Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This makes no sense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: This makes no sense Reply with quote

William Moore - DB - Falcons
ESPN's Adam Schefter calls impending free agent SS William Moore a "prime candidate" for the Falcons' franchise tag.
A three-year starter and cornerstone of the Falcons' secondary, Moore is hoping to test his value on the open market. He might not get there. The tentative franchise tag number for safeties in 2013 is a relatively inexpensive $6.798 million. The Falcons could very well slap Moore with the tag and the evaluate the situation in 2014 -- when he'll be entering his age-29 season.
Source: ESPN.com Jan 30 - 11:37 AM

Hope Adam is off here and TD doesn't do that . Beyond stupid
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD is going to try and do what he did with Grimes. offer to re-sign him. If he balks at it, then slap him with the tag. But I see Moore signing a deal.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: This makes no sense Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter calls impending free agent SS William Moore a "prime candidate" for the Falcons' franchise tag.

Sorry Swift, but why? I don't see what is so stupid about it.

Moore is very good when healthy but has injury concerns. A 1 year prove-it deal makes some sense doesn't it?

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
Swift924

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: This makes no sense Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Moore is very good when healthy but has injury concerns. A 1 year prove-it deal makes some sense doesn't it?

7 million against the cap
Injury prone
Gives Moore leverage in any contract talk

I am all for signing Moore , to a deal similar to Decoud . If he wants to test open market so be it we lose him in free agency we get a comp pick
I want no part of bringing Moore back under franchise tag of 7 million
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man is the cornerstone of our secondary, explain to me why you don't think he's worth using the Franchise Tag..? Of not even 7 million nonetheless, wasn't Grimes almost twice that? and he didn't even play through one game this season

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: This makes no sense Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
DrawABlank wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

7 million against the cap
Injury prone
Gives Moore leverage in any contract talk

I am all for signing Moore , to a deal similar to Decoud . If he wants to test open market so be it we lose him in free agency we get a comp pick
I want no part of bringing Moore back under franchise tag of 7 million

Contrary to popular belief, or maybe just yours, safety's of moore's caliber don't just grow on trees. Getting a 4th in place of him is absolutely horrible. Just ridiculous someone would think that would be. Good idea...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: