Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First of the Year, 1 round, updates to come
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishBengalGXG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: First of the Year, 1 round, updates to come Reply with quote

2013 NFL Mock Draft

Hello before you read my mock I just wanted to say a few things. This is MY thoughts in how the draft might go not yours so any comment say "no this player sucks give us this player." I'm not "giving" you a player I'm saying who I think best fits the draft. So if you don't like it say why and give me the player you think would fit and say why. Seriously, it's not that hard. And honestly I don't have to do what you suggest to make you happy so if it doesn't happen and it's a pick you don't like, sucks, deal with it. Your team isn't going to pick the player you like cause you like him, they might pick the guy you just didn't want at all. I just want to say that cause I'm tired of people saying no and giving no reason why, it's stupid. So enjoy my mock... Or don't, I really don't care to much cause well I like it and think its extremely plausible. Have fun.

1. Kansas City (2-14) - Bjoern Werner, DE - Florida State
Werner can fill a hole here as a pass rusher and a possible linebacker. I just think Geno Smith is too much of a risk at the number 1 spot and I'm sure Kansas City has thought about this as well. A second round quarterback will be more worth the risk and probably just as effective. Kansas City will also be looking to trade for a QB such as Alex Smith or Michael Vick. Sorry KC but it's true.

2. Jacksonville (2-14) - Star Lotulelei, DT - Utah
Jacksonville needs a QB but again Geno is not worth the pick. So instead Jacksonville grabs a top D-line player and fill a needed spot. Knighton is going to be a free agent and might not be retained. Alualu has also been a disappointment thus far and Star could a much needed improvement.

3. Oakland (4-12) - Damontre Moore, DE - Texas A&M
And another defensive player goes off the bored. Raiders were definitely lacking in the pass rush and Moore can help, either rushing at the end or from an OLB position. He could be a Mario Williams player here. And the Raiders are definitely known for taking big players on D.

4. Philadelphia (4-12) - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M
An the first offensive player is off the bored with a desperate Eagles team taking a much needed player. The Eagles O-line was just put to shambles this year, enough that a preschooler could have gotten through and sacked the QB. Yes Peters was lost for the season early on but the O-line needs to step up and power up and Luke can help. Luke and Peters could make a great duo in the NFL next season and Luke will learn well under Peters.

5. Detroit (4-12) - Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU
Ba dum, dum, dum... Another DE off the bored... LSU seriously spits out DEs like a machine. I men find me a draft where there isn't a DE from LSU and find one that he isn't a somewhat high pick. But anyway Mingo is an essential pick for the Lions especially if they don't retain Cliff. Bosch is most likely gone cause they're not going to want to pay the 5 mill they owe him.

6. Cleveland (5-11) - Jarvis Jones, OLB - Georgia
And as a Bengals fan I cry. Jones is the top OLB on, I guess now off, the board. They need a OLB and they got one heck of one here. He will definitely be a nice pass rusher and help make they're already good defense better.

7. Arizona (5-11) - Eric fisher, OT - Central Michigan
Could Geno finally get off the bored here?!? Nope still no. Arizona needs to boost their most sacked offensive line in the NFL here. Before they can get a QB they need to get someone to protect that QB and like I said before teams can still get good value QBs in the second round.

8. Buffalo (6-10) - Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia
And finally Geno is picked, and he is still a major reach but Buffalo is that desperate. Hopefully they can make a nice combo with Spiller and Geno and make a majority running team. At least they know Geno can run but he's definitely has to do better then that horrible bowl appearance.

9. New York Jets (6-10) - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma
Now what can those J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets do here? The answer is really anything. The holes of the jets are enormous and could go after nearly anyone to fill them. It's just like (insert dumb sex joke here). So really for any fan who doesn't like the pick its a top pick available situation so just look at whose left and hope the Jets take him. OT is a glaring need for the Jets so that's why I chose Johnson.

10. Tennessee (6-10) - DeMarcus Milliner, CB - Alabama
Let's be honest here, Tennessee's pass defense was just god awful. They need help in all pass defense categories and Milliner is the top CB. Vaccaro is also available here but Milliner is taken for the value of the pick as well.

11. San Diego (7-9) - Barrett Jones, G/C/OT- Alabama
Yeah I know I know, he's definitely not best available, honestly he might not be considered at this pick by a lot of people, 99% of us. But look at last year with Seattle, I guarantee none of us predicted that. So with that said I believe San Diego takes the man that can play it all on the O-line so that they can but him where they need to and know he'll be able to play it... This gives the more freedom in the free agency and later in the draft.

12. Miami (7-9) - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee
They drafted a QB last season and he did pretty well considering he didn't have any weapons to throw to. I'm a huge football fan and can name at least one receiver per team except for two teams Miami and St. Louis. Both need to give there good QB, and yes Sam Bradford is good (I'll get to that in 4 more picks), a new weapon that they can rely on and since Miami is the first pick out of the two they get the top WR out of the draft in Patterson. Some may say Keenan is the top WO in the draft but I say Patterson cause I think he is more all around sound.

13. Tampa Bay (7-9) - Johnthan Banks, CB - Mississippi State
For the last three years I have been saying the same thing about Tampa Bay and maybe now they will finally listen. They are in a pass heavy division and they need a corner. Ronde Barber is too old to be a corner and is a safety now and now they need a new top corner to try and shut down the pass.

14. Carolina (7-9) - Johnathan Hankins, DT - Ohio State
Again I have said this in years past they need an interior lineman. They have no interior pressure and no run stop in the middle. Last year I gave them Cox, I dont disagree with Kuelchy (I don't know how to spell his name) but this year they definitely need a interior lineman and would be stupid not to get one.

15. New Orleans (7-9) - Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri
Ellis has been a bust for the Saints and is probably gone for the next season so a top ranked interior lineman should be on the top of the Saints list

16. St. Louis (7-8-1) - Chance Warmack, G - Alabama
Okay like I was saying when I was picking for Miami Sam Bradford is a good Quarterback but he is missing two things, weapons to use and pass protection. And since they are picking again in 6 more picks protection is a higher priority right now. They need to keep Bradford on the field and off the injury report and he needs more time so he can hit whatever weapons he's got and going to get.

17. Pittsburgh (8-8 ) - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon
Pittsburgh is basically in as much debt as the U.S right now. Okay over exaggeration, they are not debt but they're or will be over the cap limit this season and they will need to do a lot of contract reconstructing and a lot more releases. Harrison will probably be one of those releases and they'll need a new pass rusher and Jordan can be that person.

18. Dallas (8-8 ) - Kenny Vaccaro, S - Texas
Dallas safety situation was not good this year a definitely could use some help. So they'll add to there secondary by getting pass coverage help for the second year in a row by taking Vaccaro and keeping him in the state.

19. New York Giants (9-7) - Sam Montgomery, DE - LSU
Osi and Tucker were disappointing this season and Pierre-Paul could use a friend on the other side. Sam could also be used as LB which they also need. So with duel position "fill" New York gladly scoops up Sam to beef up their defense.

20. Chicago (10-6) - Manti Te'o, LB - Notre Dame
Urlacher is getting old and a protege for him to teach is something the Bears will gladly take. Te'o should have been taken ages ago but because he got screwed over by some [inappropriate/removed] dropped him down pretty far. Yes he had a bad bowl game but for some reason a story that wasn't his fault and something that was cruel to him dropped down his stock which is pretty dumb but hey, Da Bears ain't complaining.

21. Cincinnati* (10-6) - Alec Ogletree, LB - Georgia
Manny Lawson is not coming back next season and neither is Maualuga. Howard is coming back from an ACL injury and should regain his spot as WLB and our cover LB. With Ogletree the Bengals can put Burfict in the middle and Ogletree as the SLB and run stopper (what I personally think would be best) or have Ogletree as the MLB and keep Burfict on the outside. Either way its a major improvement in the LB core.

22. St. Louis (Washington)* (10-6) - Keenan Allen, WR - California
Already said it 6 picks ago, Bradford needs protection and weapons, he got some more protection so this time it's a weapon he can use.

23. Minnesota* (10-6) - Tavon Austin, WR - West Virginia
Percy Harvin needs a running mate who is more constant then Jerome Simpson. They might also need a #1 receiver if Percy wants out and Minnesota trades him. So another receiver might be on Minnesota's draft board later.

24. Indianapolis* (11-5) - Xavier Rhodes, CB - Florida State
Indianapolis needs someone to be opposite of Vontae Davis so that they can have a good tandem.

25. Seattle* (11-5) - Robert Woods, WR - USC
Russell Wilson did very good for a QB without a true #1 wideout and yes there are better WR on the board but Pete is USC. He's already coached him and I wouldn't be surprised if Pete picked Woods. But he might also go with a different wideout but hey it's my pick and I'm going for some surprise picks.

26. Green Bay* (11-5) - Jonathan Cooper, G/C - North Carolina
The center position definitely a must needed upgrade for the packers. Saturday is too old and the replacement wasn't all that good. Green Bay will gladly take Cooper and make him a starter off the bat.

27. Houston* (12-4) - DeAndre Hopkins, WR - Clemson
It's been said for years that Houston needs a #2 next to Johnson and why not make it another Andre?

28. Denver* (13-3) - Jonathan Jenkins, DT - Georgia
Denver has got plenty of pressure on the outside with Dumerville and Miller and now it's time for one inside help and Jenkins will seriously fill that need right up.

29. New England* (12-4) - Terrance Williams, WR - Baylor
Let's be honest, New England is all TE and no receiver they need to put a consistent #1 receiver and that'll give them just about an unstoppable receiving corps.

30. Atlanta* (13-3) - Tyler Eifert, TE - Notre Dame
Gonzalez is most likely retiring and Atlanta will want to replace him immediately because I know they're back up and he will not be able to replace him. Tyler will be much better then Coffeman and might help the offense from choking late in games.

31. Baltimore* (10-6) - Kevin Minter, ILB - LSU
Rey Lewis is gone and Ed Reed might be. So they can replace the definite missing spot with Minter or the maybe spot with Elam. I say fill the hole you know you'll have.

32. San Francisco* (11-4-1) - Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB - BYU
San Fran already has an amazing defense but they need to keep it up with players growing old and going to free agency.

Cincinnati... just keep doin' what your doin' and that's WIN...
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Rhodes.
Cooper there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Eagles pick.

Kiltman on the sig
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Oakland pick!

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a somwhat possible pick but one i pray Atlanta doesn't make in Eifert. He just isn't that much better than guys in the 2nd to 4th round. This TE draft isn't that impressive in general at the top and even you would have to admit without a new TE our offense would still be deadly compared to us needing a upgrade on the D-line something massive.

A new TE won't have no where near the impact for us as a new DE or DT would. With Julio, Roddy, Harry, Quizz, a new mid round RB and mid round TE we are still gonna drop 24 points on a team probably.

1st - Ansash - DE or John Jenkins DT
2nd - Insert best RB/TE available
3rd - Insert best RB/TE available
4th - Geathers - DT if we go Anash
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werner fits no role with the Chiefs man. We're keeping the 3-4 and have two stud OLB's. Joeckel would make sense if we don't resign Albert.

You obviously don't like Geno but I think it will be either him or Wilson taken #1 barring a trade.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Bears pick
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Johnson, but not a good fit for the Jets. We can't afford to take a RT at pick 9.
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Packers pick if he's there. He could be an elite center.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Tavon Austin for the Vikings.

The Vikings need a WR in a bad way, but Austin is not the kind of WR we're looking for.

We need an outside WR who can run the whole route tree, get separation downfield, and can be a jump ball threat in the red zone.

Austin is strictly a slot receiver best utilized by getting him the ball in space and letting him run free - pretty much exactly like Percy Harvin.

DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Terrance Williams, Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, or Robert Woods would all be better choices at WR.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: First of the Year, 1 round, updates to come Reply with quote

Quote:
15. New Orleans (7-9) - Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri
Ellis has been a bust for the Saints and is probably gone for the next season so a top ranked interior lineman should be on the top of the Saints list

Before the guy on the floor for the Saints would turn in the card with Sheldon Richardson's name on it he would be ordered by Mickey Loomis, Sean Payton and Steve Spagnuolo to do 3 cart wheels, 2 back flips and 1 summer sault on his way down the isle!!!

GREAT PICK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bengals pick.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I like the bengals pick.

Agreed

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick in T.Williams to the Pats. They definitly need a WR even if Wes is back. He has really impressed at Senior Bowl practices too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT at 9 with so many defensive playmakers...like the thought and fills the need but not at 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: