Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, it's now the guys who would cover those receivers on the other side of the ball for us. We're slowly improving our results with drafting DB's. We hit on Collins from 2005-2009 and that was it. Since then, we've hit on Burnett and Hayward while winning on a gamble with Shields. Let's see if we can improve upon that this year.
JDpacks_5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was nice alot more pop, i guess some of these guys were just rusting from not playin in pads for a while.

Terrence Williams WR Baylor showed up, dominated in all aspects. He was able to block, beat his man and finish the play with a catch, good stuff. Would love to have as a Packer I think he would be a perfect compliment to this offensive but I know we have other needs but that kid will be a star if he can show he can be consistent.

Alex Okafor DE UT got his man card back today but he showed he isnt going to be the best 3-4LB but he will do good for teams lookin for a speed DE. He doesnt have quick twitch ablity but he is Strong and big, and has enough speed to play in the NFL. He will go in the first but wouldnt be surprised to see him fall to the 2nd.

Markus Wheaton WR ORE ST is Balling i love this kid, he just made every DB out there look like they were playing in sand. His size is the only thing holding him back.

Desmond Trufant DB WASH ok I see you. He had a bounce back day today. He by far has the best feet in the draft class, He isnt afraid to compete or get in your face but i just want to continue to see the physicality, plus his long speed could be lacking but put a safety over the top and allow him to be aggressive he will thrive.

Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan looking like he could go top 10 knocking on top 5 so i wont expand on him he will be long gone.

Lane Johnson OT OKLA wow if he runs a 4.7 at the combine O.O that would be insane. Will be a bookend LT for years. Top 20 worthy if he is there and we pass on him I will have to personally hunt down TT to make sure he still has a pulse but ultimately he wont be there but i will keep my fingers crossed.

Phillip Thomas FS Fres St to me is my #1 safety big kid 6-1 211LBs and he is very rangy. Not a big hitter but he will get you down Reminds me so much of Morgan Burnett. If he is there in the 2nd i would love to pair him with but i would move him to FS and Morgan to his more natural position SS.

This guy from Marshall Aaron Dobson WR is a sleeper im diggin, has the body has the hands, if he runs good he will be lookin like a day 1 guy.

Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech is good, was catching everything that went his way, whether it was in traffic whatever. If his hands were on the ball he came down with it. Curious to see what he runs.

Brian Schwenke C CAL , I'm ready to grab him in the 1st right now (mostly because the packers need a C BAD) but really he is by far the best Senior C in this class.

Later I will elaborate on the guys I felt underperformed but for now, felt this was needed not much talk on here, I'm a little disappointed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Thomas, Dobson, Wheaton and Patton are all guys that I would be thrilled to end up with.

You really think Dobson has a shot to go round 1? Shocked Or are you talking old-school draft Day 1?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Good stuff. Thomas, Dobson, Wheaton and Patton are all guys that I would be thrilled to end up with.

You really think Dobson has a shot to go round 1? Or are you talking old-school draft Day 1?

Slipped my mind about the new format, thought Round 1 and 2 were still day 1, but no at this point I dont see him sneaking into Round 1 but there are alot of teams looking for the #2 type WR and he has that written all over him. I think the Bengals might try and pursue him in the 2nd RD to match with AJ Green. Dobson is creeping up boards though. He constantly made plays against every DB he went against including the highly toted Desmond Trufant. He just has to show he has wheels to get away from NFL cailber DBs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Dobson was in one or two of my earlier mock drafts. Great blend of size, speed and great hands. That incredible catch from last season that everyone thinks of when they think of Dobson is no fluke, he caught that thing for a reason. Those mits be sticky!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Ketchman's thoughts on Stepfan Taylor:

Quote:
I saw a guy yesterday who made me think, Ill take him. Im talking about Stepfan Taylor of Stanford. He had one of those days on Tuesday that players at the Senior Bowl dream of having. He did it all and without one misstep. He caught everything. He ran with power and quickness. I saw him make defensive backs go one way as he went another way. He flashed speed hes not supposed to have. Hes the perfect pro-style back and hell carry it all day. The longer practice got, the better he got. I wouldnt describe him as a pounder, but hes a between-the-tackles runner whod drop his pads on a train. I spoke with him after practice and if ever there was a guy with that proverbial look in his eye, Taylor has it. Im going to keep my eye on him.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/I-found-my-running-back/11b170cd-60e8-4df2-b18a-84aca5feb599
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor has been drawing Muscle Hamster comparisons this week. Could fly up draft boards and be the 2nd RB off the board from what I hear.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
Taylor has been drawing Muscle Hamster comparisons this week. Could fly up draft boards and be the 2nd RB off the board from what I hear.

I hope he is only drawing MH comparisons because of how he could rise, not his play style. He is not close to MH either as a talent or skill set.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDpacks_5 wrote:

Brian Schwenke C CAL , I'm ready to grab him in the 1st right now (mostly because the packers need a C BAD) but really he is by far the best Senior C in this class.

I've had my eye on him for a bit now too. Seems like he will now go higher than I had originally anticipated. Dude is U.G.L.Y. though Laughing
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

I hope he is only drawing MH comparisons because of how he could rise, not his play style. He is not close to MH either as a talent or skill set.

Yeah, the comparison is their Senior Bowl domination and potential subsequent draft board rise. At least that's how I interpreted it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
JDpacks_5 wrote:

I've had my eye on him for a bit now too. Seems like he will now go higher than I had originally anticipated. Dude is U.G.L.Y. though Laughing

Doubt TT goes with a pure C. Prefers those swing guys and Schwenke isn't that type of player. Plus, we don't need a C "BAD" by any means--just like we don't NEED another OT in round one.
JDpacks_5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we need to upgrade the Oline specifically the Center position, I was half joking about Brian Schwenke in the 1st rd but he is a perfect fit at C for us because he is coming out of a zone blocking system. He can also swing to G if needed he has shown that this week. He would be a perfect fit next to Josh Sitton. Aaron Rodgers was sacked an NFL high 51 times!!!! But we dont need oline help???? I understand some of that falls on Aaron holding on to the ball to long and I understand we could use play makers on D but we have guys coming back. Evan Dietrich-Smith played well but by no means is a starter same can be said for Barclay. Aaron Rodgers contract will be coming up soon and he will our highest paid player, protect our investment is what our main focus should be.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
JDpacks_5 wrote:

Doubt TT goes with a pure C. Prefers those swing guys and Schwenke isn't that type of player. Plus, we don't need a C "BAD" by any means--just like we don't NEED another OT in round one.

but we do a C.

Saturday is gone and then we have only 1 on the roster. TT will acquire another C at some point this offseason.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDS and Van Roten might be a duo they are comfortable with, but I agree with incog... Ted will at the very least bring in competition.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Sherrod was a 1st round pick too. That's my point. We'd have 3 first round OTs over the last 3 years.

I don't want a 1st round back-up OT.

So...we should risk an injury to Aaron Rodgers just because we might have a decent LT? We know absolutely nothing about Sherrod's recovery, so we need to assume the worst. If there is a quality LT prospect on the board (Eric Fisher in this scenario), you'd be foolish to pass on him because you already invested a 1st Round Pick in a player whose played a grand total of 5 games in the past two years because of injuries. It'd be one thing if he had came back late this past season and showed us a glimpse of that talent, but he's a complete unknown. We can NOT go through another season giving Aaron Rodgers so much pressure in his face.

This is what makes it so hard to predict for our draft. And it is also a page out of former GM Wolf's book.....keep everyone guessing. I'm sure Thompson and McCarthy have an idea on where Sherrod stands before the draft but no one else does and all seems to be very hush/quiet on this.

Maybe we need a LT in the draft and maybe we don't. Would be nice if we didn't as Thompson could for some other top player that might drop to him be it...LBer, Corner, DL, WR etc......Just don't think we can rule anything out as far as LT goes at this point.

Though locally in the State there has been some unofficial talk around that worse case scenario of maybe Bulaga at Lt and Barclay at RT. Again no official word on this and might just be all speculation......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: