Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Senior Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like what I saw from Wheaton today. Fast in and out of breaks and caught everything with his hands.

Poyer looked solid.

Short had a nasty move where the oline trying to block him couldn't even get his hands up in time before Short was on his way to a sack.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Really like what I saw from Wheaton today. Fast in and out of breaks and caught everything with his hands.

Poyer looked solid.

Short had a nasty move where the oline trying to block him couldn't even get his hands up in time before Short was on his way to a sack.

That was a sick move. He completely froze the OLineman on that rush.

Aaron Dobson, Desmond Trufant and Datone Jones caught my eye as well...especially Dobson. I don't see a hole in his game.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL.com senior bowl link: http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I hope Denard Robinson takes most of his snaps as a running back.

Looks like he will be lining up mostly at receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124190/article/denard-robinson-will-play-wide-receiver-at-senior-bowl

Quote:
"I think as long as he shows he can catch the ball effectively, he's got a chance to be a second-round draft choice. I really believe that's where he could potentially go."

2nd round...

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
BBando wrote:
Sorry but I'm not taking a Right Tackle in the first round.

Why not? One of Freeman's several excuses is his line isn't very good. ?

He's borderline first rounder. The offensive line was not that great to end due to the fact we had injuries, but healthy it is solid with RT being the only question. But a RT is not worth a first rounder, especially where we are picking. Fluker might even have to kick inside.

San fransisco took Anthony Davis top 20 to play RT. they're doing well.

Stukes when asked about this draft talked and raved about DL and OL. Just saying.

That doesn't really make sense, if you rember Anthony Davis was rated way higher as a prospect then Fluker. He' be bad value in the top 20, just being honest. Dominik also said he does not love drafting offensive linemen. The point is at 13, there will be better players and bigger needs. And just because its a good linemen class (better defensively), does not make him a good pick that high. He also said its a good receiver class with some good corners, but it should not matter about the class... just the players on the board, the class just makes it more likely there will be talent at the position. So if this is a good oline class, why take a RT/G of all positions who is not elite with a high pick?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the organization feels freeman needs a strong offensive line to go through is reads then don't be surprised if we go tackle in the first 3 rounds. Not necessarily saying Fluker will be the pick. But rd 2 or 3 could be an option.

Also Zach Dysert threw the ball extremely well today. Nassib looked flat and lacked deep ball accuracy.

Goodwin the wr from Texas looked fabulous in the slot. Late round gem?
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
If the organization feels freeman needs a strong offensive line to go through is reads then don't be surprised if we go tackle in the first 3 rounds. Not necessarily saying Fluker will be the pick. But rd 2 or 3 could be an option.

Also Zach Dysert threw the ball extremely well today. Nassib looked flat and lacked deep ball accuracy.

What does this even mean?

You seem to search for reasons to bash Freeman at every turn, and this thread has nothing to do with him. It's getting tiresome already and the offseason only just started.

Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

The offensive line should overall be a great unit if healthy next year. I don't think upgrading at RT would mean much about Freeman, more that Dotson needs competition and that Dotson is inconsistent. RT could be upgraded for sure, but I do not expect Dom to be the type of guy to reach on an offensive linemen. We'll see there will be some talent on the board going in to day two.

Quote:

Lot to like about Dysert. Good size, good arm talent, moves well in and outside the pocket, can throw on the run etc. He'll miss some easy ones and my biggest issue with him is how he sees the field, he has legit concerns there. But talent will not be his question.

Nassib has shown his deep ball is bad all year, it is almost weird how it looks because it does not seem to be a question of arm strength. The Senior Bowl is not going to show some of the things he does well, throws a bad ball down the field though. Glennon stock seems to be declining as well. Any word on Wilson? Geno is the only one who I'm confident to take in the first..... there will be some guys with potential in the midrounds, but not a good draft if you need a QB.

Quote:

That'd be a good look!
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To chime in on the RT conversation.

I think if Erik Fisher is there, we should seriously consider it. I was really impressed by his size and he is very physical for a taller player. I think he could play on the right side, and if/when Donald Penn loses a step,switch them up and have Penn on the right side and Fisher on the left.

I mean I'm not in love with the idea... But that is the only way I would like t see that circumstance play out.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
To chime in on the RT conversation.

I think if Erik Fisher is there, we should seriously consider it. I was really impressed by his size and he is very physical for a taller player. I think he could play on the right side, and if/when Donald Penn loses a step,switch them up and have Penn on the right side and Fisher on the left.

I mean I'm not in love with the idea... But that is the only way I would like t see that circumstance play out.

Fisher looked so good today. Dominant. When Lewan decided to go back to school Fisher got himself a lot of money. Really impressive prospect.

Like you though, I wouldn't be in love with the idea of drafting him with our 1st rounder.

Last edited by DaRealdeal on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Goodwin would be a great pick for us. That dude can flat out fly and he isn't afraid of contact. Goodwin, Wheaton, Austin, and Bailey would be great picks 2-4 round range.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of a RT too high. Our guys there aren't fantastic, but I feel our needs at corner and pass rusher are more pressing than RT.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny bc when freeman was struggling many wanted competition/upgrade over Dotson.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
It's funny bc when freeman was struggling many wanted competition/upgrade over Dotson.

Everything is about Freeman Laughing I do not understand how a conversation about a RT becomes so much about a QB Confused

When Freeman was doing good, Dotson was inconsistent. Winning makes issues seem smallers, losing makes them seem bigger.... usually there somewhere in between.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Poyer looked solid.

That was a sick move. He completely froze the OLineman on that rush.

Aaron Dobson, Desmond Trufant and Datone Jones caught my eye as well...especially Dobson. I don't see a hole in his game.

Extremely natural receiver, just seems like one of those guys who was born to play the position. Not a great athlete. But jump ball/ball skills are there and smooth pass catcher. Fan of his, deep WR class... we need to grab one of them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: