Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sean Lee or NaVorro Bowman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one do you take?
Bowman
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Lee
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
matt79511 wrote:
Would they really have taken Lee AND Bowman back-to-back? I find that a little hard to believe.

Bowman was their #20 player on the board. At #90 he was far and away the top rated player the Cowboys had left. If that was the case, they better take him.

Just felt like Lee was a luxury pick for a team questionable in other places (which obviously wasn't accurate but how I felt at the time), and Bowman would've been even more so. But yeah, can't pass on your #20 guy at #90.

I'm not a Jared Odrick fan, so I guess the key becomes the 2011 second rounder: who do they take instead of Bruce Carter? Off the top of my head the only other thing I remember them considering with that pick was a trade-up for Mark Ingram (Ew!).

Football Mensa wrote:
Let's take it a step further. If Lee can't play 16 games in 2013 would you resign him? I would not. He would cost too much for 6-8 games a year.

Well, wouldn't health concerns drive his price down? I doubt he costs near as much as Bowman did. In fact, this is clearly a buy-low opportunity for Dallas- extend him now before he starts playing like an All-Pro again.

I do worry about his health, but 6-8 games a year? He played 14 as a rook and 15 as a soph (although he quite nearly had season ending wrist surgery). Each year, he's had one injury ranging in severity- ACL in college, hamstring in 2010, wrist in 2011 and foot in 2012. Not saying that he'll be able to avoid his yearly malady going forward, but he's not a Felix type that ends every game with a nick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: