Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's Sexier?
Uni-brow
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Tattoo
67%
 67%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 49

Author Message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12413
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I'm just saying the NFL didn't display an even playing field last night.


Just seems pointless to sit around and whine about officiating. Want to not see officiating make such critical calls? then make more plays in the 1st half and get a healthy lead to hold onto. We didn't. If some want to focus on officiating and conspiracy theories, so be it... but meh... I am not gonna waste time or emotion in going down that path of futility.


I don't disagree with you. Just venting hot air. I'm not a fan of either team of course, but it was a great game. I do believe the 49ers are going to be toting a Lombardi next season but I also think they need a #2 WR, they can't keep trying to force the ball to Crabtree on almost every play and with the umost respect, Moss looked irrelevant last night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
1234567 wrote:
Condolences ladies and gentlemen. As a Broncos fan, I too know the feeling of having a no call cost you the game against the Ravens. Mad The good news for you is that SF is gonna be DAMN good for a long time. Maybe we'll meet you guys in the SB next year.


Last nights no-call really is in large part where there is a group of fans out there that believe these games are fixed. The Ravens played like trash all season and then 'mysteriously' the Ravens play lights out football while their opponents play their worst? Last night, on that final drive for the 49ers, Flacco and the Ravens looked scared s***less. In much of the second half, Flacco looked like the mediocre QB we've known for all these years. He looked flawed and so did that offense. I know people like to talk about how great the Ravens are but the Ravens are in for a serious downward spiral. In the 2nd half of that game the Ravens' D looked tired and pathetic. The Ravens were GIVEN penalties that netted them first downs and kept them in FG range to get just enough points to hang on. On Ray "Murderous Thug" Lewis' last ride, there was no chance the NFL was letting the 49ers come away with this win.. was it fixed? Not saying that, I'm just saying the NFL didn't display an even playing field last night.


Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingnothing


Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 73
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am upset by the way the 49ers lost. Crabtree was held on the fourth down pass, dixon was held on the safety, and cary williams should have drawn a personal foul and been ejected for pushing the official.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingnothing wrote:
I am upset by the way the 49ers lost. Crabtree was held on the fourth down pass, dixon was held on the safety, and cary williams should have drawn a personal foul and been ejected for pushing the official.


99% of the time there would have been an ejection. I was very surprised he wasn't. He shove the crap out of that ref.

If you want to see a prime example of holding, go re watch that punt. Dixon may have gotten to Koch and saved us a few seconds and maybe we get one hail mary but o well. We killed ourselves at the goaline and bad secondary play. we had a few drop ints also(Brown and Whitner).

edit:I think the one thing I take from these past few games is that Colin and Vernon seem to be on the same page now and that will be huge for us going into next year. I wouldn't mind adding a veteran FA who has good hands and good speed. Moss probably won't be back with us.

O how nice it would have been if Hunter, K will and Mario all played...
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 12413
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
kingnothing wrote:
I am upset by the way the 49ers lost. Crabtree was held on the fourth down pass, dixon was held on the safety, and cary williams should have drawn a personal foul and been ejected for pushing the official.


99% of the time there would have been an ejection. I was very surprised he wasn't. He shove the crap out of that ref.

If you want to see a prime example of holding, go re watch that punt. Dixon may have gotten to Koch and saved us a few seconds and maybe we get one hail mary but o well. We killed ourselves at the goaline and bad secondary play. we had a few drop ints also(Brown and Whitner).

edit:I think the one thing I take from these past few games is that Colin and Vernon seem to be on the same page now and that will be huge for us going into next year. I wouldn't mind adding a veteran FA who has good hands and good speed. Moss probably won't be back with us.

O how nice it would have been if Hunter, K will and Mario all played...


Honestly, had it not been for the holding on the Punt, its feasable that 1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. The 49ers get to the Punter and make him fumble.
2. The 49ers, given the return that they had, which was pretty decent, get off one quick play for FG range to the sidelines and kick a game tying FG.

Both are probably unlikely but it is possible. Unfortunately, we'll never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
kingnothing wrote:
I am upset by the way the 49ers lost. Crabtree was held on the fourth down pass, dixon was held on the safety, and cary williams should have drawn a personal foul and been ejected for pushing the official.


99% of the time there would have been an ejection. I was very surprised he wasn't. He shove the crap out of that ref.

If you want to see a prime example of holding, go re watch that punt. Dixon may have gotten to Koch and saved us a few seconds and maybe we get one hail mary but o well. We killed ourselves at the goaline and bad secondary play. we had a few drop ints also(Brown and Whitner).

edit:I think the one thing I take from these past few games is that Colin and Vernon seem to be on the same page now and that will be huge for us going into next year. I wouldn't mind adding a veteran FA who has good hands and good speed. Moss probably won't be back with us.

O how nice it would have been if Hunter, K will and Mario all played...


Honestly, had it not been for the holding on the Punt, its feasable that 1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. The 49ers get to the Punter and make him fumble.
2. The 49ers, given the return that they had, which was pretty decent, get off one quick play for FG range to the sidelines and kick a game tying FG.

Both are probably unlikely but it is possible. Unfortunately, we'll never know.


It kind of makes me wonder if taking that delay of game penalty instead of taking our second TO was a better option. That to would have saved us around 40 seconds giving us about what less than a minute? Maybe we still get a good return from Ginn(which was to the SF49) and maybe just maybe we somehow get a TD and win the game. but we'll never know.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 4001
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No less than THREE distinct scoring opportunities were marred by either non-calls or mis-called:
The 2 pt. conversion--Ravens were offsides.
The FG attempt we were given again due to "running into the kicker" should have been a fresh set of downs because it was "ROUGHING the kicker".
The 4th and Goal play we ALL know should have been holding/defensive pass interference.
Someone was definitely siding with the Ravens.

However, Kaep shares some of the blame for this loss. His mistakes really cost us. Sure, the obvious one is the interception, but I think worse was Kaep's lack of clock management. His inexperience literally reared up and bit us in the arse---it was evident on Jim's face. More than once he was livid at Kaep's inability to get the snap off. So, he gets to be the first QB to have lost a SB for the 49ers. However, he still may be the QB who wins the 6th Lombardi+ for us as well.
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13020
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to come in and say thanks for a great game 49ers fans. Your team put on a hell of a show after the second half and had me on the edge of my seat until the final whistle. You guys are, by in large, a truly classy bunch and if we (the Ravens) would of lost to anyone last night, I would have been (somewhat) okay with it being my favorite football organization growing up as a kid. I know defeat still sucks and no amount of words from an opposing fan can make it any better, but I do want to say your team really impressed me with their resiliency last night and I think you guys have only begun to see what your team is truly capable up. At the very least, you know this won't be your last ride towards a Lombardi for some time, so enjoy the era of Kaepernick while you can.

Also, I find it fairly humorous how seemingly sensible most 49ers fans have been about the calls, or lack thereof, in last night's contest. Rather it's been bitter Ravens' haters and salty prognosticators that have been up in arms about ticky tacky calls while blindly disregarding the fact that there had been horrible/extremely lax officiating all game long going both ways. Thank you 49ers fans for staying humble even in defeat (at least from what I have seen).
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
No less than THREE distinct scoring opportunities were marred by either non-calls or mis-called:
The 2 pt. conversion--Ravens were offsides.
The FG attempt we were given again due to "running into the kicker" should have been a fresh set of downs because it was "ROUGHING the kicker".
The 4th and Goal play we ALL know should have been holding/defensive pass interference.
Someone was definitely siding with the Ravens.

However, Kaep shares some of the blame for this loss. His mistakes really cost us. Sure, the obvious one is the interception, but I think worse was Kaep's lack of clock management. His inexperience literally reared up and bit us in the arse---it was evident on Jim's face. More than once he was livid at Kaep's inability to get the snap off. So, he gets to be the first QB to have lost a SB for the 49ers. However, he still may be the QB who wins the 6th Lombardi+ for us as well.


I agree. This kid is disappointed in himself and he will be looking to redeem himself next year. I think with the off season, Kaep will learn how to get out of the huddle quicker to make his adjustments at the line. I cringed everytime he would try to change something with only 7 seconds on the clock.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrissooner49er


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 4001
Location: Tulsa, OK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
No less than THREE distinct scoring opportunities were marred by either non-calls or mis-called:
The 2 pt. conversion--Ravens were offsides.
The FG attempt we were given again due to "running into the kicker" should have been a fresh set of downs because it was "ROUGHING the kicker".
The 4th and Goal play we ALL know should have been holding/defensive pass interference.
Someone was definitely siding with the Ravens.

However, Kaep shares some of the blame for this loss. His mistakes really cost us. Sure, the obvious one is the interception, but I think worse was Kaep's lack of clock management. His inexperience literally reared up and bit us in the arse---it was evident on Jim's face. More than once he was livid at Kaep's inability to get the snap off. So, he gets to be the first QB to have lost a SB for the 49ers. However, he still may be the QB who wins the 6th Lombardi+ for us as well.


I agree. This kid is disappointed in himself and he will be looking to redeem himself next year. I think with the off season, Kaep will learn how to get out of the huddle quicker to make his adjustments at the line. I cringed everytime he would try to change something with only 7 seconds on the clock.


And once or twice, he tried to do that with only 4 or 5 left! Confused
_________________
fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Draft wishes:1st-Beckham/Cooks,Fuller/Verrett;2nd-T. Murphy,Moncrief,Su'a-Filo,M. Smith;3rd-Abbrederis,Ben Gardner,J.Watkins,T. Reilly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:
No less than THREE distinct scoring opportunities were marred by either non-calls or mis-called:
The 2 pt. conversion--Ravens were offsides.
The FG attempt we were given again due to "running into the kicker" should have been a fresh set of downs because it was "ROUGHING the kicker".
The 4th and Goal play we ALL know should have been holding/defensive pass interference.
Someone was definitely siding with the Ravens.

However, Kaep shares some of the blame for this loss. His mistakes really cost us. Sure, the obvious one is the interception, but I think worse was Kaep's lack of clock management. His inexperience literally reared up and bit us in the arse---it was evident on Jim's face. More than once he was livid at Kaep's inability to get the snap off. So, he gets to be the first QB to have lost a SB for the 49ers. However, he still may be the QB who wins the 6th Lombardi+ for us as well.


I agree. This kid is disappointed in himself and he will be looking to redeem himself next year. I think with the off season, Kaep will learn how to get out of the huddle quicker to make his adjustments at the line. I cringed everytime he would try to change something with only 7 seconds on the clock.


And once or twice, he tried to do that with only 4 or 5 left! Confused


I wonder what the holdup is? He gets 25 seconds? We should break our huddle in less than 10 seconds. He'll get better at this as time goes on. Alex used to have trouble with this and if I can recall this year when he did start, he did a much better job with the clock.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8833
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I'm just saying the NFL didn't display an even playing field last night.


Just seems pointless to sit around and whine about officiating. Want to not see officiating make such critical calls? then make more plays in the 1st half and get a healthy lead to hold onto. We didn't. If some want to focus on officiating and conspiracy theories, so be it... but meh... I am not gonna waste time or emotion in going down that path of futility.
Yeah I hear ya Oldie. The no call sucked but if we didn't dig a hole in the 1st half we wouldn't probably be talking about the last play.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick is blaming himself which is better than I'd have done. He could have easily pointed out the playcalling, the bad play of the defense in the first half, the st lapse. Kaep will get better with experience and one february very soon we will be celebrating 6.

We need a cb and more pass rush badly.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
I'm just saying the NFL didn't display an even playing field last night.


Just seems pointless to sit around and whine about officiating. Want to not see officiating make such critical calls? then make more plays in the 1st half and get a healthy lead to hold onto. We didn't. If some want to focus on officiating and conspiracy theories, so be it... but meh... I am not gonna waste time or emotion in going down that path of futility.
Yeah I hear ya Oldie. The no call sucked but if we didn't dig a hole in the 1st half we wouldn't probably be talking about the last play.


nope we wouldn't be. If kaep floats that ball to moss or throws it a bit lower to Crabs then the game is 7-7 then if he hits Crabs before the half for a FD maybe we score and go into the half down 21-14. and let's say we still get the three second half TDs and go up 38-34 and later on kick a FG to go up by seven and force the ravens to drive 80 yards to tie. If only...
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 2818
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Kaepernick is blaming himself which is better than I'd have done. He could have easily pointed out the playcalling, the bad play of the defense in the first half, the st lapse. Kaep will get better with experience and one february very soon we will be celebrating 6.

We need a cb and more pass rush badly.


our pass rush got to flacco, the problem was we COULDN'T get him down. I believe Brooks missed one and Aldon missed one also.

edit: I believe one of those missed sacks turned into that big 31 yard catch by Boldin...
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."


Last edited by NcFinest9erFan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group