Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Patriots Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
You guys are all drunk, completely drunk. Laughing

Dhunt, they don't strike you as sure fire starters? Of course not, how many "sure fire" guys are there in a draft class, 15-20 maybe? And safeties? Rarely any, sometimes 1 or 2.

All those kids are 2nd/3rd round talents that have legitimate shots at being impact players in this league. Not happening though, we have Tavon Wilson and Steve Gregory! Crying or Very sad Laughing

Rambo takes awful angles to the football, plays overaggressive and it shows. Lester was just unimpressive this year, his stock is way down. Elam is a bit undersized and I'm not sold on his ability in pass coverage over the middle, but is probably the best of that trio.

Deadpulse on the sig
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:

Dhunt, they don't strike you as sure fire starters? Of course not, how many "sure fire" guys are there in a draft class, 15-20 maybe? And safeties? Rarely any, sometimes 1 or 2.

All those kids are 2nd/3rd round talents that have legitimate shots at being impact players in this league. Not happening though, we have Tavon Wilson and Steve Gregory! Crying or Very sad Laughing

Rambo takes awful angles to the football, plays overaggressive and it shows. Lester was just unimpressive this year, his stock is way down. Elam is a bit undersized and I'm not sold on his ability in pass coverage over the middle, but is probably the best of that trio.

I havent watch much of Tony Jefferson but I've heard some like him. What do you think of him?

Also I like Shamarko Thomas as a later round guy.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Swearinger

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:

But fella's, these are safety's! If his name is not Ed Reed you're going to find some area of his game that's not great! Rambo has a great combination of physicality and coverage ability from the games I've seen! I was ready to take Lester last year, I'll gladly take him at a discounted round price this year! Very Happy

As for Matt Elam, the kid is a beast. I am not the least bit worried about his shorter stature.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:

Lester's been overrated for awhile. I think he has the skills to be a decent safety in a league full of bad safeties (and thus look "good" by comparison) but I don't think he will live up to some of the hype he has gotten over the last few years. If they can snag him at the end of the 3rd, I'd be all for it. But I think he'll get overdrafted and end up being selected in round 2 or early 3.

Rambo reminds me a bit of Meriweather with his "instincts" and tendency to play out of control. I don't think he's a guy the Pats would be interested in at all.

Elam is definitely the best of that trio, but he reminds me a bit of Pat Chung (and Meriweather) insofar as his tendency to try to lay big hits rather than to tackle properly. I know we like to think that guys like that can be cached out of those types of tendencies, but it doesn't often happen. He is a better fit for teams that use their SS as more of a blitzing/in the box player. I don't think he has the pass defense abilities to succeed in a scheme like New England's where the SS is given a lot of coverage responsibilities and rarely plays up towards the line.
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam scares me a ton. I can't help but see Chung in him.

My #1 safety this offseason is still Charles Woodson. He's not getting his $10M this year, so if he's released rather than restructured, then I like him as a year or two bandaid at SS

(until Ebner is ready Wink )
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Elam scares me a ton. I can't help but see Chung in him.

My #1 safety this offseason is still Charles Woodson. He's not getting his $10M this year, so if he's released rather than restructured, then I like him as a year or two bandaid at SS

(until Ebner is ready Wink )

Make room on the Woodson bandwagon, I'm all aboard.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Reed or Charles Wood-son?
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Ed Reed or Charles Wood-son?
Definitely Woodson. His skills are much more complementary to McCourty's rather than redundant.
Riddler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can't get Vaccaro then I like Cooper Taylor in one of the mid rounds. Big SS reminds me of Kam Chancellor. I'm on board with Woodson too
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Okeafor and Sylvester Williams having great days so far today. Great use.of hands and show of strength.

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Alex Okeafor and Sylvester Williams having great days so far today. Great use.of hands and show of strength.

If we don't trade out of #29 I want to use it on Sylvester Williams.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

If we don't trade out of #29 I want to use it on Sylvester Williams.

I would love to think we'll be there @29 but it's tough. Williams definitely has the best first step of all interior DL this year and is really an intriguing guy to look for as.weeks progress.

Wk 2 AFC POTW
patsfreak007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
#Swearinger

Favorite safety in the draft. He's going to be a stud.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Galko for Optimum Scouting attended the Senior Bowl and had this to say about the WR's who excelled so far:

Quote:
For the third day in a row, LaTechís Quinton Patton was the best receiver on the South squad, and it wasnít close. He is polished in everything he does and is probably the best receiver at the Senior Bowl. If there was one area he showed room to improve this week it was against strong press coverage. One on play, he was jammed all the way through his route after missing the swat at the line and lacking the upper body strength to recover. Still, there were enough times Patton showed quickness and proper hand countering at the line to think heíll be more consistent in this are. His best play was against Robert Lester (a mismatch) where he ran a stop and go and tracked a deep pass down the sideline and into the end zone while keeping his feet in bounds.

-Baylorís Terrence Williams had some nice plays downfield which is where he seems most comfortable in using his frame and body control to track the ball over coverage. On intermediate routes, Williams becomes a bit more ordinary, not showing much route savvy at the top of his breaks and lacking explosiveness out of them as well. Heís a strider who fits as a downfield big play threat.

Wk 2 AFC POTW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: