Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How did the Titans view Kaep? Did VY hurt his chances?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I'm always cautious of crowning a player or condeming a player too soon.

We've seen too many players "flash" over a season or few games and everyone think they are H.O.F. only to burn out.
We've seen players start slowly only to move toward greatness as their career moved along.

Yes, QB's are different than they were even a few years ago, but the foundation and core principles remain the same.

The main question that I keep asking is what will RG3, Luck, Dalton, Kap..etc....do when the defense takes away their strength. Will they keep working hard and develop?
or
Will they do what "Mr. Longhorn" did....

I can at least vouch for RG3, Luck and Dalton's character and say that they will keep working hard to improve their game. I've watched RG3 frequently since his freshman year, Luck off and on during his Jr. and Sr. year, and Dalton frequently in his Sr. year. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen. I never had a chance to see any of Kap's games in college, so I can only assume that Kap will do the same based on what I've seen of him. I didn't know anything about Locker and had little interest in Newton. My prospects were Andy Dalton, Ricky Stanzi, TJ Yates, and then Colin Kaepernick (later on after I did some homework on him).

Mr. Longhorn was an immature prima dona with that "pre-prison" Michael Vick affect. He thought he could do it with his athleticism alone like in college, and greatness was just going to fall in his lap.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Loved Kaepernick and was very high on Dalton as well. Anyone who paid attention to Senior Bowl week probably did also. Thought Locker, Newton, and Gabbert were all overrated and would bust. Also did not think Ponder would make it.

Shocked Wow you must be god-like because almost all those things you predicted seem to be happening. Please apply for a Titans scout job. They need you.

Cam has been very good...

Not really. He's been highly inconsistent.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Django wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Loved Kaepernick and was very high on Dalton as well. Anyone who paid attention to Senior Bowl week probably did also. Thought Locker, Newton, and Gabbert were all overrated and would bust. Also did not think Ponder would make it.

Shocked Wow you must be god-like because almost all those things you predicted seem to be happening. Please apply for a Titans scout job. They need you.

It's obvious that you are just a Cam Newton hater based off this post and the one you replied with to me. I honestly don't see why you hate the guy so much.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Django wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

It's obvious that you are just a Cam Newton hater based off this post and the one you replied with to me. I honestly don't see why you hate the guy so much.

He's been alright. Million times better than Locker, but still not top 10. He still does have a lot of potential though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Django wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

He's been alright. Million times better than Locker, but still not top 10. He still does have a lot of potential though.

I agree. I don't think anyone was ever calling him top 10(at least I wasn't), I was just defending him being called an idiot on the first page. It was a tasteless comment.
Django

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I wasnt saying Cam was top 10 or anything.

Just for a 23 year old to have 40 td passes and 20+ td runs is impressive no matter how you slice it up.

He's got to keep improving though.

Back to Kaep..

It also needs to be brought up....He is getting coached by Harbaugh.

I do wonder how Locker would have developed if Harbaugh was coaching him. Jake is built similarly to Steve Young and is very athletic...(not saying he'd be that good)

But Harbaugh turned Alex Smith into a solid QB. The man knows what he's doing.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Shocked Wow you must be god-like because almost all those things came to happen. Please apply for a Titans scout job. They need you.

Jury is still out on Locker and Newton. Dalton may not end up being as good as I thought and Kaepernick is playing better than I expected so early. Anyone with eyes could tell you that about Gabbert and Ponder weren't starting caliber QBs and Newton didn't run a real offense at Auburn so he was up in the air. Locker's game against Nebraska in which he went 4 of 17 didn't speak volumes for him as an NFL QB.

I am terrible at grading QBs. Kaepernick and Dalton just stuck out as having far fewer flaws than the others.

Uhm.. How is the Jury still out on Newton??? You do realize he didn't have a bad year right???

You do realize if he had a better D then they wouldn't be in the same position right?
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
titanprodigy wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

I feel like that feeling was pretty consensus. Newton, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder we're all over hyped. Newton has surprised me since; however, at the time I thought Dalton and Stanzi would be the best of the class. Kaepernick was my 4th QB behind Newton, but just like Newton, he had the potential to be really good with the right coach.

Unlike Newton, I felt like Kaepernick had the brain to play NFL QB. I don't think Newton will ever reach top tier NFL QB. Middle of the pack is his ceiling.

Since when was Cam Newton considered dumb? That's a pretty ignorant comment to not know the guy. I know right now he went back to get his degree while most other players are out drinking and getting into accidents so I applaud him for that if anything. It seems like his head on screwed on tighter than some of these other players. You might can make the headcase scenario about some people but Newton was always a good leader, and a great face at Auburn because he never overhyped himself and started bragging.

You can't be serious? Next your going to say Newton is the most humble player in the NFL. The guy is a joke and the furthest thing from a leader. If he was so damn great, they'd have more wins. And don't use the excuse of the talent isn't there because there's teams with less talent that were just in the playoffs. RG3 and Luck are examples of great leaders on bad teams around them but still made the playoffs. Never overhyped himself? Laughing You've got to be kidding. He's the most arrogant player in the league.

yea yea yea yea yea......

There's something called "A Defense" .. Too many of you excuse the fact that the defense gives up close leads and expect a QB to come out and score 30 odd points every week.

That's crazy.

If you really think Cam Newton is an avg quarterback, then you really need to take a look at some games.

They should allow him to grow and throw the ball more.. the guy is good, we all know that.

He's #19 in Pass Attempts. All the "Top" Quarterbacks had many more attempts than Cam.

Everyone wants to say Luck is better because he had more yards and crap...

Rookie Seasons compared ---

Luck also had 110 more pass attempts during the regular season than Newton and only 323 more yards. About 2.93 yards per pass when you do the math.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newton is not a great QB and never will be. You don't go from a one read and run, pouting on the sidelines or showing off because you scored a touchdown when you're team is down by 21 points in the 4th... to being the base of a franchise.

You can argue the defense all you want, but Luck was asked to do more in his first year than Newton will ever be asked to do. Luck has almost the same team that nearly went winless last year and he was in the playoffs.

Newton can have all of the yards and stats that he wants, but he still has a long way to go. If you think that Newton has proven himself as a top QB then we'll have to agree to disagree, but I will forever throw out any other opinions you have one quarterbacks.

If you're going to argue that he is intelligent because he wen't back to school.. Well what did Vince Young do? That proves a lot.

The same high-character guy you all are talking about is the same player deemed Scam Newton that was kicked off of the Florida team for stealing computers.

To each his own.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Newton is not a great QB and never will be. You don't go from a one read and run, pouting on the sidelines or showing off because you scored a touchdown when you're team is down by 21 points in the 4th... to being the base of a franchise.

You can argue the defense all you want, but Luck was asked to do more in his first year than Newton will ever be asked to do. Luck has almost the same team that nearly went winless last year and he was in the playoffs.

Newton can have all of the yards and stats that he wants, but he still has a long way to go. If you think that Newton has proven himself as a top QB then we'll have to agree to disagree, but I will forever throw out any other opinions you have one quarterbacks.

If you're going to argue that he is intelligent because he wen't back to school.. Well what did Vince Young do? That proves a lot.

The same high-character guy you all are talking about is the same player deemed Scam Newton that was kicked off of the Florida team for stealing computers.

To each his own.

Who are you responding to? I never said anything about Intelligence because he went to college.... Read my post.. What are you talking about?

Luck may have been asked to do more, but that's all about coaching.. Did you really just say this to support an argument? lol

I never said he was a Top 5 or Top 10 QB.. and he may never be.. But don't sit here and discredit his work like he's in the middle of the pack when its obvious the kid has what it takes to be elite..

I'm starting to think you only watch Highlight Reels & Listen to people who don't like him. Because it seems you have no clue what you're talking about.

How about we try to have a debate while being a tad bit less biased and avoid forcing irrelevant points to try to make an actual point.

You totally ignore his stats, ignoring his PERFORMANCE to downplay it.

Defense plays an important part when they give up the lead late in the game way too often. I guess that means nothing because a GREAT QB will ALWAYS bring his team back to score a touchdown in 5 Minutes.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to draft EJ Manul. The next V.Y
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:

Laughing You never cease to amaze me.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

To each his own.

Who are you responding to? I never said anything about Intelligence because he went to college.... Read my post.. What are you talking about?

Luck may have been asked to do more, but that's all about coaching.. Did you really just say this to support an argument? lol

I never said he was a Top 5 or Top 10 QB.. and he may never be.. But don't sit here and discredit his work like he's in the middle of the pack when its obvious the kid has what it takes to be elite..

I'm starting to think you only watch Highlight Reels & Listen to people who don't like him. Because it seems you have no clue what you're talking about.

How about we try to have a debate while being a tad bit less biased and avoid forcing irrelevant points to try to make an actual point.

You totally ignore his stats, ignoring his PERFORMANCE to downplay it.

Defense plays an important part when they give up the lead late in the game way too often. I guess that means nothing because a GREAT QB will ALWAYS bring his team back to score a touchdown in 5 Minutes.

Was not a direct response to any one person. Maybe read the entire thread if you want to see others points and who I responded to.

Someone else compared him to Luck, so I offered my comparison. Luck is asked to do more because he is a more capable QB.

I offered various instances as to why I do not think he will succeed. Stats aside. He is middle of the pack right now. That's solely based on stats alone. Yards he was 13th. TDs he's 21st. Average.

You're saying it's his defenses fault. I'm sorry that 10th in yards/gm and 18th in PPG isn't good enough to win 7 games with this great QB.

You can't argue that he's good because his stats are good and then argue that his defense is bad when their stats are good. Lol. Did you really even think that through?

All you did was try to insult me, say I don't know what I'm talking about, and say "look at his stats".

Who is the biased one here? You're the homer. Not I.
derekfelty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

What? Why?
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
derekfelty wrote:

What? Why?

Because you suggested drafting a player that you think is the "next VY." Why the hell would anybody want that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: