Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want The Honey Badger former LSU Tigers DB!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Only 4 reps at 225

I wonder if his Wonderlic will be higher than that? Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Referring to himself in the third person during his interview completely turned me off to the kid.

Personal pet peeve of mine.

disaacs agrees.

What you did there... the Kellerman sees it.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former LSU defensive back Tyrann Mathieu remains one of the biggest question marks in this year’s NFL draft. And his performance on the bench press at the Scouting Combine may raise more questions.

Mathieu managed to bench 225 pounds just four times, an extremely low total for any NFL player — even a kicker. (The only kicker who benched at this year’s Combine, Arizona State’s Josh Hubner, managed 13 reps.)

At 186 pounds, Mathieu is one of the smallest defensive backs at this year’s Combine, but just being small isn’t an excuse for a weak performance on the bench. Adrian Bushell of Louisville weighed in at exactly the same weight as Mathieu and did 17 reps, and Jamar Taylor of Boise State is only six pounds heavier than Mathieu and did 22 reps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/tyrann-mathieus-bench-press-may-call-his-work-ethic-into-question/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu said during his NFL Scouting Combine interview with the media that his “best friend” was honesty, as he tries to rebuild a reputation. And while he didn’t help himself by doing four repetitions of the 225-pound bench press, he recovered well when it was time to run.

His feet did him a favor Tuesday morning, as he ran an unofficial 4.43-second 40 on his first attempt. Whether NFL evaluators trust his story or not, showing that kind of speed will make them more willing to be forgiving, as they ponder whether his return skills alone would make him worth taking a chance on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/26/tyrann-mathieu-runs-a-4-43-on-his-first-40/

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may take a chance on him, but it won't be before the 5th or 6th round. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring him in, I want to follow his career and it will just be easier if he was on the Vikings
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
They may take a chance on him, but it won't be before the 5th or 6th round. Wink

Mayock was saying he could see him off the board in the 2nd or 3rd after today's performance
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thunk he is devin Hester.....so however you value him is how to value Mattheu. Probably worth a second or third in a vacuum, but not in the context of the many holes on the Vikings.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Mayock was saying he could see him off the board in the 2nd or 3rd after today's performance

I don't think there is a chance he comes of the board before the 4th. Unlike a Janoris Jenkins a year ago, Mathieu doesn't have elite ability to compensate for his lack of character. Also, he can't play on the perimeter at the next level. No one is going to use an early pick on strictly nickle guy unless they already have two established guys on the outside.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I don't think there is a chance he comes of the board before the 4th. Unlike a Janoris Jenkins a year ago, Mathieu doesn't have elite ability to compensate for his lack of character. Also, he can't play on the perimeter at the next level. No one is going to use an early pick on strictly nickle guy unless they already have two established guys on the outside.

I believe it was Deion who was raving about him today, saying he is an every-down corner.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stand pat saying I'll take him with our late 4th, if we did not take a CB with any earlier pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want nothing to do with this kid at all.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a ball player. Thats for sure. Prime time was very very high on him. (NPI)

He might not measure up on paper but go put on his game tape. I'll wait...
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
He is a ball player. Thats for sure. Prime time was very very high on him. (NPI)

Yeah, go put on his game tape from this past season. I'll wait...

What's that? He has none because he was kicked off the team? A team that had National Championship aspirations kicked off a potential Heisman Candidate? You don't do that unless the kid is a first class screw-up. Elite talent means absolutely nothing if it is sitting at home on the couch suspended. He couldn't even stay out of trouble after he committed to going back to LSU. I don't care how good you are, you can't help your team if you're not on the field.

This kid will already be entering the league with at least one strike against him. I would've taken a chance on Vontaze Burfict before Mathieu. If the Vikings spent more than a 6th round pick on this guy, it would be a mistake.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

Yeah, go put on his game tape from this past season. I'll wait...

What's that? He has none because he was kicked off the team? A team that had National Championship aspirations kicked off a potential Heisman Candidate? You don't do that unless the kid is a first class screw-up.

note to self, Frank.

don't argue with the lawyers of the world.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: