Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Saints starting D lineup: (UPDATED)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that there are more pressing needs that replacing Harper and Jenkins, but I wouldn't be at all heartbroken if we went with Quddus and Rambo next season

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Not sure how you can say he improved this year in coverage.

I'm not sure how you can say he didn't improve this year. Confused

Was he a lockdown DB? No way. Did he have one of his better seasons, coverage wise? Absolutely.

If you want to say going from super suck to semi-super suck is an improvement, then I guess he improved.....Him and Jenkins were both in the bottom 5 for safeties this year in the NFL, that says a lot. Harper is and always has been a liability in coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Was he a lockdown DB? No way. Did he have one of his better seasons, coverage wise? Absolutely.

If you want to say going from super suck to semi-super suck is an improvement, then I guess he improved.....Him and Jenkins were both in the bottom 5 for safeties this year in the NFL, that says a lot. Harper is and always has been a liability in coverage.

Truly spoken like a guy who looks at PFF stats instead of intently watching games, Harper has always been average in coverage. Guys who SUCK in coverage are guys who lack the instincts AND athleticism. Harper only lacks the athleticism, Harper has usually been average in coverage but everyone took a step back this year with the bad scheme and no pass rush. You clearly didn't pay attention to Harper though, he was miles ahead of Jenkins in coverage AND as a player this year.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

You can go watch numerous games, that was just a great example. Harpers one of the smartest players on our defense, the guy knows where to be which is why he had his best year by far in a ZONE coverage defense. He struggles when asked to play man to man but so do most safeties. Jenkins is far worse than Harper as a player yet everyone wants to give him a 3rd chance. We could upgrade both safety spots but Jenkins is easily the worse player, it's not even debateable.

Comparing Harper to Jenkins is like comparing horse poo to cow poo. In the end, they're both poo. We as Saints fans have been plagued by bad safety play for so long that I think we'll grasp for any sort of positive at the position.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally... I'm done with Harpers lack of athletic ability about as much as I'm done with Jenkins wasted athletic ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

Truly spoken like a guy who looks at PFF stats instead of intently watching games, Harper has always been average in coverage. Guys who SUCK in coverage are guys who lack the instincts AND athleticism. Harper only lacks the athleticism, Harper has usually been average in coverage but everyone took a step back this year with the bad scheme and no pass rush. You clearly didn't pay attention to Harper though, he was miles ahead of Jenkins in coverage AND as a player this year.

I watched every minute of every game Harp. I'm not a stats guy. It was just an interesting stat someone here on FF posted. I'm not sure why you're fighting so hard to defend Harper's mediocrity. The guy is SLOW and unathletic. Average in coverage might be good enough for you, but it's not for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I watched every minute of every game Harp. I'm not a stats guy. It was just an interesting stat someone here on FF posted. I'm not sure why you're fighting so hard to defend Harper's mediocrity. The guy is SLOW and unathletic. Average in coverage might be good enough for you, but it's not for me.

A guy who's average in coverage but outstanding in the redzone, against the run, and when blitzing.

You're acting like he's only a coverage guy, and he's just average at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: