Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lamar Miller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Lamar Miller Reply with quote

Hey, I was just wondering how you guys think Miller's rookie season was. I see his stats and see he was your best YPC back, but then again Thomas was pretty bad, and Bush was just average. Is there a possibility that Miller can have a much bigger role in your RB rotation?

Also I didn't watch many Dolphins games this season. I'm just wondering is all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i see it, Miller made the best of his carries. He wasn't used a lot because he wasn't very good in pass protection. Once he improves there, he will be a good back for us. I think next year he will be a home run hitter for us.

I honestly think he will be our every down back and be a playmaker for a long time for us

UniversalAuthor
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was solid. I actually expected even more from him, but he didn't get a ton of chances. Thomas was actually better than I expected. His stats may not show it because he is more of a powerback who was used in a lot of short yardage situations. But at least Thomas turned into a decent powerback. That's hard for me to say, since I really never was a huge fan of his. I think he was overdrafted, but is a solid rotational back to another guy who can hit the home run. I still worry about his fumbling though.

As for Miller, I think he has a bright future once he settles into the position and gains some confidence. Bush is a FA this offseason and I wouldn't be surprised if he asks for too much money and is shown the door. That would make Miller one of our top backs going into next year, so he may get his chance soon.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jury is still very much out on Miller, I think. Yes, he had a nice YPC of 4.9, but the sample size was also really small. I believe Reggie Bush was, by far, the best back in Miami last year and he was underutilized by not being involved much in the passing game. My sense was that the reason Bush was so rarely used in the passing game was that RB's were asked to help protect the QB so much because the blocking up front, particularly on the right side of the line, was so gawd awful. Statistically, that stands up, the RB's did stay into block a lot, and that's something Miller needs to continue to work on. My sense of things is that Bush and Miller would be a fine 1-2 combo and that we can say good bye to Daniel Thomas. However, there is the issue of Bush's contract which is up this off season. Will he be brought back? Either way, Miller figures heavily into Miami's plans from what I can tell.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well first, Daniel Thomas wasn't bad he just had some injury problems

i liked what i saw from Miller, hes extremely quick and hits the hole hard. im expecting his workload to increase next season
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
The jury is still very much out on Miller, I think. Yes, he had a nice YPC of 4.9, but the sample size was also really small. I believe Reggie Bush was, by far, the best back in Miami last year and he was underutilized by not being involved much in the passing game. My sense was that the reason Bush was so rarely used in the passing game was that RB's were asked to help protect the QB so much because the blocking up front, particularly on the right side of the line, was so gawd awful. Statistically, that stands up, the RB's did stay into block a lot, and that's something Miller needs to continue to work on. My sense of things is that Bush and Miller would be a fine 1-2 combo and that we can say good bye to Daniel Thomas. However, there is the issue of Bush's contract which is up this off season. Will he be brought back? Either way, Miller figures heavily into Miami's plans from what I can tell.

I think the master plan with Miller, is Bush to be used as a dynamic x-factor type back, and then Miller to be the true tail back. Why I expect Bush back next season.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I think the master plan with Miller, is Bush to be used as a dynamic x-factor type back, and then Miller to be the true tail back. Why I expect Bush back next season.
I hope you are right and thats the way it should be. Reggie is a much better runner now then he was in new orleans but for this team I believe we need the reggie of new orleans back. Of course a few things need to happen one being miller stepping up and a improved line. I hope The coaches got a glimpse of what reggie can do catching the ball in the last couple games.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I hope you are right and thats the way it should be. Reggie is a much better runner now then he was in new orleans but for this team I believe we need the reggie of new orleans back. Of course a few things need to happen one being miller stepping up and a improved line. I hope The coaches got a glimpse of what reggie can do catching the ball in the last couple games.

totally. I have no idea why Bush wasn't used more as a WR. I can only guess it was because he was asked to block more on passing downs. Not sure, but he is a weapon as a WR.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

totally. I have no idea why Bush wasn't used more as a WR. I can only guess it was because he was asked to block more on passing downs. Not sure, but he is a weapon as a WR.

Bush should be used more in the passing game next season....as far as catching a glimpse this season.....Reggie has always been known as a very versatile RB that can help in the passing game...it was his biggest welling point coming out of college. This will be more of a factor next year with a more experienced Martin and stronger play from the guards...

How this effects Miller? Ireland said they expect big things from Miller, but that could just be pillow talk...I'm still not sold and see him as a significant downgrade from Bush. I do think all the RB's will benefit from a better line...hopefully that is an area of focus for Ireland and Philbin.

Thomas does seem like the odd-man out if Miller is expected to become a larger part of the offense and could be traded...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Bush should be used more in the passing game next season....as far as catching a glimpse this season.....Reggie has always been known as a very versatile RB that can help in the passing game...it was his biggest welling point coming out of college. This will be more of a factor next year with a more experienced Martin and stronger play from the guards...

How this effects Miller? Ireland said they expect big things from Miller, but that could just be pillow talk...I'm still not sold and see him as a significant downgrade from Bush. I do think all the RB's will benefit from a better line...hopefully that is an area of focus for Ireland and Philbin.

Thomas does seem like the odd-man out if Miller is expected to become a larger part of the offense and could be traded...
When I used the word glimpse it was meant hopefully this is a glimpse of whats to come next season on how they use him. I am fully aware of his career and what he has done and is capable of after all it was me a few weeks ago saying how important it was to keep him and you wanted no part of him being back and didnt think he was much of a playmaker glad you have come around though.Good to see
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

When I used the word glimpse it was meant hopefully this is a glimpse of whats to come next season on how they use him. I am fully aware of his career and what he has done and is capable of after all it was me a few weeks ago saying how important it was to keep him and you wanted no part of him being back and didnt think he was much of a playmaker glad you have come around though.Good to see

Misquoted...I never said he wasn't a play maker...I said he (and all RB's) are not worth a huge contract and I still wouldn't want the Dolphins to go more the 4 million a year for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: