Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Big time down in Mobile this week!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Big time down in Mobile this week!!! Reply with quote

The Saints have been known to pluck a player or two from the annual Senior Bowl on draft day and after going over the North and South rosters this years game will be stacked with talent...

So here's the question...

Which Senior bowl participant and potential Saints draft pick are you most eager to see perform throughout this weeks pratices and game?

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they will show it in the UK, is the senior bowl usually a better showing than the pro bowl?

As for who I'd keep an eye on, Margus Hunt & LaVarr Edwards as potential 3rd round picks, and of course Ansah who could fall to us at number 15 in round 1 Very Happy
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
I don't know if they will show it in the UK, is the senior bowl usually a better showing than the pro bowl?

As for who I'd keep an eye on, Margus Hunt & LaVarr Edwards as potential 3rd round picks, and of course Ansah who could fall to us at number 15 in round 1 Very Happy

The Senior bowl is usually aired on NFL network if im not mistaken. I personally much rather the Senior bowl over the probowl. Just my opinion but the probowl is a joke!

As for Ansah, I to am really excited to see him this week where I think a lot of questions will be answered when scouts will want to see him with his hand in the dirt more often to see if he's more than just flash.

Hunt is a specimen but I just don't know where to play him... the question for him will be can he bend and get upfield.

Other players I want to see are Lane Johnson, DJ Fluker (at tackle), Lavar Edwards, Jordan Poyer and Tavarres King.

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also hope no one had there hopes up for Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher... Dude is playing his way into the top 5!

Scouts raving about the guy

FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Okafor just beat Fisher on a drill. He looks good.. new man crush lol

EDIT: Fisher did beat him yesterday, but you got to love how Okafor came back strong today and showed him up.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
Alex Okafor just beat Fisher on a drill. He looks good.. new man crush lol

EDIT: Fisher did beat him yesterday, but you got to love how Okafor came back strong today and showed him up.

I said in a post a while ago, I felt people were sleeping on Okafor... I think he's the best all around defensive end in the entire draft.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll rise, but we still might be able to get him with a trade back

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I think he'll rise, but we still might be able to get him with a trade back

I used to think that we could trade back to the back half of round 1 and grab him... Then he has a monster bowl game aganist Oregon State with 4.5 sacks.

Then I felt, ok... Maybe we can slide back 4-6 spots and get him. Now he's being very impressive at the senior bowl aganist a tackle most feel will go top 10 maybe even top 5.

I now feel that if we want Okafor, we will need to take him at 15. I feel alot of mockers will be suprised with alot of DE's Okafor will be taken ahead of.

FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only got Fisher good on one play, did a decent job on another. The rest of the time Fisher won the battles. Still like Okafor though

Adopt-a-Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think Okafor has worked his way into first round territory yet, he still has substantial weaknesses.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh Idk.. There's a bunch of teams looking for pass rushers at the end of the first

Adopt-a-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I don't even think Okafor has worked his way into first round territory yet, he still has substantial weaknesses.

You could be right there harp... NFL teams fall in love with potential and measurables around this time of year especially when it comes to defensive lineman. Based purly on athletic ability and upside Okafor dosen't compare with alot of other guys but you still have to play the game and most of the time all that athletic ability never reaches its potential because sometimes the guys who possess it just simply aren't good football players.

From what Ive seen so far in the senior bowl pratcies I wouldent touch E. Ansah until the second round yet based on his upside he might be a top 20 pick.

I think your right, I think teams will still sleep on Okafor but I do believe he will be a 1st round pick. I also believe that there will come a day where teams that draft alot of these other guys based on potential will ruin the day they passed on Okafor who I feel has the violent hands, Motor, tecnique and skill set to be a bigtime player on the next level.

Now this is just my opinion and yes everyone has one but I feel Okafor is the classic case of NFL scouts putting to much into measurables and over thinking the draft process.

PS: all these prospects have substantial weaknesses with the exception of Chance Warmack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: