Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Houston Texans @ New England Patriots Divisional Round
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Texans by a lot
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Texans by a little
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
Patriots by a little
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Patriots by a lot
58%
 58%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 34

amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Houston Texans @ New England Patriots Divisional Round Reply with quote

@

42-14, that should be posted all over the building. We were embarrassed on national television just a month ago. That needs to be driven home with our players and hopefully it gets their blood flowing more. From the coaches, to the players, to the lucky fans who can go to Foxboro, we all need to do better.

Texans Battle Red Zone
Field goals won't work, don't even consider it. If you are in the red zone and its 4th and less than 4, you better have the sack to go for it Gary. 3's will not work vs this dangerous offense in New England. We have to get touchdowns somehow. Our offensive line needs to look at themselves in the mirror and figure out how to punch it in EVERY TIME we touch the ball, its that crucial.

Keys to the game
1. Run the ball and control the clock. We did this masterfully against the Bengals, but you better believe the Patriots will game plan much better to stop Foster and Tate. Foster has been carrying this team, and if we can continue to feed him and open holes, we will have a great shot at taking down the giant. If he is shut down, Matt will not be able to win a shoot out in Foxboro, it just won't happen. Coming out passing 3 times in a row is not good idea either. Line up, punch them in the mouth and drive down the field and end with a touchdown. That should be the first drive script. Make sure the team knows we need to be much more physical with this team in order to squeak at a win. Bowing down to them and gaining 46 yards on the ground will not work Arian. I want this picture below to really drive home the importance of Foster and his success in this game is MAJOR.

2. Our secondary is HUGE in this game. The way we have played teams who have good qbs is disgusting. Our front 7's ability to get pressure is important, but our coverage is a big focus. They slaughtered us last time with quick passes and there is nothing pressure can do about that. The secondary MUST cover well in order to give our offense a chance. Turnovers would be huge, but more importantly we must limit Brady and his weapons. I will include our lb's in this because their TE's will be VERY hard to stop. I hope Wade schemes something brilliant and that JJo, Jackson, Quin, Manning and Harris can figure out what to do. Without a great game from ALL of them, we will not win.

3. Last week it was important for our team to regain its swagger, this week its important for our COACHES TO GAIN some swagger. Playing it safe in this game will not work. We better bring out all the stops for this one. Flea flicker, reverse, on side kick, 4th down attempts, EVERYTHING. Play like this is the last game you will ever coach, because its THAT important to mix it up to get the win. Field goals will not work and neither will timid play calling. Wade needs to play man AND ZONE, and needs to bring some heat, but also play coverage, he needs to mix it up. Gary needs to bring some tricks out, some things no one has ever seen us do before. He needs to call plays super aggressively to show his players he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. This is an important week for all of our coaches, I hope they do not let us down.

This last weeks win was a big one, the offense had life between the 20s and our defense was lights out. This week EVERYONE needs to take that up yet another notch. Our offense needs to convert drives into touchdowns and our defense needs to tighten up coverage even more. Our special teams needs to do something of relevance for once this season. I hope Gary and Wade really put effort into their game plans this weekend. A conservative approach will not work from here on out, they need to step up and earn their pay. The team will respond if the coaches increase their aggression. I am looking forward to getting the chance to replay the Patriots, hopefully the team doesn't let us down.
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something for everyone to chew on.
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will make or break Schaub I think. Either he comes out plays lights out and we win or he falls on his face.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

I just came to post this, HOW DISGUSTING. Id be embarrassed if that was me.

Quote:
The 2012-13 New England Patriots just became the first team in NFL history to get back-to-back byes before advancing to the conference championship game.

Could this get any easier?

I mean, seriously? The planets are aligned and the tomato cans are in place. The fraudulent Houston Texans are the only team standing between the New England Patriots and a trip to the AFC Championship game. All the Patriots have to do is beat the terrible Texans. One week from today. At Gillette Stadium.

Quote:
New England led, 21-0, after nine minutes. It was 28-0 in the fifth minute of the third quarter. It was 35-7 in the first minute of the final quarter. When it got to 42-7, both starting quarterbacks were lifted from the game.

The great J.J. Watt was a zero in that game. Then he was unavailable for comment after the game. Houstonís ever-overmatched defensive coordinator, Wade Phillips, was scratching his head, perhaps wondering why his guys were unable to cover all those Patriots wide receivers.

Phillips and head coach Gary Kubiak did what almost everybody does against the Patriots. They choked. The forget what got them to this level. They played on their heels, and let Brady carve them up like a medical school cadaver. No pressure. Total retreat. Total surrender.

Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sport Writers are the absolute worst. That made me laugh.
kenney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
This game will make or break Schaub I think. Either he comes out plays lights out and we win or he falls on his face.

We are not winning this game, folks.

The defense might be up for it. Foster might be up for it. Schaub and Kubiak aren't. We aren't passing up Manning or Brady as long as we've got Mopey and Dopey at the helm.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will lose also, but it wont be as bad as the regular season game. It will get worse for our linebackers since Gronkowski is back for them. Now we have to watch out for him AND Hernandez. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully this time out Phillips gameplan for Wilfork and double team him. He killed our interior last game. We can't let that happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About that article... In order to understand this article you need to understand its context.

The city of Boston was always a baseball city first, basketball city second, hockey city third, and football city last. The "old guard" of sports writers, who have ruled the profession for decades and have all the spots at the Boston Globe, Boston Herald, etc. know nothing about football and don't care about football. Above all, they hate Bill Belichick.

They hate the fact that he doesn't give them access, and doesn't field their questions. They hate him for running their media-gracious darling Drew Bledsoe out of town and replacing him with a robot like Tom Brady. Just like they love the hapless Red Sox for oozing soundbites and drama, they hate Bill Belichick because of his on-the-field focus. They hate the fact that fans follow him blindly. And they hate the fact that he makes them look stupid so often. Worst of all, they hate watching Boston become more and more of a football town, and guys who are football-writers first take the spotlight off of them.

So all they do is try to instigate problems. Welker sits a series? "Welker's getting phased out!" Gronk gets hurt? "Gronk shouldn't have been out on the XP!" All they want to do it undermine the Patriots' fan support.

Articles like this are a part of it. Now, either the Patriots win, and Shaughnessy can write an article about how they should have won anyway, or the Patriots lose, and Shaughnessy can write about how the Patriots are a tremendous failure and Belichick needs to go.

This isn't some football writer who honestly believes the Patriots own the Colts. This is his way to undermine his least favorite team and create controversy. Just making sure you guys (who come from a state where sportswriters write about sports) realize that.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Raz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

Like the 2008 12-1 Titans were soo much better.

I really can't see how this game is not a loss on paper but if we play our best game in years we will win.
Keys will be to score 12+ on first 3 drives and to stop Brady on the first 3 Patriots drives, then we can play our game instead of having to play their game, which we will lose.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as rough as the article was, it was factual and true

we got the beat down of all beat downs on monday night football when we ranked #1 in power rankings and had the best record in the NFL

as far as im concerned let everyone point to this game as an easy win for the Pats, and let the Texans hear it all week long. We get to see what the team is all about

either way, we have to be positive after years of being the worst franchise in football we have won back to back division titles and have won 2 playoff games.

This season might not end the way we all want it to, but it was a whole lot better than 90% of our seasons and we are still set up nice for the future and have most of our guys locked up

we havent been the same since losing our defensive captain in Cushing

we can win this game, but it will take near perfection

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'll win but I'm hoping we don't get embarrassed like we did 4 weeks ago. This match up sort of reminds me of last year's divisional round between Denver and New England where they just routed Denver. I can see the defense playing better than they did last time, but the offense has shown me nothing for the past 3 or 4 weeks for me to assume that they'll be able to put up points with New England.

Most important thing though for me is keeping everyone healthy. Go Texans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough I'm more confident about this game than the Bengal game. Jets got whallopped a couple years ago in the regular season by NE and then came back to beat them in the playoffs. I expect no different.

I'm sure I'm the only one that believes this but 35-28 Texans
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring me Baltimore at home two weeks from today!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please win. I have faith in you. I know you have the talent.

Here is the blueprint on how to beat the Patriots in the divisional round. Very Happy
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Please win. I have faith in you. I know you have the talent.

Here is the blueprint on how to beat the Patriots in the divisional round. Very Happy

Bart Scott just got my pumped!

To bad our Bart Scott is on IR Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

We are not winning this game, folks.

The defense might be up for it. Foster might be up for it. Schaub and Kubiak aren't. We aren't passing up Manning or Brady as long as we've got Mopey and Dopey at the helm.

I expect this to be a much closer game than last time but I still think we lose. I expect our defense to play inspired ball and to pressure Brady much more than we did 4 weeks ago. I expect our O-line to play better than they did last time as well and for us to be able to run the ball and put points on the board, but Kenney is right as long as we've got Mopey and Dopey in charge of this team we're going nowhere. Kubiak just can't get out of the way long enough to allow this team to succeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: