Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's Sexier?
Uni-brow
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Tattoo
67%
 67%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 49

49ers4life52

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Geoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN
Hearing that 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell has surfaced as a potential DC for #Eagles. Obviously, can't happen until after Super Bowl.

Nooo!!! One of the last staff members I wanted to lose. Hopefully we deny the Eagles request for an interview with him, but that is kind of dirty on our part doing it two years in a row.

^Kempes^
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still pinching myself after last night.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Jim Harbaugh says David Akers will be 49ers kicker in the Super Bowl.

We won't dent them opportunity to interview him and he does deserve a look at being a DC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Jim Harbaugh says David Akers will be 49ers kicker in the Super Bowl.

We won't dent them opportunity to interview him and he does deserve a look at being a DC.

Well in that case, Y2's gif sums it up for me.

^Kempes^
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like if we can limit the deep strikes this will be a long game for the Ravens. It's not outside the realm of possibility as I think during the season we allowed the 3rd least deep passes in the league. Atlanta got a few on us but there is a huge difference between Julio Jones/Roddy White/Tony Gonzalez and Anquan Boldin/Torrey Smith/either of the Ravens TEs. The Ravens are built to defend well on teams like New England and Baltimore. I am confident but not exactly saying it's a sure thing.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed about Flacco lately is when he throws the ball 20+ yards, he throws it nearly straight up. That's not going to be batted by a lineman. It's also not going to be intercepted just because a CB or Safety jumped in front. That's a jump ball.

The downside to those throws is that you're not going to catch that one and run. At least, not against our guys. If you do catch it, you're going to get hit, and hit hard, before your feet even touch the ground.

It does, however, move the chains. So, that side of Baltimore can be pretty scary. Very hard to defend against.

One possible good thing is that their offensive line is not as good as Matt Ryan's line. We might actually be able to keep pressure on Flacco, maybe even get a few sacks. Aldon, I'm looking at you, buddy.

This is not the same team that lost 16-6 last year. We had an injury on our O-line and suffered 9 sacks because of it. I know some like to blame Alex for those, but even for him, 9 sacks is an outlier no matter how you look at it. We also had a long bomb touchdown called back because of a bogus chop block penalty.

So, our O-line is in much better shape. Our quarterback is exceeding all expectations and holding his own against top 5-10 quarterbacks in his first playoff appearances. Can't ask for much more from a guy that hasn't even started a full season yet.

I'm not saying this is going to be an easy game, but we definitely have a lot going for us on paper. Execution will be key, though. I know not many will entertain this notion much, but brother rivalry is going to make this a very contested game, in my opinion. Who knows you better than your brother? Nobody!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
One possible good thing is that their offensive line is not as good as Matt Ryan's line. We might actually be able to keep pressure on Flacco, maybe even get a few sacks. Aldon, I'm looking at you, buddy.

This one I gotta disagree with. They had to make changes before the Denver game to the injury of their LG, and it's been great the last two games, giving up 2 sacks in 9 quarters, with very little pressure on Flacco in general.
Granted, the NE pass rush sucks, but the league's leader in sacks, Denver, also only got one sack and that was a coverage sack in OT.

On the flip side, Kaep's gonna have plenty of time himself. He could get some light reading done while waiting for the Ravens D to arrive.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the bandwagon or fair weather fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rooting for your 49ers. It's going to be hard as hell beating Baltimore though. Hopefully San Fran gets the job done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in shock that we're back in the super bowl!!! This is going to be a fun and very long two weeks until the game!!!

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
They're both good but the 2nd one is amazing!

Can anyone re-size it so i can make it into a sig? I would love to wear that sig. Its just too epic and we need something to celebrate the fact that we're in the freaking SUPERBOWL!! Very Happy

Best I can do... I'll try it out now...

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6953/sbsig.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The many faces of Jim Harbaugh Laughing

http://zeen.com/read/CU5p1W/a-man-of-many-faces-jim-harbaugh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
They're both good but the 2nd one is amazing!

Can anyone re-size it so i can make it into a sig? I would love to wear that sig. Its just too epic and we need something to celebrate the fact that we're in the freaking SUPERBOWL!! Very Happy

Best I can do... I'll try it out now...

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6953/sbsig.jpg

Nice job, I didn't think something that big would size down that well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
After the crap with Ray Lewis yesterday, I really want us to kill the Ravens. Is it just me or is Ray milking this whole thing? He seems like he's becoming such an attention whore, especially after last night's game where he was kissing the fake grass praying with like 100 cameras over him. That really did it for me with him. I love watching him play but that kind of thing just puts me off and not like the guy that much anymore.

Funny you mention this because I feel the same way. I am a big Ray Lewis the player fan. I actually have some of his quotes on a whiteboard in my house. I should preface this with the fact that I'm not big on religion, but after I watched him cry like a [inappropriate/removed] during the national anthem and then show his [inappropriate/removed] crack to the goddamn world while hunched over on the fake grass for what seemed to be a half an hour I'm over him and it.

I understand that the guy is über religious and that's whatever to me, but holy crap man, if i have to watch this guy blubber on national tv again I'm going to be sick. If he were as ready to retire as he claims to be he would handle it more like Tony G has. I get emotion, but Ray Lewis is proving that his ego is bigger than the game. The sad thing is that the national media will continue to feed it.

Not feeling this?

How about this?

Or this?

Maybe this then?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread, http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498929&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 , is kind of crazy. Two separate trends that led to the prediction of a Ravens vs Niners Super Bowl before the season.

But before you believe in trends staying true, it picked the Ravens to win Evil or Very Mad

^Thanks to NS922

EverythingSF wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Alex's Mom?

Alex's High School Backup? Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 5 of 100

Jump to: