Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Week Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting mock by a big guy covering the Chiefs for decades - taking into account only those players active during the Senior Bowl week:

1st-round: OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan) – Certainly not a sexy choice but Fisher is the only player worthy of consideration for the draft’s first selection.

2nd-round: QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse) – This might be a stretch and there is a very good chance Nassib will be selected before pick No. 34. But if he were there, the ‘Cuse QB is the perfect choice.

3rd-round: WR Marquise Goodwin (Texas) – Sheer speed and athletic ability would make him an immediate factor in the Chiefs offense and as a returner.

4th-round: DT Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern) – He’s not as athletic as Dontari Poe, but Williams has the skills to be able to contribute as a rookie on the nose of the 3-4 defense. If his approach is the same on game day as we saw in Mobile, he can be a contributor.

5th-round: WR Chris Harper (Kansas State) – He’s not as big as Jon Baldwin, nor does he have a highlight reel of one-handed catches. But Harper may be a better all-around receiver than Baldwin right now. He might last this long because he does not have top end speed or big statistical seasons; in the Wildcats ’12 season, he had 58 receptions for 857 yards and 3 TDs.

6th-round: TE Ryan Otten (San Jose State) – Considering the injury history of Tony Moeaki and Kevin Boss, a tight end is needed who can be a threat as a receiver. Otten can do that (47 catches for 742 yards in ’12) and block as well.

7th-round: FB Kyle Juszczyk (Harvard) – A couple years ago the Chiefs drafted FB Shane Bannon out of Yale with a pick in the final round. Juszczyk has a lot more to offer in an offense that likely will use the FB in a manner different than what we’ve seen the last four seasons. He had 52 catches for 706 yards and 8 TDs in ’12.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Trufant plays lights out today, is he an option at the top of the second round (assuming he lasts till then)

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the idea of doing a Senior Bowl only mock, so here's my shot at it.

#1 - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas - I'm still leaning Geno here, but of the guys at the Senior Bowl, he stood out the most at the position, and is the only one that makes sense for us IMO.

#2 - Khaseem Greene, ILB, Rutgers - A bit undersized for the 3-4, but the guy is rangy, physical, and has great coverage instincts (former safety). Many think we need a thumper, but I'm with AH86, DJ is our thumper.

#3A - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA - Really impressed me this week. He's a tweener according to Mayock, but I think he's a perfect fit as a 3-4 DE in a one gap scheme. He looked good coming off the edge as well as inside, showing good versatility.

#3B - Shawn Williams, SS, Georgia - I've been high on this guy for a while. He had a very good week, and had the hit of the week. He can be our in the box type, and let Berry go to FS, but he's also good enough in coverage to cover back's and most TE's.

#4 - Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana - The guy has looked like the best CB not named Trufant this week. He's a little raw, but the talent and instincts are all there. He's a little old, soon to be 25, and a bit under-sized at 185lbs, and that's why he's still available here.

#5 - Kyle Long, OT, Oregon - Great size and good athleticism. Raw as he's only played one season, but has the talent to at least be good depth. And good bloodlines as Howie Long's son.

#6 - Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - Great blocking TE, and a good receiver, if not very dynamic in that arena.

#7 - Kyle Juszyck, FB, Harvard - Very versatile FB that reminds me of Peyton Hillis, but a better blocker IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
If Trufant plays lights out today, is he an option at the top of the second round (assuming he lasts till then)

He's probably moved into a late first as the #2-3 CB taken based off of a great practice week.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

He's probably moved into a late first as the #2-3 CB taken based off of a great practice week.

Don't put too much stock in today's game. Draft stock really won't change despite how players perform, barring injury.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:

Don't put too much stock in today's game. Draft stock really won't change despite how players perform, barring injury.

Von Miller went from a mid-late first rounder in most people's eyes to #2 overall.

I guess if you're point is the pro's won't change their opinions much based on this week, you're right, but for us average folks here in Murica, this week allows us to see what these guys can really do and help us figure those things out.

Trufant was probably already considered a first round talent guy by the pro's, we're just now figuring that out.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Glennon not in contention first overall after today?
Rumless

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Mike Glennon not in contention first overall after today?

He wasn't in contention in the first place, unless you have faith in ESPN's scouting department.

kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for Joeckel in the first, (still keep Albert) EJ Manuel in the 2nd, Give me Alex Smith in a trade for a late round pick. In free agency Resign Bowe, then sign Jennings and Seymour...Championship!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U guys onto E.J. now? I will say he has been underrated in these forums (and in here also) but be careful of going too far one way or the other off of the offseason workouts/games.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
U guys onto E.J. now? I will say he has been underrated in these forums (and in here also) but be careful of going too far one way or the other off of the offseason workouts/games.

I'm sure I'll see a mock with the Chiefs taking him #1 overall. Smith, Wilson, Glennon, Nassib... bound to happen.

And no. No thanks.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

He's right there with some of the others at the top like Geno and Wilson, and if you think Glennon is there. He's got the talent, flashes great ability at times, but is very inconsistent.

I really want someone to take at #1, as I think everyone does. The problem is no one is rising to the top. This week didn't do much to clear up the mess. Many of the exact criticisms of each guy came out during the week. I think the one thing this week might have accomplished is clarify just how average this class is.

They kept trying to compare guys to Kaepernick or Dalton, but the thing is those guys actually played great for the most part at the Senior Bowl. No one here did that.

I think no matter what, we need to look at getting a solid stop gap, and at least not hitch our wagons to anyone in this years draft. That doesn't mean you don't take a chance, it just means don't reach on someone, and don't let any investment this year keep you from taking another shot next year.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that about 90% + scouts leave before the Senior Bowl game. That is literally how unimportant the game is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
It's funny that about 90% + scouts leave before the Senior Bowl game. That is literally how unimportant the game is.

It's not that it's meaningless, it's that they can watch it on tape later, and in a controlled environment.

You may ask then why are they there all week, and it's so they can conduct interviews. Once the window on interviews closes, why hang around?

Ever notice how when they show coaches in the stands, most are talking and joking around? Practice isn't really important either, at least not to see in person.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

It's not that it's meaningless, it's that they can watch it on tape later, and in a controlled environment.

You may ask then why are they there all week, and it's so they can conduct interviews. Once the window on interviews closes, why hang around?

Ever notice how when they show coaches in the stands, most are talking and joking around? Practice isn't really important either, at least not to see in person.

I 110% disagree. That is wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: