do not do this to me. I don’t have time to make my calls, to get my calls ready. You can’t do this to me on Friday. We haven’t practiced full speed, we can’t get this done.’”

Could this really have been what tipped Robbins over the edge?? I mean, the guy might have been emotionally unstable BUT his situation and timing of the leaving was always very, very weird to me as it should have been for anyone. I dunno..... this is all very.................. interesting

PM sig requests.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
The fact that Brown has absolutely nothing to gain out of this really is the mot shocking thing. He's going to get into the Hall eventually so he doesn't need the pub. He's not a media junkie so there's no motive there. He's always just been a solid, stand-up guy.

Quote:
Brown explained that the change had a specific impact on Robbins. “Barret Robbins begged Coach Callahan, ‘Do not do this to me. I don’t have time to make my calls, to get my calls ready. You can’t do this to me on Friday. We haven’t practiced full speed, we can’t get this done.’”

Could this really have been what tipped Robbins over the edge?? I mean, the guy might have been emotionally unstable BUT his situation and timing of the leaving was always very, very weird to me as it should have been for anyone. I dunno..... this is all very.................. interesting

I read that same article last night. The part you quoted got me the most, kinda gave me an eerie feeling. Really felt bad for Robbins reading that and could def be the reason he went AWOL, a question we never got an answer to.

Between that SB and the Tuck Rule, just two things I dont like talking about. Very painful memories.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time believing it. So Callahan hated the Raiders and the players knew it but Al Davis still let him become the HC. Then he sabotages a Super Bowl opportunity and he keeps the HC job the next season. No matter his feelings about the Raiders, that was also an opportunity for him to become a Super Bowl winning HC. And 10 years later, it seems he'll never get that opportunity again. How come no player ever talked about it either?
I love Tim Brown but i remember him having a poor game that day (dropping easy catches) and even if that's what he thinks, he probably should have kept it to himself, especially 10 years later.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the story sounds like complete BS. Even if you hated your players and team, why the hell would a person not want to win a superbowl just for themselves? It makes zero sense.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

Quote:

dayum

sounds crazy but somewhat makes sense esp for robbins. but why now? why let robbins take all the blame for a decade or so? why didnt gannon jus call his own plays at the line? now im even more confused

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Oaktown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aPdGlF76Jg8
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Al Davis sour grapes kind of stuff. But some of it seems to make sense. I don't really know what to make of this.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Oaktown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“@mortreport: Former Raiders FB Jon Ritchie texts: "I've said it for years. What we practiced heavily during the week is not what we ran in (SB XXXVII)"”
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need more players to verify this. I need some other Raider players to speak out on this. Sabotage is a strong word. Maybe Bill was an idiot for trying to change the scheme on Friday.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Need more players to verify this. I need some other Raider players to speak out on this. Sabotage is a strong word. Maybe Bill was an idiot for trying to change the scheme on Friday.

True. Definitely idiotic. But if more players come out of the woodwork and start agreeing and/or supporting the things Brown said then I don't know. Like I said, I'm not sure but I do think this could have some story teeth to it.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Oaktown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo was just on the heard. Said the same thing.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we gotta let go of the past......why reopen these wounds man? I believe we were screwed outta 2 possible trophies by the league(hared big Al), sabotage, and just plain fate. SUCKS MAN.

I'm looking on to the rebuilding era we r in now

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: