Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
for RB we need to get Jawan Jamison from Rutgers....reminds me a lot of ray rice/doug martin

Quizz and Jamison would be a great 1-2 punch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Cl8q78k14

Jamison does not impress me much. Doesn't really remind of of Doug Martin or Ray Rice at all considering Rice/Martin were great between the tackles runners. Jamison looks too small to be an every down back which is what we need. His production was also terrible playing in a mid level conference.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:
for RB we need to get Jawan Jamison from Rutgers....reminds me a lot of ray rice/doug martin

Quizz and Jamison would be a great 1-2 punch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Cl8q78k14

Hi SpoonFed

I'd like to learn more about Jamison, because I have to admit I'm mystified as to the appeal. I will admit that I've only seen 1 Rutgers game this year (the Bowl game vs VT), and the only other thing I've seen is the draftbreakdown "complete" game vs ARK.

But I see a smaller back who is very good in the passing game (both as a receiver and in protection) but who lacks the vision decisiveness and physical ability to be a real threat on early downs. He averaged only 4.2 ypc for this year (4.05 ypc career), and in the Big East (not exactly the SEC)

When we have Jacquizz on the roster as a small 3rd down type back with some between the tackles ability, why would we look at Jamison rather than a Taylor, Gilleslee or Christine Michael?

----

Back on topic - nice offseason JQ. Not entirely convinced a FA DE is the right direction (although Avril is a nice player) and I hate Geathers that high, but I wouldn't complain too much if we went in this direction.

I just think that we need immediate impact from the DE position, and I don't want a rookie to be thrust into the role, especially if we pick Ansah. I know everyone has a bad taste in their mouths from Ray Edwards, but he was truly a beneficiary of his d-line teammates and a no work ethic bum.

If the Avril signing is viewed negatively because of the price tag, I think we could sign Dwight Freeney for much cheaper.

Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geathers is a waste..NFL scouts love the size but his strength is a joke. He will be drafted just on size and be a wasted pick..
henry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post my own off season, but when I saw this it was too close to mine.

let Grimes walk, cut Turner & Jerry

ufa's - resign Baker,Moore
add Glenn Dorsey & Peyton Hillis (the thunder to Rodgers lightening)

draft:
1 Ansah
2 Ertz (te) trade our 2 & 3 to move up for him
4 Ryan Swope (wr) not a fan of Douglass
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Geathers is a waste..NFL scouts love the size but his strength is a joke. He will be drafted just on size and be a wasted pick..

Strength is something that can very easily be brought up to speed with an offseason or two of NFL training programs.

Let's see how his combine numbers fare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: