Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are the Dolphins Moving to Los Angeles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Manlaw15 wrote:
Miami's move to LA would probably turn me into a Bucs fan. I just can't root for a team from LA or NY.

Out of curiosity, why Tampa and not Jacksonville?

Please note, this is coming from a guy that has only been to Florida twice and both times were to see the Dolphins play. I know nothing about Florida culture.

To be honest Im not sure why. Technically the Bucs would be the next local team so i would probably follow them. Plus they are a Florida team and when Miami is out of the playoffs i tend to root for which ever Florida team makes it. Though lately all the Florida teams have been sucking wind in the NFL.

As for the rest of South Florida they may follow the Dolphins but i can tell you from living here all my life that a lot of people in South Florida are either NY fans Boston fans and band wagoners. Steeler and Pats fans are like cockroaches down here. Squish one and 2 more come out of the wall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still follow them and as for being in Washington I would be able to see them a lot easier than I am now. I don't see the move happening though.

Ross is also a smart business guy. Anybody think this could be a fake bid to try and stir up some chatter that he could move the Dolphins to LA in hopes to get the money for all of the renovations?? Just a thought that popped in my head.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Dalunatic16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they did, i'd be a little shocked and upset, but if they did move anywhere I would want to be in LA.

Seeing as Im from California, I'd be able to catch a few games.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new renovations will keep the Phins in Miami till 2034.

But as for your question, I would watch them. I have no love for Miami, or the Heat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLOY ... he's to heavily vested in Mia.
He'd be better off selling the team & stadium outright.

sug
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in Hell would I watch the LA Dolphins. I'd cross my fingers and go to Church to pray for their failure. I think I'm actually becoming physically ill just thinking about the "LA Dolphins"......freaking disgusting.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:

sug

I agree. I don't think he's even really a candidate to take over AEG, probably just a ploy to put pressure on Miami to support the tax initiative to improve his Stadium in Miami. It feels heavy handed to me, but hey, I could be wrong.

He could be a serious player and who knows, he did say he wanted to create a Hollywood feel in Miami. Maybe he sees an chance to make that happen. It does seem unlikely, I mean HIGHLY unlikely that the Dolphins would ever leave Miami.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:

sug

I agree. I don't think he's even really a candidate to take over AEG, probably just a ploy to put pressure on Miami to support the tax initiative to improve his Stadium in Miami. It feels heavy handed to me, but hey, I could be wrong.

He could be a serious player and who knows, he did say he wanted to create a Hollywood feel in Miami. Maybe he sees an chance to make that happen. It does seem unlikely, I mean HIGHLY unlikely that the Dolphins would ever leave Miami.

I was thinking the same thing (on pressuring support for the tax initiative), but doubt the team moves out of Miami. Like others have said....he has too much invested in the stadium to move the team out...I would think that the value of the stadium would drop considerably without a pro-team attached to it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this thread appreciates the magnitude of what it is discussing.

FF Member #67
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be a fan of the team anymore.

... but is it weird that I also kinda wish they would move?
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Manlaw15 wrote:
Miami's move to LA would probably turn me into a Bucs fan. I just can't root for a team from LA or NY.

Out of curiosity, why Tampa and not Jacksonville?

Please note, this is coming from a guy that has only been to Florida twice and both times were to see the Dolphins play. I know nothing about Florida culture.

They would hold a spot in my heart, but I am from Miami and live in North Florida, but would they be my team, no. I would be a Tampa fan or Falcons, I can not stand the Jags, they block out the Dolphins game, it was Dan Marinos last game vs them, also they cant sell enough tickets to even show Jags games on local tv so forced to miss the AFC game unless you go to a local pub who has Sunday ticket. Thants my reason for not picking the Jags. I hope they move to LA, and been hoping they would move anywhere other then Florida since the second year they came into the league.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats Week-Cool
60.8% CMP - 1133 yards -8 TD's - 5 INT's - 81.2 Rat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: