Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andrew Luck Replaces Tom Brady in Pro Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck Replaces Tom Brady in Pro Bowl Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
ConvenientTruth wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Andrew Luck will replace Tom Brady in the Pro Bowl.

Congrats to Luck who was great this year.

Tom Brady has an "undisclosed injury", probably from his dirty slide

Brady STILL wears a brace on the knee he blew out like five years ago? Wow.

What's so wrong with that? Guy plays a sport that is very physical, and could lead to a knee twisting the wrong way more often than not. It isn't like a Donjoy brace restricts motion to the point to where he can't move around like he did before...and if the decides to be macho and try to play without the brace, and blows out the knee again, how much does he stand to lose out on?

Some of you guys just bash for the sake of bashing. Outside of Adrian Peterson (who ain't human) I don't recall a player tearing an ACL and NOT playing with a brace, for the remainder of their career...

Donovan McNabb only wore his for around half a season. Brian Westbrook had two ACL tears in college/high school (once in each knee) and didn't wear a brace in the NFL. Correll Buckhalter had three PCL tears and didn't wear a brace. Hell, Hines Ward didn't even have an ACL and he didn't wear a brace. IIRC RG3 didn't wear a brace on his reconstructed knee until he injured his knee again this season.

What skill position players continue to wear a brace more than one year after their injury? I can't think of many.

It's not a big deal or anything, just strikes me as odd.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it strike you as odd? Brady's gone as far as to say there have been hits that might have injured his knee again without the brace on. If it makes him feel safer in the pocket, I don't think it's very odd

Welker still wears his, too, iirc.

ELRammy
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
How does it strike you as odd? Brady's gone as far as to say there have been hits that might have injured his knee again without the brace on. If it makes him feel safer in the pocket, I don't think it's very odd

Welker still wears his, too, iirc.

There have been multiple occasions where players have torn an ACL while wearing a brace, as well. When it's a significant amount of time after the injury, it just seems weird to wear a brace on one knee and not the other. I believe there's not much difference in strength between a fully healed, properly reconstructed ACL and an uninjured one.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there have been. I don't think it matters. It doesn't limit him and it makes him feel more confident about his knee. I hurt my ankle playing basketball a year and a half ago, and I still wear a brace every time I play.

ELRammy
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
The Cryptkeeper wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
And thus another piece of evidence that the Pro Bowl is a joke.

Looking at the AFC quarterbacks, who should've gone over him?

Joe Flacco or Big Ben

Considering that Luck is the 3rd best rookie QB. Great storyline, not pro bowl player.

agreed! Good story, thats why he is there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunk-colt wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
The QB with the 29th best QB rating will be playing in the PB. Blaine freakin Gabbert had a better QB rating on the year then Luck. Craziness that some see him as a Pro Bowler. All hype.

which shows how useless QB rating is

Big Ben or Rivers? lolol

Let me see... Ben had more TDs and less interceptions in 3 less games. Anyone who thinks Luck made the Pro Bowl on anything other than hype is a fool.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
The QB with the 29th best QB rating will be playing in the PB. Blaine freakin Gabbert had a better QB rating on the year then Luck. Craziness that some see him as a Pro Bowler. All hype.

Big Ben or Rivers? lolol

Let me see... Ben had more TDs and less interceptions in 3 less games. Anyone who thinks Luck made the Pro Bowl on anything other than hype is a fool.
I agree. But would you even watch the game anyway?

Quite a few Seahawks have made it in because of alternates but i'm not going to watch it. and probably 80% of the people posting here say they aren't going to watch it. So does it mean that much that Luck made it ahead of Ben?

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Big Ben or Rivers? lolol

Or a homer.

Kempes on the custom sig!
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Big Ben or Rivers? lolol

I agree. But would you even watch the game anyway?

Quite a few Seahawks have made it in because of alternates but i'm not going to watch it. and probably 80% of the people posting here say they aren't going to watch it. So does it mean that much that Luck made it ahead of Ben?

The only reason I'm not watching is we only have a Center going when we should have a Center, a Linebacker and a Quarterback. If it were the latter I'd actually watch.

There was a time when fans of the 30 other teams could enjoy seeing their guys play in the Pro Bowl.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck Replaces Tom Brady in Pro Bowl Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82277e59/Brady-s-close-call
He credited the brace for saving his knee there (early last season) and said that every QB should wear a knee brace on their plant leg.

As for the Pro Bowl, this is the sixth straight time Brady has pulled out of the Pro Bowl. He last played after the 2004 season.
JMG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrew Luck Replaces Tom Brady in Pro Bowl Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82277e59/Brady-s-close-call
He credited the brace for saving his knee there (early last season) and said that every QB should wear a knee brace on their plant leg.

He's probably right. If it can actually save you from having a huge injury, I don't know why you wouldn't do it. Unless it really effected your ability to play.

[]_[] Family
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
crunk-colt wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Big Ben or Rivers? lolol

aw man i don wanna b a fool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: