Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When will this choking stop?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BladeKor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: When will this choking stop? Reply with quote

Good lord, all we do is choke. This just isn't about the Falcons either. It's Braves, Hawks, UGA too.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew this was coming smh Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me go look into my crystal ball and see when we stop choking... I swear every time someone says we choke I want to give them something to choke on. Only 1 team can win the SB, the fact we came as close as we did should be more than enough. Could we have done better? Yes. But we didn't. So we will just have to focus on next year.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8864682/bill-barnwell-conference-championships

Might be worth a read. However, if you still believe we "choked" afterwards, that's your opinion. I just disagree, that's all.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im proud of my team. In the words of an ex 49er... Thats my quarterback. Good job team. Real big s\o to number 11 for a huge game. We proved a lot of ppl wrong this year and made believers out of a lot as well. Weve came a long way from the Mike Vick experience and I wouldnt trade this team, or this FO for anything. Its a great day to be a Falcon Fan. Rise Up til the casket drops baby!!!! See you in April boys!!!

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
BladeKor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Knew this was coming smh Rolling Eyes

Aren't you tired of it too?
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait we let the niners have the largest comeback in NFC championship history and we didn't choke. What the hell do you guys consider not choking?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
Wait we let the niners have the largest comeback in NFC championship history and we didn't choke. What the hell do you guys consider not choking?

Where was the choking exactly? Point it out. The only thing that comes close is the fumble.

Also, this is something the falcons have done all year. Go up big and let Tim's get back into it. How is it choking if it happened on a regular basis?
birdman70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree totally with Jgold and jff.
Don't get me wrong, this loss was super tough, but I'm happy with how this team performed this year. Winning that many close games was a testament to the mental toughness of the team. For as many holes as this team had, going to the NFC championship and almost to the SB was amazing.
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

Where was the choking exactly? Point it out. The only thing that comes close is the fumble.

Also, this is something the falcons have done all year. Go up big and let Tim's get back into it. How is it choking if it happened on a regular basis?

You mean I have to point out the numbers on the SCOREBOARD!

Look y'all can accept it and say how great we did and go sing Kumbaya in a field of marigolds and daffodils, but it don't change the FACT that we can't stop anybody when we need to or run the football and we choked with a big lead and an insanely loud fan base at the Georgia Dome!
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

Look y'all can accept it and say how great we did and go sing Kumbaya in a field of marigolds and daffodils, but it don't change the FACT that we can't stop anybody when we need to or run the football and we choked with a big lead and an insanely loud fan base at the Georgia Dome!

All that does is say we lost te game. How did we choke? You can t least back up your opinion
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

All that does is say we lost te game. How did we choke? You can t least back up your opinion

GSU, I am not mad and I'm not being a jerk here even if it comes off that way. But what makes the outcome of that game my "opinion". Most folks call that reality. Look we had a lead, let them come back, and got skunked in the second half. That is choking. We need to address our running game 1st and foremost. Linemen and a RB. We need a pass rush with edge rushers. We actually have decent DTs with Babs, Walker, and Peters.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
gilmerfalcon wrote:

GSU, I am not mad and I'm not being a jerk here even if it comes off that way. But what makes the outcome of that game my "opinion". Most folks call that reality. Look we had a lead, let them come back, and got skunked in the second half. That is choking. We need to address our running game 1st and foremost. Linemen and a RB. We need a pass rush with edge rushers. We actually have decent DTs with Babs, Walker, and Peters.

Maybe we have different definitions of choking. To me, it means in the biggest moments players couldn't hold up to pressure and made abnormal mistakes. Not sure if your definition is the same..,
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

Maybe we have different definitions of choking. To me, it means in the biggest moments players couldn't hold up to pressure and made abnormal mistakes. Not sure if your definition is the same..,

Per Wikipedia:
"In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event."
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilmerfalcon wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Per Wikipedia:
"In sports, a "choke" is the failure of an athlete or an athletic team to win a game or tournament when the player or team had been strongly favored to win or had squandered a large lead in the late stages of the event."

List one time other than the 9ers game that that has happened in Matt Ryan's 5 year career. Because I can damn sure tell you the 20+ comeback victories aren't "chokes". And siting Wikipedia isn't the greatest way to win an argument... Sorry for the rant, but I have to stick up for a team that did everything EXCEPT get to and win a Super Bowl. Other than that last 4th down, this team could not have been more clutch when it mattered most. Give them credit, and look forward to next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: