Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dj Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Dj Williams Reply with quote

It seems that the Packers have a lot of depth at TE. This could make Dj Williams an easy trade. I think it would be a good idea to trade for him. He is a good receiver and has shown he can block. He was drafted when Philbin was in GB and could end up being traded here

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6523/dj-williams

ESPN Milwaukee wonders if TE D.J. Williams fits into the Packers' plans.
Williams, a 2011 fifth-round pick, caught just seven passes for 57 yards in his sophomore season and was a healthy inactive down the stretch. He was deemed a solid pass-catching tight end coming out of Arkansas, but height questions -- 6-foot-2 -- have been a talking point. Williams, as it sits right now, is fourth on the depth chart.

UniversalAuthor
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man did I love this kid coming out of college...I'd enjoy getting him on our squad.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Oh man did I love this kid coming out of college...I'd enjoy getting him on our squad.

It wouldn't hurt at all. The Packers obviously are not overly excited to use him since they have 3 TEs over him. I hope Miami goes after him. He can be our Hback

UniversalAuthor
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may get knocked for this, but I don't think he offers us anymore than what Clay could give us if used properly. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
I may get knocked for this, but I don't think he offers us anymore than what Clay could give us if used properly. Just my two cents.

Thought the same thing......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked him coming out as well and it wouldnt hurt. I know we may have had a major whiff on Egnew as that flex joker TE but I really like what I see from Jordan Reed from florida. Reed and Hernandez are both from connecticut both went to florida and workout together. Reed patterns his game after him and has great athletisism and run after the catch ability for a tight end, of course can he become a effective blocker is the million dollar question.From where we are slotted I dont see eifert or ertz as options.
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with this. DJ Williams has more experience as a traditional inline blocker though. Clay has more experience in the backfield, even carried the ball a little bit. I think Clay is a touch more athletic, more smooth...but I think DJ Williams has more consistent hands and runs better routes. It's close though.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:

No reason to get knocked for that. It's your opinion. Even though your opinion is wrong Laughing kidding

You may be right there. It would give us another TE to help. Right now all we have is Clay and Egnew is a giant ?

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: