Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Trade down ? Reply with quote

The more I look at the guys tabbed to be on the board at #21 and lower this year, with having a high 2nd rounder @ #36, I'm beginning to like the idea of trading down to pick up another 2nd and an extra top 100 pick.

Anyone else likin' a trade down ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask me again when #19 or #20 are on the clock. We will know then how free agency went and who is on the board. It just depends on who is there and who they target.
wrminning

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Ask me again when #19 or #20 are on the clock. We will know then how free agency went and who is on the board. It just depends on who is there and who they target.

Not enough information yet, it all depends on our boards, our needs and whats available, too early to tell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Exactly. You never know who might drop to pick #21. In the two GM Mocks I've done, Warmack was there in the first one and Sam Montgomery was there in the 2nd one.

I'd say if either of those guys are on the board (And we lose MJ93 in FA), then let's just stay put and take them instead of trading back...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Exactly. You never know who might drop to pick #21. In the two GM Mocks I've done, Warmack was there in the first one and Sam Montgomery was there in the 2nd one.

I'd say if either of those guys are on the board (And we lose MJ93 in FA), then let's just stay put and take them instead of trading back...

Agreed. I wouldn't mind it, but someone usually falls. I we have needs but can always go BPA like Warmack. I wouldn't be opposed though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
we lose MJ93 in FA

.... but re-sign Geathers ??????
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Arthur Brown is on the board at even 15 I'd trade up. Elite prospect. Perfect fit for us. He can play WLB or MLB, wherever we need him. Good in coverage, solid athlete elite instincts. He could run in the 4.5s.

I'd trade down if we can accumulate some picks next year. But if there's value I see no reason to stay put or even move up. We need to build around these playoff appearances and take the next step.

And to take that next step I'd like to make some moves in FA too. We have so much cap room.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
If Arthur Brown is on the board at even 15 I'd trade up. Elite prospect. Perfect fit for us. He can play WLB or MLB, wherever we need him. Good in coverage, solid athlete elite instincts. He could run in the 4.5s.

I'd trade down if we can accumulate some picks next year. But if there's value I see no reason to stay put or even move up. We need to build around these playoff appearances and take the next step.

And to take that next step I'd like to make some moves in FA too. We have so much cap room.

He reminds me a ton of Lavonte David. A sideline to sideline player who can cover but is slightly undersized. Should be available at 21 and I would be happy to take him there but not trade up for him

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
ark23 wrote:

He reminds me a ton of Lavonte David. A sideline to sideline player who can cover but is slightly undersized. Should be available at 21 and I would be happy to take him there but not trade up for him

Being slightly undersized means he will be there in the second. No way would I trade up.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:

We won't have all that much cap room if in the next two years we sign Michael Johnson, Andre Smith, Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and Geno Atkins all to long term deals.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
ark23 wrote:

Being slightly undersized means he will be there in the second. No way would I trade up.
He's not that undersized, I think he comes in around 235-240. And he's going to blow up the combine, I think. He's a top five player on my board.

I think he could go top fifteen. In a pass first NFL he can thrive and I don't think there's anyway he makes it out of round one. He's a better prospect than Lavonte David in my opinion, though I though David was a top twenty guy.

Maybe he falls a little. But if he makes it to the second round he becomes a collosal steal.
wrminning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
ark23 wrote:

He's not that undersized, I think he comes in around 235-240. And he's going to blow up the combine, I think. He's a top five player on my board.

I think he could go top fifteen. In a pass first NFL he can thrive and I don't think there's anyway he makes it out of round one. He's a better prospect than Lavonte David in my opinion, though I though David was a top twenty guy.

Maybe he falls a little. But if he makes it to the second round he becomes a collosal steal.

A lot of places don't have Brown in the top 25, of course the combine could change things, right now I'd rate the chances of him being there at our 1st pick as very good, and our 1st 2nd pick as fair.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^yeah I've noticed that. Still I'm hopeful he falls to us at 21, because I think he can be a gamechanger at LB.

I'm optimistic going into this offseason after the past two drafts and two playoff seasons. If we can lock up all the guys The Duke mentioned and continue to add value in the draft I'll be happy. And Kirkpatrick, Still and Thompson all pretty much had redshirt seasons so I think they will take on much bigger roles next year.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Arthur Brown and would be thrilled if we drafted him, but I like Kevin Minter even more. Hopefully we get one of them with the Raiders 2nd round pick...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Sure, I appreciate all that, but would you guys take a trade right now with #21 for a mid-round #2 & #3, say around #50 & #80, giving us potentially, #36, #50, #53, #80 & #85 ?

5 x top 100 picks could sure fill some holes in our shopping list.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: