Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Prospects Thread V
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shariff Floyd will probably be the first DT/5-tech in the draft. Wouldn't be a terrible pick for us.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:

I literally can't wrap my brain around who I love the most for our top pick. Clearly trading down is much easier said than done, so I almost have to leave that out of the equation. Will it be a Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan? Will it be a Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher? Will it be a Demontre Moore or Bark Mingo or Bjoern Werner? Who would make the most impact for us for years to come? It's a tough call at this point in time, so hopefully the combine can help to shed some light on that inquiry (although you can't discount game tape even with a good or bad combine showing). I do know, however, that I don't want Dee Milliner or Eugene Smith at #4. That much is for sure, just to me of course.

The only people I am good with at #4 overall are Joeckel, Fisher, and maybe Werner if he impresses me at the combine.
I want to trade back more than anything tho. Hopefully #4 overall looks more enticing to teams after the combine.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/eagles-g-m-combine-wont-do-much-to-change-the-draft-board/
Quote:
Roseman added that the Eagles’ scouts have already watched a lot of tape on a lot of college players, and that he doesn’t want to allow one fast 40-yard dash to outweigh what they’ve seen players produce on the field.
Quote:
“It really shouldn’t change drastically,” Roseman said. “I think some of the problems you get into is you get into the Senior Bowl, you get into the Combine and all of a sudden your board changes drastically. It’s got to be back on the tape.”
Quote:
Roseman says the Eagles will pick the best players available, rather than drafting for need.

eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/19/eagles-g-m-combine-wont-do-much-to-change-the-draft-board/
Quote:
Roseman added that the Eagles’ scouts have already watched a lot of tape on a lot of college players, and that he doesn’t want to allow one fast 40-yard dash to outweigh what they’ve seen players produce on the field.
Quote:
“It really shouldn’t change drastically,” Roseman said. “I think some of the problems you get into is you get into the Senior Bowl, you get into the Combine and all of a sudden your board changes drastically. It’s got to be back on the tape.”
Quote:
Roseman says the Eagles will pick the best players available, rather than drafting for need.

Good post. Even better news to hear.
SiLo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Finally

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

YES. FINALLY.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PowerElite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combine means more than the tape. Twisted Evil

Seriously, unless you have an accurate grasp upon the individual abilities of the opponent a prospect went against in college, you need the combine to add the roof to the building. The tape is the foundation and the combine is the roof/ceiling. Just how high is it? JJ Watt is a prime example. His numbers were so off the charts at the combine, never seen before numbers, you certainly couldn't look at his game tape and predict that he'd be what he is today. So now you take his numbers and Julio Jones' numbers and build a foundation for "reaching" on potential. Both of those guys had the tape, but their off the charts combines may warrant future prospects in the same position to be looked upon as locks to be top 5 "reaches" instead of guys that may or may not be top 10 picks.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
justo wrote:
Rodgers arm was a knock. I can pull up a bunch of thread like this
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=442464&start=60
that state the opposite of what you guys said and pull up people comparing Geno to Rodgers. Not sure why you guys are catching feels. Ask anyone in Packers forum what Rodgers big knock was. They will say height or arm 50/50.

no dude his arm was awesome and has always been awesome... your simply wrong on this one... cause a couple guys in the packers forum are making things up GTFO here with that.. when searching the internet i cant find anything that backs up what your saying while i find source after backing up what we are saying...

dude wasnt big with a big arm get over it cause its a FACT.

I also can't find one person who is comparing Smith to Rogers but have seen at least 2 analysts give him a Sam Bradford comp.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is the same mindset Howie had when he selected Danny Watkins. All this means is our pick could be anybody.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Greenberry, K Fackrell, R Mueller, S Mouhon, E McCarthy
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is the same mindset Howie had when he selected Danny Watkins. All this means is our pick could be anybody.

Na Bro...Howie had nothing to do with anything before the 2012 draft Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you're saying the pick could be anybody?

nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a decent analogy PE...the only thing to consider is does said individual fit into the overall scheme of things. How is the coaching staff going to use him and his skillset effectively?

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you're saying the pick could be anybody?

I was joking, that's the BS Lurie was selling about Howie at the end of the season.

I think it could be anyone in a narrowed down group, but at #4 they have a decent idea of what they are looking at.

The Watkins pick was the result of the lockout and somebody falling in love with him in the eagles FO. I hope Stoutland can get something out of him this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it could still be anybody.

But hopefully we're done taking the Bryan Smiths and the Te'o Neseims of the drafts. There's no way in HELL they were BPA. They were BRA, best reach available.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: