Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Akers: I was three inches from a perfect day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: David Akers: I was three inches from a perfect day Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Timeout!

I finally just read the quote that started this thread off, and I think there's a more shocking development going on here:

Quote:
I felt really good going out and kicking the ball. I thought it would come in a little bit more. Again, it’s just one of those things I just keep scratching my head.”

Question Question Question Question Question

Was he expecting wind in a dome??????

He's like me when I play golf... I try to predict my slice and over-correct... then I just hit it straight... in the woods.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: David Akers: I was three inches from a perfect day Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Timeout!

I finally just read the quote that started this thread off, and I think there's a more shocking development going on here:

Quote:
I felt really good going out and kicking the ball. I thought it would come in a little bit more. Again, it’s just one of those things I just keep scratching my head.”

When you kick it usually has a type of bend to it. Like golf it can slice or hook and since Akers is a lefty and it hit the left post he obviously was hoping it would hook more.

One side not if it was a 39 yarder and not a 38 it would have missed by alot more than 3 inches. Unacceptable, are we allowed to sign someone before the superbowl?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: David Akers: I was three inches from a perfect day Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Timeout!

Quote:

When you kick it usually has a type of bend to it. Like golf it can slice or hook and since Akers is a lefty and it hit the left post he obviously was hoping it would hook more.

One side not if it was a 39 yarder and not a 38 it would have missed by alot more than 3 inches. Unacceptable, are we allowed to sign someone before the superbowl?

What troubles me is that Akers didn't seem to be aiming right down the middle. He wasn't 3 inches to the left... he was several FEET to the left of the middle.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: