Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Week Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't Long have a longer injury report than Albert? And I would have to believe that he would cost much more than Albert because he's the hot name, the top draft pick, even if his play hasn't been that much better than BA's.

Also I really hope we resign BA, but honestly I would rather keep Bowe and then draft BA's replacement. I know I am probably in the minority there. Ideally we can resign both though. I am still on that hope train!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Rumless wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:
that NFLOsophy guy tweeted that KC is gonna try to address LT in FA but will not re-sign Albert.To me that's stupid.Why go after another LT when you've already got a great one in house?

Money

hinting that Albert may have back issues

If we could land Jake Long how huge of a splash would that be?

how much would that cost though? Then what do we do with #1 if we don't take QB or Joeckel? Star? He's the only other option that makes any sense whatsoever, but I'm not really wanting to take him. Worst year for #1 pick of all time. We need to just take whoever we like between Wilson and Geno.

Jake Long will likely be looking for a big contract and I would hate to break the bank. I would hope Albert checks out medically and we can re-sign him. I would hate to break the bank for Long. Maybe, just maybe we can slide down a couple of spots, get a second rounder in return (below market, I know but might be the best we could get to move down a bit) and still grab Wilson.

If/when Wilson emerges as the top QB prospect, we won't be able to trade down and get him.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Doesn't Long have a longer injury report than Albert? And I would have to believe that he would cost much more than Albert because he's the hot name, the top draft pick, even if his play hasn't been that much better than BA's.

Also I really hope we resign BA, but honestly I would rather keep Bowe and then draft BA's replacement. I know I am probably in the minority there. Ideally we can resign both though. I am still on that hope train!

Unless.....and this is a BIG if, Donald Stephenson shows enough to get a shot at LT. I am not sure I am completely comfortable with that at this point though. All things considered, I would prefer re-signing Albert.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Flexx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:

Are you not the one who said it would be a waste of a pick to take a replacement for Albert?
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:

There are actually several potential UFA options at OT like Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer, and Jermon Bushrod. I'm not going to say all or any are better then BA, but that's some pretty deep talent at the position, that's usually not there in UFA.

If let's say Albert wants $9-10MM per year, would it not make better sense, to maybe get Bushrod for $5MM/yr on a 2yr deal, and let Stephenson develop (get evaluated by current staff) then spend twice as much on Albert? Is Albert twice as much better then Bushrod, and Stephenson's potential? I'd say he's worth maybe $8MM per year, but $10MM would be a lot for a very good, but not elite LT.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

There are actually several potential UFA options at OT like Long, Ryan Clady, Sebastian Vollmer, and Jermon Bushrod. I'm not going to say all or any are better then BA, but that's some pretty deep talent at the position, that's usually not there in UFA.

If let's say Albert wants $9-10MM per year, would it not make better sense, to maybe get Bushrod for $5MM/yr on a 2yr deal, and let Stephenson develop (get evaluated by current staff) then spend twice as much on Albert? Is Albert twice as much better then Bushrod, and Stephenson's potential? I'd say he's worth maybe $8MM per year, but $10MM would be a lot for a very good, but not elite LT.

I see what you are saying. But this reminds me of the Brandon carr/ Stanford Routt situation last year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

I see what you are saying. But this reminds me of the Brandon carr/ Stanford Routt situation last year.

The problem with the Carr situation is that Pioli let him get to free agency. Carr was one of those players that Pioli could have identified as an ascending player prior to his final rookie contract year and pushed for a value extension. Carr took his play to the next level and hit the market which put him out of reach contractually considering Flowers is already making a ton of money. Pioli seems to have done the same thing with Albert.

Belichick showed some flexibility in extending his tight ends based on continued projectable ascension.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

Except we had no one of Stephenson's talent or investment as a future option. It was Routt, and that's it.

I don't love the idea of letting Albert Walk. Ideally we re-sign Bowe or a suitable replacement like Jennings, tag Albert, and now he's the insurance to see if Stephenson is the guy. That has the added bonus of seeing how his back progresses over the year. IMO, Bowe is more important to Albert's presence here next year then Albert himself.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Romeo left a bag of cheetos in the office and Andy ate them. You're welcome, world.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
So... Romeo left a bag of cheetos in the office and Andy ate them. You're welcome, world.

I'm loving the way Andy and Dorsey are with the fans and media so far.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

Are you not the one who said it would be a waste of a pick to take a replacement for Albert?

Yes that was me and I still believe that to a fairly high degree. However Albert would be much easier to replace than Bowe and I believe Bowe is more important to our team.

If we lose Bowe we have Breaston (who was inactive and could possibly resurface), Baldwin (who has done nothing) and a bunch of unproven no names in all honesty. Without Bowe our WR corps is abysmal.

If we let Albert go we have several options to replace him with Donald Stephenson (like others have said, not too fond of this idea), but also several FA's, and actually probably 2 LT in the draft we can take a pick from.

Don't get me wrong I want Albert to stay and I really hope we can resign him, but Bowe would be the harder of the two to replace. Therefore IMO if we only have money to sign one, I'm signing Bowe because I believe he makes more sense to our team financially.
Flexx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Flexx wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

Yes that was me and I still believe that to a fairly high degree. However Albert would be much easier to replace than Bowe and I believe Bowe is more important to our team.

If we lose Bowe we have Breaston (who was inactive and could possibly resurface), Baldwin (who has done nothing) and a bunch of unproven no names in all honesty. Without Bowe our WR corps is abysmal.

If we let Albert go we have several options to replace him with Donald Stephenson (like others have said, not too fond of this idea), but also several FA's, and actually probably 2 LT in the draft we can take a pick from.

Don't get me wrong I want Albert to stay and I really hope we can resign him, but Bowe would be the harder of the two to replace. Therefore IMO if we only have money to sign one, I'm signing Bowe because I believe he makes more sense to our team financially.
OK. Understand you better, still don't agree but know how you feel. One thing though, in my mind the fact that you say "faily high degree', you stiil don't really want an OT in draft or just not in the 1st. Well, again OK. However, IMO, don't see any OB worth the 1st pick and I don't think that will change. To me the only logical choice is OT(probably Joeckel, although Fisher looked very good in Senior Practices), unless and I see this as a real choice, is try and trade down and then maybe take a QB, if out of top ten that is.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Gretz did his Senior Bowl ranking of QB today - and I think it's interesting to say the least. In brackets the round he suggests that guy is going to be picked.

1 - E.J. Manuel (1st)
2 - Ryan Nassib (late 1st/high 2nd)
3 - Tyler Wilson (late 1st/high 2nd)
4 - Zac Dysert (late 2nd/high third)
5 - Mike Glennon (3rd)
6 - Landry Jones (3rd)

But he suggests that some of the guys may be overdrafted due to lack of top talent. The biggest spread in opinion obviously is about Mike Glennon - who's physical traits may prompt some teams to consider him significantly higher (may be even 1st)
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Bob Gretz did his Senior Bowl ranking of QB today - and I think it's interesting to say the least. In brackets the round he suggests that guy is going to be picked.

1 - E.J. Manuel (1st)
5 - Mike Glennon (3rd)
6 - Landry Jones (3rd)

But he suggests that some of the guys may be overdrafted due to lack of top talent. The biggest spread in opinion obviously is about Mike Glennon - who's physical traits may prompt some teams to consider him significantly higher (may be even 1st)

Gretz is no scout. Wilson will go top 10. Manuel is maybe a 2nd rounder.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

1 - E.J. Manuel (1st)
5 - Mike Glennon (3rd)
6 - Landry Jones (3rd)

Gretz is no scout. Wilson will go top 10. Manuel is maybe a 2nd rounder.

Yeah Gretz is an absolute moron. Tons of scouts have been saying Wilson was by far the best qb at the Senior Bowl. How the hell did he come up with EJ as #1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: