Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR Mock.2013.V007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: IaR Mock.2013.V007 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V007
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings/Restructures:
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Sam Shields (RFA)
Brad Jones
Tom Crabtree

Leaves via Free Agency:

Greg Jennings
Cedric Benson
Frank Zombo
Rob Francois
Donald Driver (retire)

AJ Hawk is traded for a conditional 2014 pick to the Giants. The pick is as low as a 5th (little to no playing time) and as high as a 2nd (pro bowl/all pro season). This move frees up the cap to resign Brad Jones. Jones is faster than Hawk and better in coverage which is what we want from the LB opposite Bishop. Jones gets something in the 4 years 18M range.

2013 Draft

With the 26th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 280
Position: DE
College: BYU

With the 58th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Travis Frederick
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 338
Position: OG/OC
College: Wisconsin

With the 90th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Markus Wheaton
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 183
Position: WR
College: Oregon State

With the 125th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Johnathan Franklin
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 201
Position: RB
College: UCLA

With the 131st overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Will Davis
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 182
Position: CB
College: Utah State

With the 160th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Zeke Motta
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 215
Position: FS
College: Notre Dame

With the 194th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Vance McDonald
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 262
Position: TE
College: Rice

With the 223rd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Tremayne Scott
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 257
Position: OLB
College: Ohio

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Last edited by I Am Rodgers on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mind Frame

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Ansah and Wheaton picks. Two of my favorites going into the draft.

Would be absolutely delighted to see them in Green Bay next year.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to see a Bond theme...

Frederick can't play C in the NFL. OG only.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post combine, I've got a tough time believing Ansah is on the board at 26. He's going to test well in shorts, and get overdrafted based on potential.

Not really a fan of Frederick. Seems better fit at guard, and seems to be better in a man blocking scheme.

Wheaton is always a solid mid-round selection.

Really like Franklin as a late-round selection.

I think you're mixing up Will Davis [CB; Utah State] with Knile Davis [RB; Arkansas]. Will Davis is a solid prospect though.

Motta is a good play.

Not familiar with Vance McDonald, and not sure Scott makes the team. But a decent developmental prospect.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Post combine, I've got a tough time believing Ansah is on the board at 26. He's going to test well in shorts, and get overdrafted based on potential.

Not really a fan of Frederick. Seems better fit at guard, and seems to be better in a man blocking scheme.

Wheaton is always a solid mid-round selection.

Really like Franklin as a late-round selection.

I think you're mixing up Will Davis [CB; Utah State] with Knile Davis [RB; Arkansas]. Will Davis is a solid prospect though.

Motta is a good play.

Not familiar with Vance McDonald, and not sure Scott makes the team. But a decent developmental prospect.

Woops on Davis. Didn't mix up with Knile though. I had Dennis Johnson there in a previous mock. Changed the height weight but not the position and school. Fixing.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very torn on this draft.

Love the Ansah pick, I think we're at the point where we can take a gamble on a guy like him but CWood made an excellent point. Can't help but think he's this year's Jarron Gilbert.

Frederick is a 3rd/4th at best. I'd completely avoid Wisconsin linemen in this draft actually; especially after last year.

The Wheaton pick is solid here, but I don't think WR is THAT big of a need, even with Jennings leaving. I wouldn't mind that pick here though.

Hate the Johnathan Franklin pick. I don't think he fits our scheme and we're going to be overloaded in the backfield if we draft him to be honest with you. DuJuan Harris basically eliminated the need for a RB IMHO.

Hate the Will Davis pick. The guy is really overrated and has a high ranking based on what he did this year. Go check out his write-up on CBS's site and you'll certainly change your mind.

LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zeke Motta pick. This is the kind of defender we need at the Safety position. Did you see that hit he had in the Nat'l Championship game? Need that, need that, need that on defense!

The Vance McDonald pick intrigues me because of his size but he's a bit slow.

The Tremayne Scott pick would be a great project pick. Sounds like he's had some injury concerns though.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I'm very torn on this draft.

Love the Ansah pick, I think we're at the point where we can take a gamble on a guy like him but CWood made an excellent point. Can't help but think he's this year's Jarron Gilbert.

Frederick is a 3rd/4th at best. I'd completely avoid Wisconsin linemen in this draft actually; especially after last year.
The Wheaton pick is solid here, but I don't think WR is THAT big of a need, even with Jennings leaving. I wouldn't mind that pick here though.

Hate the Johnathan Franklin pick. I don't think he fits our scheme and we're going to be overloaded in the backfield if we draft him to be honest with you. DuJuan Harris basically eliminated the need for a RB IMHO.

Hate the Will Davis pick. The guy is really overrated and has a high ranking based on what he did this year. Go check out his write-up on CBS's site and you'll certainly change your mind.

LOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Zeke Motta pick. This is the kind of defender we need at the Safety position. Did you see that hit he had in the Nat'l Championship game? Need that, need that, need that on defense!

The Vance McDonald pick intrigues me because of his size but he's a bit slow.

The Tremayne Scott pick would be a great project pick. Sounds like he's had some injury concerns though.

After last year? If you read from the teams that Konz and Zeitler, they were pleased with their performance this past year and fully expect them to make additional strides in year 2. I do not get that comment at all. I can agree that Frederick is likely only a back up for the Pack next year coming in, but to say avoid UW Linemen based on last year just does not jive with how Frederick and Konz are viewed by their current coaching staffs.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention arguably the best O-lineman in the NFL is from Wisconsin..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reasoning behind Frederick is two fold. One I think we see more man concepts going forward and two, we need g/c depth. He's one of the few I feel can fill in at both.

There is no reason to be fine with our rbdepth right now. I like Harris quite a bit, but we saw the same from Starks in 10. Starks is always banged up and Green is so so. Adding a back can't hurt and Franklin is my favorite of the round 3-5 types.

stallyns wrote:
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Frederick would be a great pick. We need to transition a bit to more of a power scheme. Cut blocks are on the verge of being outlawed, which is a staple in the ZBS. Frederick is an absolute ogre and with a brain like Stephen Hawking's.

And you know I love Ansah. Dude is at the tippy top of my wish list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
I think Frederick would be a great pick. We need to transition a bit to more of a power scheme. Cut blocks are on the verge of being outlawed, which is a staple in the ZBS. Frederick is an absolute ogre and with a brain like Stephen Hawking's.

Thoughts on the rest?

stallyns wrote:
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody loving Fredrick in the 2nd round needs to go watch some tape of the Rose Bowl where he was all but eaten alive.

I had not seen A good review of Konz and Carimi got killed in Chicago, so not a lot of Wis lineman love is warranted right now.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

Thoughts on the rest?

I really like Wheaton, but his measurables at the Senior Bowl weigh-in were a bit disappointing. Seems like a TT type of guy though.

I can live with Franklin. Don't love him, but I know he's your boy so I'll leave it alone. Smile

Will Davis has a lot of intriguing tools, tools that could translate really well to the league... he is a bit of a project though. Very raw and inconsistent right now, but with some coaching could be starting caliber. Nice Gary Andersen product!

Motta is on of the better later round safety options, so I can deal with that pick. I think we need a stud there rather than depth, but you can't do it all in one draft.

Vance is a nice rising prospect. Seems to be stepping up to the plate in the Senior Bowl with Kelce out with injury. Long arms, huge hands, aggressive blocker with enough athleticism and catching skills to be a balanced TE at the next level. Nice find.

Scott doesn't do a whole lot for me, but I do not know much about him if I'm being honest. Seems like an UDFA to me, but in the 7th who can complain?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, two things. One, UW's O-line was very suspect last year throughout the year, they were fortunate enough to turn it around a bit, but that doesn't do it for me. Secondly, I think Frederick in the 2nd is too early. If we're going O-line in the 2nd, we'd hope that Barrett Jones or DJ Fluker would be there, preferably Jones because it would eliminate the need to draft a Center. If Frederick were a 4th or 5th round pick I wouldn't mind it too much as long as we weren't overlooking someone valuable still on the board. We gotta be looking at starter caliber in the 2nd, not added depth.

The Will Davis pick would probably be the worst the more I look into it. He significantly improved last year, sure, but the negatives on him completely outweigh the positives and he would be yet another liability in zone coverage with questionable tackling technique. Personally, I'd like to see Blidi-Wreh Wilson or Logan Ryan taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

However, the best pick of this draft and the one that's surprisingly the least talked about is the Zeke Motta pick. The guy's a crusher and would be a great addition to a secondary in need of some physicality.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I value Motta's brain more than his physicality. Great adjustments/communication, something sorely needed here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: