Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's Sexier?
Uni-brow
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Tattoo
67%
 67%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 49

big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

My biggest worry is that since Aldon got hurt we've have a pretty sad pass rush. With that big arm of his and those receivers' ability to outfight our dbs we could have some big plays against us. I sure hope the two week rest will allow Justing and Aldon to get back to reasonably good health. And a good game from Brooks would help us a lot too.

I'll be honest, my bro. I have not re-watched over and over like I generally do.. but to me.... it seemed like we played wussy coverage... playing our DBs off.. giving up everything underneath. No? Maybe not.. can't say fo sure. But.. if that belief were true? How much pass rush would it take? Get to the QB in... 2.5 seconds?

Fangio seems to like soft coverage, and I get frustrated watching that. But lacking a good pass rush tends to push you to be afraid of the big play. I've always been a big believer that most effective element of a great pass defense is a great pass rush, not great coverage. The best dbs in the league can always be beat if the QB has enough time, and average dbs can cover a guy for a couple of seconds if that's all the time the QB gets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

My biggest worry is that since Aldon got hurt we've have a pretty sad pass rush. With that big arm of his and those receivers' ability to outfight our dbs we could have some big plays against us. I sure hope the two week rest will allow Justing and Aldon to get back to reasonably good health. And a good game from Brooks would help us a lot too.

I'll be honest, my bro. I have not re-watched over and over like I generally do.. but to me.... it seemed like we played wussy coverage... playing our DBs off.. giving up everything underneath. No? Maybe not.. can't say fo sure. But.. if that belief were true? How much pass rush would it take? Get to the QB in... 2.5 seconds?

Fangio seems to like soft coverage, and I get frustrated watching that. But lacking a good pass rush tends to push you to be afraid of the big play. I've always been a big believer that most effective element of a great pass defense is a great pass rush, not great coverage. The best dbs in the league can always be beat if the QB has enough time, and average dbs can cover a guy for a couple of seconds if that's all the time the QB gets.

That and the talent of our front 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> our cb's. You'd think that he want to unleash them, but what the hell do we know right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we unleash the pass rush next week. It would be great to see some sacks and some tackles for loss in the backfield maybe even a forced fumble. I think our defense will give the Ravens fits in this game. This isn't the same team as last years matchup, offensively.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was encouraged with Aldon finally being able to bull rush a OL for the first time since the Dolphins game. He just wasn't able to use his arms in the past few weeks because of his shoulder. Like Harbaugh said, it eventually became a mental issue for him. He's been just a step slow, but having two weeks off should help. We are going to be playing our 3rd game in five weeks, which is great. If the Smith bros can get healthier, our defense goes to the next level.

Rogers on Boldin and Willis on Pitta are the two key match ups for our defense. You could add Bowman vs Rice to the list as well, but Flacco loves Pitta/Boldin on money downs. When he needs a 1st down, he is looking for those guys. Jones/Smith are there to simply take the top off the defense. Scary speed and the safeties will have to play discipline. If Rogers can handle Boldin without much help, it benefits us hugely.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Aldon is getting pointers from Charles Haley for the SB.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else freaking out when you see the pro-bowl roster ticker on NFLN and it says Justin Smith will not play?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I heard Aldon is getting pointers from Charles Haley for the SB.

He got them before the Falcons game and Smith said the pointers really helped him out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Anyone else freaking out when you see the pro-bowl roster ticker on NFLN and it says Justin Smith will not play?

Its happened to me like 4 times. Justin Aldon and Staley and I panic then have to rewind.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-NaVorro-Bowman/68bc1f11-f829-420b-ae9e-bf07b9cc2c8a

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
crabtree is going to eat up on cary williams. Cool

I've seen "<insert WR> is going to eat up Cary Williams" in practically every game we've played. As long as he doesn't give up a bomb it doesn't really matter.
The funny part is, the majority of those statements were probably made by Ravens fans. Laughing

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But really, I'm amazed how resilient your defense is as they allow long drives, but hold once they get to the red zone. The Patriots and Broncos had so many chances to put the game away, but the defense would force a punt or FG. Our offense has been money in the last two games in the red zone, which was actually the opposite in the regular season with Kaepernick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
You can't respect anyone who cheers for more than one team.
Pretty ridiculous sentiment.
I don't mind liking certain guys on any team because I'm a huge football fan but that's where it stops. You can't have your cake and eat it too. NFL fans should only cheer for one team. I would feel weird rooting for two different teams. It's not right.

ugh this is awkward.
i agree with s...t...e...a...d....y Shocked

Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Micd-Up-NaVorro-Bowman/68bc1f11-f829-420b-ae9e-bf07b9cc2c8a

I like how everyone was like "If you screw this up Cox, I will kill you."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Dude, happens to me every time. Lol. I trip out for a sec and then I'll calm down.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 13 of 100

Jump to: