Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want The Honey Badger former LSU Tigers DB!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
The one thing I will say about Mathieu is that our scheme is designed in such a way that he could be successful in it.

He's best cast as a zone corner.

This is one of the biggest reasons I'd consider him.
VikingsNeverWin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you.. He sucks...after his performance in the National Championship game he officially went from the "Honey Badger" to the "Golden Torch" considering how bad and how often he was burnt to a crisp downfield in that debacle vs. Alabama.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Mayock sees former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu (aka the "Honey Badger") as a fourth-round prospect who probably won't test particularly well at the NFL Scouting Combine. "He's a better football player than an athlete," Mayock said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140157/article/mike-mayock-tyrann-mathieu-a-fourthround-prospect

Thx to Uncle Buck!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
1. Mayock sees former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu (aka the "Honey Badger") as a fourth-round prospect who probably won't test particularly well at the NFL Scouting Combine. "He's a better football player than an athlete," Mayock said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140157/article/mike-mayock-tyrann-mathieu-a-fourthround-prospect

Thats around where I thought he would be projected right now.
I would give him a look with our late 4th rounder,if we did not use a prior pick on a CB.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mayock believes he isn't going to test well at the combine then he isn't going in the 4th round. You already have concerns on top of mediocre combine tests and there will be a lot of teams that pass on him in the 4th.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's less draftable than Vontaze Burfict was last year. I wouldn't touch him before the 6th round.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As intruiging a player as tyrann is, I'm not willing to take a flyer on him before round 5. If Al Davis was alive, I could see the raiders going after him in the 3rd round or so, and the Jets could take him higher than round 4 if they decide to stick with media friendly players rather than getting back to football basics.

It's not so much that I think Tyrann isn't cut out for the NFL, because I think he will see time in the league, I just think he is a niché player who isn't going to amount to a starter other than as a returner. He has the possibility of developing into a decent player, but I feel like be is much less mature than he could be, and could have used more time in college (though it was cut short for reasons we all know about). All players have their high points and low points, but the longer a guy spends in college, the better sample you get of how a guy will turn out. Mathieu's resume, while pretty good, is not as long as most, and he has had some very very bad games. Those bad games can really paint a sour picture of how his professional career could fare.

Any player who gets drafted, or who doesn't get drafted, could be the next Tom Brady or the next Todd Marinovich. I'm not going to come out and say Mathieu will be the former, the latter, or anywhere in between. I will say that while he has some impressive highlights, he is still risky at this point, and too risky for our tastes or needs right now. If he is still around in the later rounds when it's already a crap shoot, heck yea, lets go for him, but before that, I'd rather focus on prospects that are less of a gamble.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Mathieu was over matched physically against guys like Da'Rick Rogers. Mathieu is even smaller than Winfield if you can believe that as well.

He also plays out of control and isn't a wrap up tackler. He has to try and throw himself around like a bowling ball to make an impact. He leaves himself open to being hurdled (see Florida game).

Now, those are things that can be worked on with proper coaching but his short stature and short arms make it hard for me to believe he will ever be a good tackler; which is something he will need to be being a slot corner. A year off of football paired with his character issues there is no way I touch him.

Da'Rick Rogers is a physical mismatch for almost every DB.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he could be a gem for us in say the 5th round. He's a great scheme fit here and I feel like Leslie Frazier would be the perfect coach for him, great motivator and great with players. I'd love it if we took a chance but no earlier then the 4th round.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
I think he could be a gem for us in say the 5th round. He's a great scheme fit here and I feel like Leslie Frazier would be the perfect coach for him, great motivator and great with players. I'd love it if we took a chance but no earlier then the 4th round.

Matheiu has much work to do before any team should look to draft him.

He'll need to continue to impress in coverage, as well as tackling. Physically, he just needs to make his presence.

I think we'll need to get a good feel for his character. Has he grown and changed? Can we rely on him to make smart decisions and not become a distraction for this team?

We need to have confidence that he's put in the necessary work to play in this league, until then, he's too much of a question mark for me.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Boda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Mathieu on the Vikings. I think he is just one of those playmakers that people will look back upon and wonder how he could have fallen as far in the draft as he most likely will. However I understand I could be wrong about him. Anyways I wouldn't mind considering him in the 3rd depending upon how the draft plays out. There are obviously a lot of guys I would take before him but like I said it depends how the draft plays out. If he is available with our late 4th round pick I believe he would be a great selection from that point on.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
I would love to see Mathieu on the Vikings. I think he is just one of those playmakers that people will look back upon and wonder how he could have fallen as far in the draft as he most likely will. However I understand I could be wrong about him. Anyways I wouldn't mind considering him in the 3rd depending upon how the draft plays out. There are obviously a lot of guys I would take before him but like I said it depends how the draft plays out. If he is available with our late 4th round pick I believe he would be a great selection from that point on.

I think any team selecting Mathieu is throwing away its pick. He had one job last year: stay away from drugs. Knowing what he had already lost, and what he stood to lose, he still failed to do that job. He will be entering the league with strikes against him, so the next time he gets caught, he'll be gone for at least 4 games, and possibly longer. You don't use a third round pick on someone like that. I wouldn't touch him as anything other than an Undrafted Rookie Free Agent, but if the Vikings were to use a pick on him, it shouldn't be anything more than a 6th round pick, since few of those guys ever make the roster anyway.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring to himself in the third person during his interview completely turned me off to the kid.

Personal pet peeve of mine.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Referring to himself in the third person during his interview completely turned me off to the kid.

Personal pet peeve of mine.

disaacs agrees.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 4 reps at 225

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: