Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Players 2012: #10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is #10?
S. Lee, ILB
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
D. Murray, RB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B. Carter, ILB
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
D. Harris, Ret/WR
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
O. Scandrick, CB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
M. Austin, WR
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
M. Claiborne, CB
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
L. Vickers, FB
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
L.P. Ladouceur, LS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Incredicole B., He who was promised (WR)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Ranking the Players 2012: #10 Reply with quote

Who was our #10 top player of 2012? Vote and Discuss!

Rules:
1. If you Vote, also give a brief explanation as to why. This is to generate insightful discussion.
2. Don't ask me what top player means to me. What does it mean to you. Best, Healthiest, Most consistent, Whatever standard you use, stick to it.
3. I will have 10 players in every round. After your explanation if you would like to nominate a player, I am open to it.
4. I am the final arbitrator on everything including but not limited to ties. My word is law. And I do accept bribes.
5. You are welcome, Ace.

2012 Rankings:
1. Dez Bryant, WR
2. Jason Witten, TE
3. Tony Romo, QB
4. Anthony Spencer, OLB
5. Brandon Carr, CB
6. Dan Bailey, PK
7. DeMarcus Ware, OLB
8. Jason Hatcher, DE
9. Tyron Smith, LT

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Harris' contribution in the return game as well as his work at WR should earn him this spot. Looking forward to Harris as the #3 next season.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Lee shouldnt be this low Confused

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, at this point its either guys who were injured but made a big impact when healthy or guys who were mostly healthy but made less impact... I gotta go Bruce Carter here. Reason being that he simply outlasted Lee and thus impacted the team in a positive manner for a longer period of time. He had a huge impact once Lee went down as he stepped right in and played very very well. Sean Lee will be next on my list.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am torn between Lee and Carter. Anyone want to convince me one way or another?

In Redball I Trust!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I am torn between Lee and Carter. Anyone want to convince me one way or another?

I wish I could, but you can't go wrong with either. Both were having massive impacts on our defense before they went down. I just chose Carter based on my personal criteria. Lee wouldn't be a bad choice either.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Claiborne here. He played 15 games. 4 more than Carter. That's 1/4 of a season more. He had 55 tackles. He had 1 pick. He had a TD against the Eagles. He mostly locked his man away all year. With Carr and Clai, I can't wait until we get some help at the safety postion. He had some mistakes, but he is 22 years old. Lee only played 6 games. Carter only 11. I have to go Clai here. I'll probably go Lee next.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Ugh, at this point its either guys who were injured but made a big impact when healthy or guys who were mostly healthy but made less impact... I gotta go Bruce Carter here. Reason being that he simply outlasted Lee and thus impacted the team in a positive manner for a longer period of time. He had a huge impact once Lee went down as he stepped right in and played very very well. Sean Lee will be next on my list.

Lee still outproduced Carter. Even though he played 5 less games. The only stat Carter beat Lee in was tackles, and only by 12.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Lee still outproduced Carter. Even though he played 5 less games. The only stat Carter beat Lee in was tackles, and only by 12.

I think we'd be better off comparing Lee's production to Carter's AFTER Lee's injury. Its logical that Carter's tackle totals would be much less while playing alongside Lee due to the fact that Lee was the first to the ball many times. Its no coincidence that Carter's tackles increased as soon as he took over Lee's spot on the defense.

In Lee's 6 games played, he totaled 36 solo tackles.

In Carter's 5 games without Lee, he totaled 32 solo tackles. Only 4 less in 1 less game.

Lee did have the INT and FF while Carter didn't have either. But, to me, Carter impacted our season more than Lee this year simply because he was able to provide a stabilizing force at MLB when Lee went down and saw little drop off.

sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta go with DHarris...brought back excitement to the return game and has a chance to be WR #3...loved watching this guy with the ball in his hands

Peace
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

I think we'd be better off comparing Lee's production to Carter's AFTER Lee's injury. Its logical that Carter's tackle totals would be much less while playing alongside Lee due to the fact that Lee was the first to the ball many times. Its no coincidence that Carter's tackles increased as soon as he took over Lee's spot on the defense.

In Lee's 6 games played, he totaled 36 solo tackles.

In Carter's 5 games without Lee, he totaled 32 solo tackles. Only 4 less in 1 less game.

Lee did have the INT and FF while Carter didn't have either. But, to me, Carter impacted our season more than Lee this year simply because he was able to provide a stabilizing force at MLB when Lee went down and saw little drop off.

Good points. I really didn't even notice Carter until Lee went down.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Carter played great both before and after Lee got hurt- he just wasn't "competing" for tackles, if that makes sense. It was actually really frustrating to hear analysts talk about how he "came on" after Lee got hurt- he was a little more noticeable, sure, but he'd been playing well all year.

He didn't have a pick or forced fumble, sure, but he still made some nice plays. How's this for a stat- 9 tackles for losses in 11 games. Next on the team was Spencer (7 in 14), then Ware (4 in 16). Lee had 2 in 6. I don't like evaluating guys on splash plays, but this jibes with what I thought I saw in Carter- a freakishly-fast sideline-to-sideline player who fills holes and tackles excellently.

I don't wanna take away from Lee, who was playing like an All-Pro. Dominant for 6 games, very good for 11... take your pick. I'll go with the latter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta vote for Lee.

I know he missed the majority of the season, but he was playing at a very high level in the time he was available.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like this is close between Mo and Lee.

I am leaning towards Lee over Carter...

In Redball I Trust!
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is anyone voting for Lee? Sure he played great during the games he did, but you can't spread that amount of production over the season and still say they're THAT impressive. He's top 3 if he's not injured, but the thing is, he was. Plain and simple.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: